Denon AVR-X4300H Owners Thread

Paul Mela

Established Member
Reaction score
Ordered one of these on Thursday to replace my faithful Yamaha A810. Looks like I'm one of the first owners so I've started a thread.

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these, any thoughts as of yet would be great ideal.

Pulled the trigger today. Stopped off on my way to Glasgow to seal the deal and pay. Picking it up on Friday on my way home so i can play with it over the weekend.

Is it Friday yet......?

hi,been on here a few times over the years,now back on ,awaiting this amp for a friday/saturday delivery,cant wait for you tech savvy guys and your hints tips,look forward to sharing :)

As soon as you are up and running can you give some feedback as i am potentially in the market for one of these myself! What speakers are you all running I do not know how Denon pairs with B&W speakers anyone know?

hi,im up and running,so far so good,kef reference 2.2 front soundstage and just q8's at the backbut the sound is amazing,picture quality through my pioneer 5090 is just as good(maybe going 4k in the new year),firestick and kodi work great....cant comment on the heos as the speaker didnt arrive with the amp...whats going on Richer Sounds??????

Cheers firefly. Is anybody passing 4K and HDR though, how is it and how is the switching?

Thanks

could really do with some help,if anyone can? I'm hooked up to a Tivo box,firestick and a ps4,the ps4 alwys works but the Tivo and the firestick seem to work when they want to.Am i doing something wrong with the Denon,i've had Pioneer and Onkyo before,never had a problem.Everything is connected properly,all hdmi leads are fully in,any tips would be greatly appreciated

Well I'm a dumb a**All I had to do was turn off zone 2 .Didnt even think about it but when you turn the reciever off zone 2 kicked in,so opened the flap at the front,pressed off and now everything works fine,now I can finally start to to play properly

Excellent thanks. See how you get on playing depending on your feedback I will need to make a decision next week. Cheers

Hi all

Took the plunge and got a 4300H a couple of weeks ago. Not installed all of the speakers yet (going for a 5.1.4 set up, just running the fronts and sub at the moment) as I need to chase wires, etc. Oh the pain having them all in a box not being used... However, been playing with the 4300H HEOS and the HEOS 1 speaker. Finding that when paired as a multiroom, the HEOS 1 speaker is 'ahead' of the 4300H in synchronisation (about 50-100ms to my uncalibrated ear!). I've opened a support issue with Denon that I am still working through with them and will post any useful information here but interested to see if anyone else is having issues with the receiver not being in sync with the HEOS speaker? I'm finding it does this on any source (local NAS drive, stream, etc). Anyone else have the same problem?

Last edited:
Hi all, I would be very interested in resolving the sync issue also. Please bare with me, I am a complete novice in regards of AV.
I have also recently bought the 4300h. When watching tv, connected via HDMI the picture dialogue is always fractionally in front of the audio. I've tried to resolve the issue by experimenting with the sync function on the amp but it only makes it worse. There's the option of either applying auto sync or a manual adjustment. Neither seem to help. Trouble is , the manual adjustment only takes the audio further away, there's no way I can see of "retarding " the audio. Any help would be most appreciated.
Tv btw is a Sony xd94

Hi orchid288
I will post on any news regarding synchronisation.
Regarding your issue... On my 4300H the delay was hovering around 120ms (from auto set up?) when watching a blu ray and was about right for my kit. So, I had room to both advance or retard the amp audio relative to the picture. Are you saying that with a 0ms audio delay, the amp audio is still too far behind the picture?

Are you saying that with a 0ms audio delay, the amp audio is still too far behind the picture?
Yes, that's it exactly. I tried playing with the settings again and found that normal tv is fine when set to auto sync. The problem occurs when watching Netflix (fractionally) but anything on utube, music vids etc are so bad it makes it impossible to watch. Could it be just the source itself ?.

Hi, sounds like it could be the source(s) rather than the amp. You mention that watching TV via HDMI is fine. In which case, the amp/TV combo is clearly capable of getting things in sync. What do you use to watch YouTube or Netflix? Is the firmware up to date on the kit you use for streaming these sources?

On first impression I'm a bit underwhelmed. It replaced an Onkyo 805 and lacks the punch and excitement of that receiver. It's definitely a warmer amp than the Onkyo but, for example, in the chase/truck-crash secene in The Dark Knight when the helicopter tail crashes through the high-rise windows the room fills with the sound of crashing and tinkling glass through the Onkyo but with the Denon it barely noticible. With the Onkyo, Morgan Feeman's voice is beautifully crisp, clear and melodius from the centre speaker. Again, the Denon doesn't compare here.

Yet to get under the hood which I hope can bring better results.

Hi Davie G, we use the app for Netflix direct from the tv, also the voice recognition app for utube stuff. When playing anything through the BT uhd box it works ok.
Is there a way of setting the audio sync for individual apps/programs ?

For a inexperienced av enthusiast I'm absolutely loving the 4300. Previously owned a Pioneer sc lx75 but to be honest never really got to grips with it, too confusing, whereas the Denon I've found much easier to navigate. I've got a MA Apex 7.2 setup & its never sounded so good.
I'm determined to get the best out of the current setup, a few minor issues hopefully to be resolved but I think that's only because of my inexperience rather than the amp.

Yet to get under the hood which I hope can bring better results.

I too hope to delve under the hood when time allows (working for a living and young kids tends to get in the way of things!). Apparently there's an audyssey app due to be released in the new year that can let you see what the room corrections have done (assuming you have used the auto set up). Reading on the net it sounds like you can also tweak the target correction curves too so that may help you get some of the sparkle back that you are missing now?

Hi Davie G, we use the app for Netflix direct from the tv, also the voice recognition app for utube stuff. When playing anything through the BT uhd box it works ok.
Is there a way of setting the audio sync for individual apps/programs ?

Hi orchid288 Not sure bout setting individual audio sync for different apps. That would be down to your source. However, that sort of stuff should just be taken care of by your TV. Incidentally, if you just use the TV speakers (!), are things in sync then?

Ok, I've tried utube thru the tv speakers & it all works fine. It seems the problem lies when playing thru the amp. Hhhhhhmmmmmm. On the amp is the audio delay variable both ways, i.e. advance & retard ? I can only get settings making the issue worse.

Just jumped in and bought an x4300, give me a day or two for set up and fiddling and will share feedback [emoji1303]

Is any one having issues with the HEOS speaker grouping with main amp speaker set up and playing over wi-if? Will play on its own via Bluetooth though!

Everything else seems great and wii share more detail later. [emoji106]

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom