Denon AVR-X4500H Owners Thread

my budget is up to £1500

Anyone know of a quick way to switch outputs? , I can't use auto.

I’ve recently joined the 4500H club. Absolutely loving It so far. My setup is 5.1.2, Q Acoustics 3000i 3.1, KEF T101 rears and KEF Ci100.2QR ceilings. With a pair of Monitor Audio C180’s on Zone 2 in the kitchen.

Is there anyone running a hard wired Zone2 that could confirm it is not possible to ungroup Main and Zone 2 or 3 in the HEOS app? I have the switches to turn each zone on or off individually but cannot ungroup them as the app demo shows, is this just a thing because it’s hard wired or am I missing a setting somewhere? It’s a pain to play Apple Music on Zone 2 because it seems the only way is to stream to main zone (interrupting anyone using that zone) then switch to zone 2 after via HEOS.

There is new firmware available. Just before I pressed "UPDATE" it said the unit would power off, do the update and then power on again.

So ... I pressed UPDATE, it powered off. I left it overnight but it was still powered off and the ON button at the front or the ON button on the remote would not power it up.

Pulling the plug worked mind you.

Anyone else seen this?

There is new firmware available. Just before I pressed "UPDATE" it said the unit would power off, do the update and then power on again.

So ... I pressed UPDATE, it powered off. I left it overnight but it was still powered off and the ON button at the front or the ON button on the remote would not power it up.

Pulling the plug worked mind you.

Anyone else seen this?
Got a firmware number for this?
It did it on my last update but I also had to do a reset as it caused issues, nothing major just messed up some of my settings.

Got a firmware number for this?
It did it on my last update but I also had to do a reset as it caused issues, nothing major just messed up some of my settings.

Strange, this time I was informed after pressing UPDATE ...20% .. 40% etc and it all worked.

I too had to factory reset the AVR though as when selecting various inputs on the HDMI I would get the sound and no picture.

After reset .. all good.

OLD S/W was: 2461-5024-1141-5005
NEW S/w is: 2461-5024-1131-0025

Wonder why mine is 2461-5024-1131-0025?
Just checked and mine says its on the latest. 15712589393565848643684310570076.jpg

I recentky purchased X4500 and I'm having visual dropouts at random with Virgin V6 box. TV is LG OLED.

The screen does black for a second then the picture comes back. Audio survives fine.

Sure it'll be to do with HDCP2.2

Anyone seen this issue?
Set Virgin V6 box to 1080p max and no video dropouts since.

I am looking to get a new avr for my living room setup which is currently powered by my long serving Onkyo 818 which has given almost fault free service for about 6yrs of daily use. It did have to have the hdmi board replaced under warranty after a year but other than that fault free.

I am looking at either the X4500 or maybe the X3600 and am hoping there will be some deals available next month in the black Friday/cyber Monday events and price will have some bearing on my final choice if one is a good deal lower than the other.

I have read as much as I can on both these machines and the 4500 seems to be slightly the preferred option as it has a 2 line display rather than 1 line, slightly more power and Auro 3D. It does miss out on a couple of features that are present in the X3600 but these are not necessarily essential as I shall be running as a 7.2.2 with some front atmos speakers so the Dolby height virtualisation would probably not be used.

My question to 4500 owners is are you still happy with your purchase and has it on the whole been a good reliable machine. I see a few on here have had some minor issues but they seem to have been sorted hopefully.

Cheers

Keith

My question to 4500 owners is are you still happy with your purchase and has it on the whole been a good reliable machine. I see a few on here have had some minor issues but they seem to have been sorted hopefully.

Cheers

Keith
I've had my 4500 for a few months main issue has been due to firmware update, whether its my network or as I have seen else where due to the fact it seems to prefer updates over wifi it generally goes fine at the second attempt.
The other problem came from a new hybrid hdmi cable which doesn't like my dual display (PJ and TV) but that has been resolved and by changing from auto hdmi switching to manually selecting output 1 or 2 which is made easier by using the quick select buttons.
One thing I will add is mine is a refurbished unit that I got at a good price but only has a year's warranty.

Thank you razy for the info:smashin:, mine would be updated over wi-fi as the router is an another room and also only using single display as my pj is in another room.

Subject to price I will be getting a new unit as any refurb models are only 12 month warranties and much prefer the comfort of 3-6 yr warranties as avr's in general seem to suffer from more issues than other items such as speakers etc.

Cheers

Keith

I'm really enjoying it (V6 HDMI niggle excepted), lots of power, lots of features, I have 5.4 setup just now and just waiting on my BK P12-300SB-PR sub arriving to finish it off.

Thanks Jim:smashin: enjoy your BK sub when it comes, they do make decent subs.

Another thumbs up here, fantastic piece of kit, well made, great sound and most importantly for me, sufficiently better in all departments to have justified the change from my previous Yammy 2050.

Looking to get one of these soon, with Earc do you have to have cec on to receive it from a LG c9.
Thanks

I am looking to get a new avr for my living room setup which is currently powered by my long serving Onkyo 818 which has given almost fault free service for about 6yrs of daily use. It did have to have the hdmi board replaced under warranty after a year but other than that fault free.

I am looking at either the X4500 or maybe the X3600 and am hoping there will be some deals available next month in the black Friday/cyber Monday events and price will have some bearing on my final choice if one is a good deal lower than the other.

I have read as much as I can on both these machines and the 4500 seems to be slightly the preferred option as it has a 2 line display rather than 1 line, slightly more power and Auro 3D. It does miss out on a couple of features that are present in the X3600 but these are not necessarily essential as I shall be running as a 7.2.2 with some front atmos speakers so the Dolby height virtualisation would probably not be used.

Cheers

Keith

The 4500 is a level above the 3600, it's just Denon decided they didn't need to replace it with a 4600 this year, firmware updates have added all the features they felt it needed. The 3600s price is artificially high as it's a new release and will drop considerably in a few months.

Thanks I realise that the 3600 is slightly a level below the 4500 even though the 3600 is now equally a 9 channel amp rather than a 7 channel as the previous 3500. The 3600 has already had a price cut in the states of $200 and it should filter over here shortly I hope in time for black Friday.

If when I buy the 3600 is around £750-800 and the 4500 remains at the current £999 I might be tempted to the 3600 but at currently both at £999 the 4500 is the better buy.

I won't be buying just yet as most av stuff tends to drop in price sometime in Nov/early Dec especially the new models that were released in the middle of the year.

Even better if you can wait a little longer than that, my 3500 started at much the same price and I got mine in May for £439 from PT :)

Keep an eye on PT's ebay listings when ebay are having one of their blanket discount offers. I'm fairly sure they put the 4500 on at one point and they usually list at the current store price as ebay are paying for the saving. I'm sure they'll be something for BF.

How does this amp compare to the Anthem 720? I’m really wanting something that has more features than my anthem has but don’t really want to sacrifice sound quality.

Thanks I realise that the 3600 is slightly a level below the 4500 even though the 3600 is now equally a 9 channel amp rather than a 7 channel as the previous 3500. The 3600 has already had a price cut in the states of $200 and it should filter over here shortly I hope in time for black Friday.

If when I buy the 3600 is around £750-800 and the 4500 remains at the current £999 I might be tempted to the 3600 but at currently both at £999 the 4500 is the better buy.

I won't be buying just yet as most av stuff tends to drop in price sometime in Nov/early Dec especially the new models that were released in the middle of the year.

the 4500 is fantastic! I have mine for sale here. Only reason being a arc or Dirac itch. I’ve had zero issues and it’s amazing.

How does this amp compare to the Anthem 720? I’m really wanting something that has more features than my anthem has but don’t really want to sacrifice sound quality.
Where abouts are you? You are welcome to come and listen, I think it sounds Fantastic for movies. Which features are you missing on anthem? Funny I was thinking of maybe trying ARC and see how it stacks up... but curious to know what features you think the anthem lacks?

Cheers

Keith
Hi,
I am using my 4500 for app 5 months. Till now no issue faced except excessive heat generation, particularly while running all channels. Please make sure to have sufficient space/ventilation on top/sides of the amp. Best to use an Aircom cooling fan. I am using the T10 front exhaust. Super efficient to keep the temperature in control.
The sound steering and timing of the 4500 is spectacular.

I am also using a marantz 7013 in another room. It's just a month old. Side by side 7013 wins hands down. It's difficult to explain in words, but the sound quality is just top notch. If you get a good deal on the 7013, go for it. If budget doesn't permit go for the 4500.

Which speakers are you planning to use?

Cheers,
Partha

Thank you Partha for your comments:smashin: and heads up on the cooling as others have also pointed out, which I shall be implementing as the avr is used in my lounge setup which is on almost constantly from after breakfast till 10pm at night. It is not my main setup and will only be used at moderate volume of up to around -20db and occasionally -15db region.

I have a Marantz 7010 7.2.4 in my cinema room with PA and mainly XTZ cinema series which I use for more serious listening on a PJ based system when I can go up to much louder volumes of -10db to near ref when necessary.

The speakers I will be using with the 4500 will for the time being mainly be a bit of a mixture of Atlantic technology LCR & surrounds with some MK K4 to use as the front height speakers although perhaps over the next few months I may change that around a bit.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom