Denon AVR-X4300H Owners Thread

Yeah that's using the TV like a hub, I get that. But can't you modify the settings on the devices and still use the AVR?
Not for things like Game Mode for PC for example. They have to be changed on the TV. So if each piece of kit has it’s own TV HDMI port, they can have their own unique settings always set ready to go.

I did this with my old Pioneer plasma, HDMI1 had one picture setting say Cinema for DVD player, HDMI2 had another say Professional for Sky.
Yep this :thumbsup:

Yes I no longer do, HDR auto flicks, all other stuff is on Cinema or one of the Pro modes, in fact if I watch something good I turn on the projector which requires everything to be plumbed in via the AVR

All my kit goes straight in to my Denon now too. Having said that, I’ve no longer got a games console or Sky. So just a PC and Apple TV 4K in to mine.

I guess it will be more useful if you want to to connect your 4K/Blu-ray player directly to your TV inputs, so you can have separate settings, and then use eArc to send full fat audio back to the AVR.
If your player is HDR10+ capable as well as the TV then, at the moment, there are no receivers capable of HDR10+ passthrough. The twin HDMI players will need to be connected direct to the TV for video and the receiver for HD audio.

If your player is HDR10+ capable as well as the TV then, at the moment, there are no receivers capable of HDR10+ passthrough. The twin HDMI players will need to be connected direct to the TV for video and the receiver for HD audio.
Much like I had to do with Dolby Vision before my receiver got the update. Man that was annoying.

Indeed. My lowly LG OLED isn’t, or my AVR so it’s a non-issue at the mo.

Indeed. My lowly LG OLED isn’t, or my AVR so it’s a non-issue at the mo.
Dolby Vision works best with lower quality TVs. On higher quality TVs the results vary depending on the film. The tone mapping algorithms on your LG means that HDR+ is probably not needed. With Sony BR players you manually switch on/off Dolby Vision which is useful but also annoying and dumb at the same time. So with an LG OLED you get the choice of DV or LG tone mapping. I'm not sure if the Oppo gives you that flexibility.

BTW I would not call a C8 "lowly" at all LoL, and I'm not even a fan of OLED.

All my kit goes straight in to my Denon now too. Having said that, I’ve no longer got a games console or Sky. So just a PC and Apple TV 4K in to mine.
Yeah, I used to have all my peripherals set straight into the AVR but the handshake problems were horrendous and blame Samsung for it. I can no longer enjoy Atmos as I should unless I faff about moving leads.

Thanks.
I wish I could have found one for £400. What I currently see are an x4100 for £400 an x4200 for £600 and another for £900 which is crazy. AVR-x4300s are rare and this one seems to be in great condition with everything included. I try to only upgrade when it is a clear upgrade over my current equipment which in this case it is.
Search

Well the Network card is dead on mine. Both wifi and wired. Performed mulitiple hard resets and still nothing. As much as I really like this receiver. I don't like it enough to pay hundreds of pounds and find a major function not working. From doing a little searching, this network issue is not uncommon. What's more interesting is that you can't do a network card reset, it just doesn't reset so I'm guessing that it is not responding at all.

Plus unfortunately it was not still under warranty which isn't surprising but I was hopeful.

Well the Network card is dead on mine. Both wifi and wired. Performed mulitiple hard resets and still nothing. As much as I really like this receiver. I don't like it enough to pay hundreds of pounds and find a major function not working. From doing a little searching, this network issue is not uncommon. What's more interesting is that you can't do a network card reset, it just doesn't reset so I'm guessing that it is not responding at all.

Plus unfortunately it was not still under warranty which isn't surprising but I was hopeful.
Wow. Not good. One of the best things about my receiver is that i can pick up my phone and play music from my nas or a multitude of online sources like all tidy and amazon music. Even dsd files. So if my network card went that would be hundreds of pounds of functionality gone.

Have you tried unplugging it for a day or so, doubt it will work but maybe worth trying as last resort.

Wow. Not good. One of the best things about my receiver is that i can pick up my phone and play music from my nas or a multitude of online sources like all tidy and amazon music. Even dsd files. So if my network card went that would be hundreds of pounds of functionality gone.
The seller is apparently coming around today to check and will take to to get repaired. So we'll see. Seems like a genuine guy though.

Lucky I terminated my speaker cables with Banana plugs once I knew I was getting a replacement receiver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Avr did a firmware update again. Any way to check the changelog without having to put your serial number in?

Full Spotify? As they have Spotify connect already don’t they?

Sorry yes. Devices that use Spotify connect require a premium sub.
I’ve got the free version so I’ll give it a try later on

Has anyone ever compared this AVR with any Anthem or Arcam amps? Either the Anthem MRX720 or Arcam AVR550? I know they don't have as many features, but I was interested if any improvements were significant? My speakers are Amphion Argon 1s.

Has anyone ever compared this AVR with any Anthem or Arcam amps? Either the Anthem MRX720 or Arcam AVR550? I know they don't have as many features, but I was interested if any improvements were significant? My speakers are Amphion Argon 1s.
It's simply not in the same class as either the Arcam or Anthem. You would have to pitch the X8500 against those.

It's simply not in the same class as either the Arcam or Anthem. You would have to pitch the X8500 against those.
I`m thinking of ditching my 4300 and going for something else. These look ideal.

Does anyone know if there are handshake issues with Samsung and these brands. My 4300 is terrible for losing connection or not defaulting back to Sky. And yes, I realise that`s a Samsung problem but it`s easier to swap amps. I want to keep my TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom