Denon AVR-X4300H Owners Thread

Excellent, thanks. So that shows conclusively that I can do what I want with a 4400. But...

Can anyone confirm this is the same with the 4300?

Not that I have either yet, but I'd like to know for sure about both so then I can search for either AVR.
Yes you can, I did.

I have been running a Velodyne sub on the 4300 and noticed a couple weeks ago it had cratered (for the second time). I replaced it with a SVS PB 2000 and reran Audyssey; all seemed well and the sub was clearly rumbling when I adjusted its level to correct the volume error before running the calibration.

But I noticed I am getting no bass on movies and such and when I checked the individual speaker levels noticed barely a whisper coming from the sub; the only way to get volume is to run the Denon and SVS volume settings to the max, which I know is not right. All the speaker settings look right and the SVS is set as per instructions for LFE.

Is there something unique with this sub I need to deal with, or is it possible the Velodyne could have caused a problem with the 4300 when it went out? I did double check the Velodyne and confirmed it is dead.

Thanks!

Hmm thats certainly not right. I ran the PB2000 before going to a PC2000 and the PB was a monster. I did find that Audyssey wanted the sub to be lower than i liked. So using the gain on the sub to adjust to the correct level during setup, i then bumped it up a few notches.
When your watching a movie, does the display have LFE speaker lit up?

So amp updated tonight. Didn’t mean to but wasn’t checking the FW for one of my HEOS speakers and the dam app updated the firmware on all speakers and the AVR. Anyone know what’s new?

I had an update this morning via my Heos app which did the amp and speaker when I started it. Maybe that?

Oh the app normally tells me if there is an update waiting but this time I checked for updates. Wanted to check one speaker but it did the lot. So just wondering what the AVR update entails. I went over to the denon website but it wanted to know my serial number before I could see the update and what it fixed or brought in.

Oh the app normally tells me if there is an update waiting but this time I checked for updates. Wanted to check one speaker but it did the lot. So just wondering what the AVR update entails. I went over to the denon website but it wanted to know my serial number before I could see the update and what it fixed or brought in.

Just enter any number and you'll gain access.

The current changelog only lists the last update as being the update released on the 6 February:

changelog_AVRX4300H.txt

last updated:- 06/02/2019

Firmware Vers:6461-9018-8481-3594 ( Non Auro version )
6461-9018-8481-3594 ( Auro version )

06/02/2019

Firmware Vers: 6461-9018-8481-3594 (DZ19-089, , AVR-X4300HBKE2, AVR-X4300HSPE2)

1)While AVR displays Title/Artist/Album by status display, AVR will display
"Spotify" after "Volume change, Mute, INFO, Sound Mode change, SLEEP,
ZONE2 ON/OFF" operations.
2) Update the firmware version to 1.493.180 Music files in USB stick memory
formatted with NTFS cannot be played on HEOS products.

Filename:-DPMS_AVR-X4300HE2_LEGO_0014.zip:
heos_40.prod_1.493.180.zip

31/10/2018

Firmware Vers: 6461-7008-8431-1584 (DZ19-064, , AVR-X4300HBKE2, AVR-X4300HSPE2)

1) Audio improvments and fixes

Filename:DPMS_AVR-X4300HE2_LEGO_0013.zip:
heos_40.prod_1.481.130.zip

08/08/2018

Firmware Vers: 6451-5087-8491-6564 (DZ19-023, , AVR-X4300HBKE2, AVR-X4300HSPE2)

1) "ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)" is ready.
2) "Apple AirPlay2" is ready.
3) Other minor bug fixes.

Filename:-AVR-X4300HBKE2/AVR-X4300HSPE2
heos_40.prod_1.466.190.zip

Firmware vers: 6340-8976-8461-0534 (DZ17-103, AVR-X4300HBKE2)

1) Bugfix for no sound from AirPlay after standby
2) Bugfix for Bluetooth not working after firmware update
3) Other bugfixes and stability improvements

Filename:- DPMS_AVR-X4300HE2_LEGO_0009.zip
- heos_40.prod_1.430.160.zip

Firmware vers: 6340-6946-8451-1524 (DZ17-067, AVR-X4300HBKE2)

1) When playing some ripped Audio CD¥s via a USB stick, an "unsupported file
format" error can occur.
2) Added Amazon music system for Japan, UK, Germany, France, Italy and
Spain.
3) Added HEOS Home Entertainment skill with your Amazon Alexa feature.
(Voice control for Amazon)
4) Added a new feature Dolby Vison
Dolby Vision - Dramatic Imaging at Home or in the Cinema
5) Added a new feature HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) for the pass through signal
Hybrid Log-Gamma - Wikipedia
6) When the customer plays the source of DTS-HD 2.1 ch in Dolby Surround
mode, the sound is output only from the woofer.

Filename:- DPMS_AVR-X4300HE2_LEGO_PopupNon_0008.zip
- heos_40.prod_1.421.153.zip

This isn't however unusual and DEnon don't usually give out info or update their changelogs until some tome after they launch a new update. You'll probably have to wait some time for any new update to be made available as a standalone update?

Last edited:
Anyone know how to stop the smart menu coming on when I turn the power on. Its really annoying

Not sure about price but it still does everything I require
Thanks. I've not seen one cheaper than this anywhere. I can get the equivalent Marantz new for about 130 quid more but this one seems to have everything I need. I think it's because there is no difference in core functionality between the 4300 and 4500 unless you need eARC.

Thanks. I've not seen one cheaper than this anywhere. I can get the equivalent Marantz new for about 130 quid more but this one seems to have everything I need. I think it's because there is no difference in core functionality between the 4300 and 4500 unless you need eARC.
What does eARC do?

In the links below there was one that theoretically went for 400
£500 to me was a great price for something that matches up with a £1000+ receiver but I struggled to find any used. What I found was similar Marantz for around £630.

I paid just over £850 for mine new the same year it was released (real bargain), personally if I were to upgrade it would be to a unit with balanced outputs as I no longer use the built in amps bar two atmos speakers, other than that it’s still spot on IMO. As for price £500 seems like an ok price £400 would be what I’d look to pick one up for.

I paid just over £850 for mine new the same year it was released (real bargain), personally if I were to upgrade it would be to a unit with balanced outputs as I no longer use the built in amps bar two atmos speakers, other than that it’s still spot on IMO. As for price £500 seems like an ok price £400 would be what I’d look to pick one up for.
Thanks.
I wish I could have found one for £400. What I currently see are an x4100 for £400 an x4200 for £600 and another for £900 which is crazy. AVR-x4300s are rare and this one seems to be in great condition with everything included. I try to only upgrade when it is a clear upgrade over my current equipment which in this case it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does eARC do?
It will allow of better audio as already pointed out. Both TV and receiver will need to be eARC capable. It will also be more stable and all manufacturers will implement it to a standard so you won't have the handshake problems that blight standard ARC.

It will allow of better audio as already pointed out. Both TV and receiver will need to be eARC capable. It will also be more stable and all manufacturers will implement it to a standard so you won't have the handshake problems that blight standard ARC.
I know people want this feature but I can't see Netflix pushing out lossless Atmos for some time. That kind of bandwidth is simply not widespread.

I know people want this feature but I can't see Netflix pushing out lossless Atmos for some time. That kind of bandwidth is simply not widespread.
I guess it will be more useful if you want to to connect your 4K/Blu-ray player directly to your TV inputs, so you can have separate settings, and then use eArc to send full fat audio back to the AVR.

I can't see Netflix, iTunes or Amazon doing it.
DD Plus = 0.032mb -> 6mb max
Dolby TrueHD = 18mb
I thought I read somewhere that TrueHD + ATMOS was about 25mb.....
Don't see any apps on the TV doing that, especially if wireless unless it's to use the TV as a switching hub for your DVD player, but then why would you do that if you have an AVR to do that.

I guess it will be more useful if you want to to connect your 4K/Blu-ray player directly to your TV inputs, so you can have separate settings, and then use eArc to send full fat audio back to the AVR.
Interesting but why would you do that?

Interesting but why would you do that?
Well, for example you might have a games console connected into one TV HDMI port with its own unique picture settings, a sky box into another again with its own settings, and finally your Blu-ray player with its own individual settings. That’s why a lot of people do it. And then at least with eARC you won’t lose the lossless sound format.

I’m crap at explaining stuff, hope that makes sense? LOL

Well, for example you might have a games console connected into one TV HDMI port with its own unique picture settings, a sky box into another again with its own settings, and finally your Blu-ray player with its own individual settings. That’s why a lot of people do it. And then at least with eARC you won’t lose the lossless sound format.

I’m crap at explaining stuff, hope that makes sense? LOL
Yeah that's using the TV like a hub, I get that. But can't you modify the settings on the devices and still use the AVR?

I did this with my old Pioneer plasma, HDMI1 had one picture setting say Cinema for DVD player, HDMI2 had another say Professional for Sky.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom