Denon AVR-X4300H 9.2 Channel AV Receiver Review & Comments

well you could wait i suppose but if Simon wants it now then he wants it now, I don't know tbh
its not overpriced though as the 4300 is now discontinued and the 4400 is just released so that plays a big part imo

I work music retail and agree it is not over overpriced, but they are replaced so quickly, there is always a bargain to be had somewhere :clap:
Cheers Chaps!

Example. This time last year, or even in January, the 4300 were well.over a grand. by late February, they were selling for £800-£900.
I got mine for £849 with a free Heos speaker

Example. This time last year, or even in January, the 4300 were well.over a grand. by late February, they were selling for £800-£900.
I got mine for £849 with a free Heos speaker

Yea, your right, but if they were list at £800-£900 dealers would end up selling for £700... gotta start somewhere.
It would be better if there were no deals, it was say £950, everyone stuck to the same price, but that's not the world we live in eh [emoji111]️

After reading through most of this thread and others this will be the one I am looking for
Thx for the replies [emoji41]

Does this allow bi-amping the fronts while in a 5.1.2 Atmos setup?

Is there anything in the 4400 that would make the newer model worth considering, setting price/value aside?

Also considering the Marantz 7011 or 7012.

That's very interesting, was it officially announced or is it something you know because of other sources? :)

And will the X4300H ever support Dolby Atmos over ARC or do we need to wait for newer models in the hope of eARC and HDMI 2.1? (I mean on top of 7.1, in theory Atmos 5.1 in DD+ over ARC should already be possible if the TV streams it back to the AVR).

Hi, has anyone managed to use at least 5.1.2 atmos on avrx-4300h over ARC? I’m thinking on buying lg oled tv and I’d like to know if it would be possible to use the tv Netflix app with atmos and hdr over ARC with this receiver.
Thanks!

Hi, has anyone managed to use at least 5.1.2 atmos on avrx-4300h over ARC? I’m thinking on buying lg oled tv and I’d like to know if it would be possible to use the tv Netflix app with atmos and hdr over ARC with this receiver.
Thanks!

Yes you can

Thanks!

HDR relates to video so wouldn't be conveyed by ARC which only deals with audio.

In order to convey the Atmos metadata associated with some Netflix content then you'd need a TV and AV receiver that can handle Dolby Digital Plus via ARC. Not all implementations of ARC have the ability to handle DD+. I do believe that most if not all newer LG TVs include the ability to cpnvey DD+ via ARC, but I'm unsure as to whether or not DEnon AV receivers also include this ability? The newer and more current the hradware then the more likely it is that you'd be able to output and receive DD+ via ARC.

HDR relates to video so wouldn't be conveyed by ARC which only deals with audio.

In order to convey the Atmos metadata associated with some Netflix content then you'd need a TV and AV receiver that can handle Dolby Digital Plus via ARC. Not all implementations of ARC have the ability to handle DD+. I do believe that most if not all newer LG TVs include the ability to cpnvey DD+ via ARC, but I'm unsure as to whether or not DEnon AV receivers also include this ability? The newer and more current the hradware then the more likely it is that you'd be able to output and receive DD+ via ARC.

Denon receivers certainly can do this ,my 4200 did and my 4400 does

Denon receivers certainly can do this ,my 4200 did and my 4400 does

I asked this question because I read that 4400 has e (enhanced) ARC and I know my 4300 doesn’t. But imagine that if 4200 can do Atmos through ARC using dd+ as base, my 4300 should do it. right? Btw thanks for the help!

I asked this question because I read that 4400 has e (enhanced) ARC and I know my 4300 doesn’t. But imagine that if 4200 can do Atmos through ARC using dd+ as base, my 4300 should do it. right? Btw thanks for the help!
Yes it will do it ,the 4200 definitely did it (just sold mine ) ,my 4400 does it and e ARC isn't enabled yet on it, I must add that I,m using an LG 65C7 as source

Yes it will do it ,the 4200 definitely did it (just sold mine ) ,my 4400 does it and e ARC isn't enabled yet on it, I must add that I,m using an LG 65C7 as source

Hi again!
I managed to get Dolby digital+ over arc using 4300h and oled 55b7p. But atmos doesn’t show up on the receiver display nor on tv. When I use tv internal audio it says it’s using atmos. What am o doing wrong?
Thanks

Hi again!
I managed to get Dolby digital+ over arc using 4300h and oled 55b7p. But atmos doesn’t show up on the receiver display nor on tv. When I use tv internal audio it says it’s using atmos. What am o doing wrong?
Thanks
Are you using the Auto setting ,under Pure on the remote ,press 3 times I think

I will soon be getting Sky Q so this will be an issue for me. I cannot see an Auto butotn under teh Pure button?
keep pressing the pure button until you get auto.

if you are using audyssey then auto will to,auto just plays surround or stereo or whatever the source,pure direct i use for cd playback it switches off display and various other circuits for a unmolested sound,direct is somewhere in between.

if you are using audyssey then auto will to,auto just plays surround or stereo or whatever the source,pure direct i use for cd playback it switches off display and various other circuits for a unmolested sound,direct is somewhere in between.
Great. So the pure button works by cycling it thought it was just an on switch.

Great. So the pure button works by cycling it thought it was just an on switch.
each mode is slightly different and the amp remembers what you have set for each input,so if i play blue ray it plays in auto,if i stream or play music it plays in pure direct,pure direct has no processing so no audyssey.

After some help with a setting that I know is there but just can't find it.

When going from a HD channel to an SD channel, the volume increases massively, so you have to quickly grab the remote and turn it down.

I'm sure when I initially set this beast up, there was an option for this but I declined to enable it for some reason. But the volume difference is becoming such an annoyance I'd like to enable it but can't find the option anywhere!

When going from a HD channel to an SD channel, the volume increases massively, so you have to quickly grab the remote and turn it down.

I'm sure when I initially set this beast up, there was an option for this but I declined to enable it for some reason. But the volume difference is becoming such an annoyance I'd like to enable it but can't find the option anywhere!
I dont have this issue with my x4300.

Did you run auddessy?

I think the only way you can accommodate what you want is to use Dynamic Volume that will help even out changes in the volume of the audio from any given input. Other than that the volume is dependant on the broadcast, just like loud adverts amongst the quieter programmes. Most SD channels use PCM which is invariably louder than Dolby.

I think the only way you can accommodate what you want is to use Dynamic Volume that will help even out changes in the volume of the audio from any given input. Other than that the volume is dependant on the broadcast, just like loud adverts amongst the quieter programmes. Most SD channels use PCM which is invariably louder than Dolby.

Thanks, yes dynamic volume is the one, where is this in the settings?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom