Denon AVR-X4300H 9.2 Channel AV Receiver Review & Comments

Ah sorry I just spotted, the analogue output board, for some reason I read it as inputs....Ta

The analogue multichannel inputs on the SR7011 would obviously only be of any use if the source was analogue.

This sorta covers everything I'm after, but just got to get a couple of thing clear. Currently 7.1 but would go 5.1.2 with up firing speakers, if that goes well maybe 5.1.4 with extra amplification.

Now here's my query, if I acquired decent power amp, can I assign that to my front mains to improve power and re assign internal amplification to up firing speakers?

This sorta covers everything I'm after, but just got to get a couple of thing clear. Currently 7.1 but would go 5.1.2 with up firing speakers, if that goes well maybe 5.1.4 with extra amplification.

Now here's my query, if I acquired decent power amp, can I assign that to my front mains to improve power and re assign internal amplification to up firing speakers?

The AVRX4300 can do 5.1.4 out of the box and without any additional amplification. Its a 9 channel AV receiver. It can potentially do 7.1.4 if you add an additional 2 channels of external amplification.

Yes, you can reassign the internal front amplification to power the additional Atmos speakers with while using an external 2 channel amp to power the front speakers with.

Thanks dante01, exactly what I'm after. Cheers:thumbsup:

if this amp and the Marantz sr7011 are the same spec,then why no comments in the 7011 review of being under powered or lacking headroom.

if this amp and the Marantz sr7011 are the same spec,then why no comments in the 7011 review of being under powered or lacking headroom.
This review didn't say it is under power nor that it lacks headroom, on the contrary.

I think it depends how you read it,and how loud you listen,i am not dissing the amp I don't want to replace a slightly under powered amp with another.

If true then the Marantz is just as underpowered and lacking headroom. They both have the exact same power available to them.

Great review. With HEOS integration, is the X4300H capable of sending rear surround channels to HEOS speakers wirelessly? This a feature lacking on the Yamaha musiccast system, so looking for an alternative.

Great review. With HEOS integration, is the X4300H capable of sending rear surround channels to HEOS speakers wirelessly? This a feature lacking on the Yamaha musiccast system, so looking for an alternative.

The HEOS abilities are stereo only and will not facilitate the provision of wireless surround speakers as part of the main room setup. No AV receiver has the abilities you are looking for.

Yes. All the Denon models above the AVRX2300 have inbuilt analogue to HDMI conversion. You'd not however be able to implement this in relation to output via the dedicated second HDMI zone output and it is only effective if used in relation to the main and the monitor 2 outputs.

Thanks - that's very helpful and clear.

I think it depends how you read it,and how loud you listen,i am not dissing the amp I don't want to replace a slightly under powered amp with another.
There will always be something that is more powerful. But that doesn't mean others are underpowered. So many factors in play. It is down to you to right size the power you require. No review will be done to your specific situation. But why not actually provide some details as to what it needs to power and in what environment.

I've been looking to replace my old Onkyo 905 for a very long time now, would I notice a reduction in quality by moving to this one?

I've been looking to replace my old Onkyo 905 for a very long time now, would I notice a reduction in quality by moving to this one?
Best get an audition if in doubt. Everyone seems pretty pleased with it and it is good value. It's a little less powerful than the Onkyo but on the bright side you won't get a hernia picking the Denon up.:)

Personally Greg I'd choose Denon over Onkyo every time and if you're looking for value for money then the X4300 is hard to beat.

Thanks Steve, the Onkyo 905 was a beast in its day and it was probably more amp than I ever needed and at the levels I watch TV/movies at I doubt it's ever been out of 3rd gear, but it needs replacing as it doesn't have ARC and all the 4K goodies.

I didn't fancy paying £1300 again to replace it and at £799 looks to fit the bill and has everything I need.

Edit: The free Denon HEOS1 speaker offer is that a Denon offer or retailer specific?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if all the various sound arrangements, especially the DDHD and DTSHD are available through the the preouts please?

I'll be using active speakers with whatever processor/cinema amp I buy and this one looks like it has everything I'll ever need if it can lob out the HD sound formats through its phono outs.

It's been a while since I had a home cinema set up.

I'm looking forward to it.

Does anyone know if all the various sound arrangements, especially the DDHD and DTSHD are available through the the preouts please?

I'll be using active speakers with whatever processor/cinema amp I buy and this one looks like it has everything I'll ever need if it can lob out the HD sound formats through its phono outs.

It's been a while since I had a home cinema set up.

I'm looking forward to it.

Pre outs output the audio post processing so the formats you mention will have already been decoded and converted to analogue by the receiver prior to being sent to the pre outs.

I'd be wary of buying Yamaha x60 Adventage models right now. It isn't yet known whether Yamaha will be updating its current models to fascilitate Dolby Vision and HLG passthrough. They have announced that the next gen models will be getting this, but no word as to whether older models can be updated or will be updated. THe AVRX4300 will be getting a Dolby Vision HLG update sometime late this year through to early next year.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom