Denon AVR-X4300H Owners Thread

~
Good news mate!

Is that with the PS4 HDMI into the game port and the TV output HDMi no 1?

TV input #2, so I can use ARC with TV apps. Unfortunately, was playing Overwatch(non-HDR) last night, and started to have some HandShake issues. Bottom half of screen started flashing, pink snow, blank screen, all that good stuff. Meanwhile, played 3 hours night before with no issue.

So now trying another cable. 20ft Fusion4k cable(check amazon), more than I would usually pay, but wanted options to try and cure this issue, and amazon takes everything back. So far so good(could have said that about the other cable at this point as well). Will continue to test out and keep u guys posted.

Don't want to spend 2 hours changing out cables until I know for sure. For now, I'm making it work. lol
29g077k.jpg

6ena8l.jpg

TV input #2, so I can use ARC with TV apps. Unfortunately, was playing Overwatch(non-HDR) last night, and started to have some HandShake issues. Bottom half of screen started flashing, pink snow, blank screen, all that good stuff. Meanwhile, played 3 hours night before with no issue.

So now trying another cable. 20ft Fusion4k cable(check amazon), more than I would usually pay, but wanted options to try and cure this issue, and amazon takes everything back. So far so good(could have said that about the other cable at this point as well). Will continue to test out and keep u guys posted.

Don't want to spend 2 hours changing out cables until I know for sure. For now, I'm making it work. lol
29g077k.jpg

6ena8l.jpg
Is your rack open in the back? Is it refrigerated?
Are those Polk's?

bit of a strange one this evening - i managed to control the amp whilst i was in work over 5 miles from home via 4G.
last night i used spotify on the phone app playing on the amp - all fine
tonight i was in work tried to play a tune on my phone - no sound and noticed the 4300 text was lit up in green on my phone, so changed to play on the phone.
the OH then calls me asking if i was controlling the house?? basically the tv she was watching turned over and the amp changed to spotify playing the music i was trying to listen to.
when i tried then to search for available devices the 4300 was obviously not visible.
not really a bug but a bit strange that as i would have thought the phone would have had to be connected to the same network and not on mobile network miles away??
any ideas?

Spooky - crappy heos app usually doesn't even work when i am on the same WIFI but different channels via the extenders so what ever you are doing ... it's magic

bit of a strange one this evening - i managed to control the amp whilst i was in work over 5 miles from home via 4G.
last night i used spotify on the phone app playing on the amp - all fine
tonight i was in work tried to play a tune on my phone - no sound and noticed the 4300 text was lit up in green on my phone, so changed to play on the phone.
the OH then calls me asking if i was controlling the house?? basically the tv she was watching turned over and the amp changed to spotify playing the music i was trying to listen to.
when i tried then to search for available devices the 4300 was obviously not visible.
not really a bug but a bit strange that as i would have thought the phone would have had to be connected to the same network and not on mobile network miles away??
any ideas?
Same here! I use it to annoy my wife and simulating home activity when out for vacations.
Spooky - crappy heos app usually doesn't even work when i am on the same WIFI but different channels via the extenders so what ever you are doing ... it's magic
Same happened with Onkyo...

For X4300H, is there any way to biamp center channel ? Or biamp all Left Right Center channl?
Providing that it goes with external amp.

Thanks.

For X4300H, is there any way to biamp center channel ? Or biamp all Left Right Center channl?
Providing that it goes with external amp.

Thanks.

No. There's no means by which to reassign any of the receiver's integral amps to bi-amp the centre speaker with and the only speakers with a bi-amp option are the front left and right speakers.

No. There's no means by which to reassign any of the receiver's integral amps to bi-amp the centre speaker with and the only speakers with a bi-amp option are the front left and right speakers.
Thanks. I think this option only available in the flagship model?

Thanks. I think this option only available in the flagship model?

The new AVCX8500H definitely allows for this. You can reassign all of its internal amps and bi-amp up to six speakers using the receiver's integral amplification.

BRAND NEW QUESTION (sorry to shout):

I have a 7.2.4 set up and two of my four height channels are powered by an external stereo amp.
I have got hold of a very old 5.1 receiver and am thinking of using this to power all 4 height speakers for an extra bit of consistency in the heights (should not matter I guess cos of Audyssey).

The other reason is, that I want to free up the Denon amps to power the main 7 speakers. Is this how it works? If I free up two of the 9 channels channels and give them over to the external receiver, will I then get that extra power as more headroom to more easily power the remaining 7?

I hope that was not confusing.

Thanks.

Personally I would use a good stereo amp to power the front left and right speakers as these will always be the most demanding on the amp. This will free up the Denon to power your smaller heights and surround speakers.

BRAND NEW QUESTION (sorry to shout):

I have a 7.2.4 set up and two of my four height channels are powered by an external stereo amp.
I have got hold of a very old 5.1 receiver and am thinking of using this to power all 4 height speakers for an extra bit of consistency in the heights (should not matter I guess cos of Audyssey).

The other reason is, that I want to free up the Denon amps to power the main 7 speakers. Is this how it works? If I free up two of the 9 channels channels and give them over to the external receiver, will I then get that extra power as more headroom to more easily power the remaining 7?

I hope that was not confusing.

Thanks.
Another vote for getting a stereo amp to take the load of the front speakers. Added bonus being that music, especially from stereo sources will sound a lot lot better. You will probably get more spare headroom on the Denon by doing it that way. It certainly improved the way my 6200 performed after adding a Rega amp.

For ease of use an amp with HT bypass would be best.
http://audiophile.no/en/articles-tests-reviews/item/426-amplifiers-with-processor-input

Another vote for getting a stereo amp to take the load of the front speakers. Added bonus being that music, especially from stereo sources will sound a lot lot better. You will probably get more spare headroom on the Denon by doing it that way. It certainly improved the way my 6200 performed after adding a Rega amp.

For ease of use an amp with HT bypass would be best.
http://audiophile.no/en/articles-tests-reviews/item/426-amplifiers-with-processor-input
As I said, I am already booked up to a stereo amp. It's a Marantz and was.my stereo amp.

I never listen to music in stereo as I always use the all.channel stereo.

But given the fronts have most work to do I will switch that amplifixampli to the marantz

As I said, I am already booked up to a stereo amp. It's a Marantz and was.my stereo amp.

I never listen to music in stereo as I always use the all.channel stereo.

But given the fronts have most work to do I will switch that amplifixampli to the marantz
I think you will find that even in all channel stereo the fronts will sound a lot better, I dare say that pure direct stereo may produce better results when using the stereo amp. Don't forget you will have to EQ the system again.

As I said originally, I run a 7.1.4 and need the extra two channels. The 4300 is 9 channel only
I know, that is how I read it. But all this talk about quality stereo amps to improve your front stereo pair is irrelevant if you listen to an artificially created quadrophonic setup. As you already run a 7.1.4 setup then its all good isn’t it?

I know, that is how I read it. But all this talk about quality stereo amps to improve your front stereo pair is irrelevant if you listen to an artificially created quadrophonic setup. As you already run a 7.1.4 setup then its all good isn’t it?
Again, if you read my original posting I am talking about releasing some effort from the main amp by replacing my current external 2 channels with 4 external amplification channels to release some effort from the main amp. Shall I copy and paste my original post or clarify further?

Again, if you read my original posting I am talking about releasing some effort from the main amp by replacing my current external 2 channels with 4 external amplification channels to release some effort from the main amp. Shall I copy and paste my original post or clarify further?
LOL as I said I know. I’m not arguing against you, simply saying you won’t get any benefit from doing that when you listen the way you do. You just won’t hear the difference it’s a futile action. But hey feel free to go for it.

But fine if you want to hear only positive agreement, then why not just go get the best amplifier you can get.

Or as you highlighted you can use your old 5.1 amp. However I doubt that will actually work as you wouldn’t want it to do processing. You may be able to use a dual zone function to split the amps that way.

But ultimately you’ve got it working now, and either way of progressing will not provide notable benefits. Hence I responded the way I did.

That has nothing to do with not reading it, on the contrary it has everything to do with actually reading it ;)

As I was reading the it the question was about powering the extra two speakers. The suggestion was a stereo amp to take the load of the front left and right as it is a better solution that using an amp to power the Atmos speakers. The advantage of this is that it is more than likely that the front will sound better when playing music, even in surround stereo.

Personally I still think that is a waste as unadulterated stereo from a quality amp is still the best to listen to, but that is me personally and also you by the sound of it. All my music, including SACD is always played via my Marantz CDP in stereo. When using my BR to play DVD based concerts or blu ray audio then the fronts have benefitted from having a Rega amp run them in HT bypass.

As I was reading the it the question was about powering the extra two speakers. The suggestion was a stereo amp to take the load of the front left and right as it is a better solution that using an amp to power the Atmos speakers. The advantage of this is that it is more than likely that the front will sound better when playing music, even in surround stereo.

Personally I still think that is a waste as unadulterated stereo from a quality amp is still the best to listen to, but that is me personally and also you by the sound of it. All my music, including SACD is always played via my Marantz CDP in stereo. When using my BR to play DVD based concerts or blu ray audio then the fronts have benefitted from having a Rega amp run them in HT bypass.
I totally agree, but by the time I read it I had the advantage to learn that it isn’t being listened to in stereo. Hence there simply isn’t such an advantage that at the best of times was minimal to begin with.

I totally agree, but by the time I read it I had the advantage to learn that it isn’t being listened to in stereo. Hence there simply isn’t such an advantage that at the best of times was minimal to begin with.
If @FunkiestMonkey did opt for a good quality stereo amp for the fronts I would urge him to listen to pure stereo with it, even if he has to set the Denon to pure direct from the source because there is no doubt that the detail, depth and pure musicality is far better being unadulterated.

Every little thing in the chain can improve or worsen the sound. Music in stereo is far better from my Marantz CDP over both Denon and Pioneer blu ray players that I have even though the HT chain employs the Rega. Just too many things in the chain. Keep it simple and that almost always gives you the best sound quality.

If @FunkiestMonkey did opt for a good quality stereo amp for the fronts I would urge him to listen to pure stereo with it, even if he has to set the Denon to pure direct from the source because there is no doubt that the detail, depth and pure musicality is far better being unadulterated.

Every little thing in the chain can improve or worsen the sound. Music in stereo is far better from my Marantz CDP over both Denon and Pioneer blu ray players that I have even though the HT chain employs the Rega. Just too many things in the chain. Keep it simple and that almost always gives you the best sound quality.
Again totally agree, but he made it very clear that he doesn’t listen like that. You see I actually do read his post contrary to his believes :)

I’ll have proper stereo any day. Mine is setup in such a way that everything is switched off and just have the Amp and my floorstanders do their job. No processing.

The 4300h when mated with the right speakers has got plenty of headroom for that.

So after all that, let me reiterate my question using different phraseology. I have to decide whether to stick with my current Marantz stereo amp powering 2 out of 4 height channels. Or switch this two external power amp channels to the fronts.
Or take the the marantz out altogether and replace with the 5 channel amp that I now have and use it to power the 4 height channels.
Note: I know all about purity of stereo. I bought my first stereo separates system in 1997.
But I am putting that down retrospectively.
My questions have been answered.
Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom