Denon AVR-X4500H Owners Thread

Sooo... reading the manual does help!
Looks like Denons also support the addition of custom remote codes, those TV control buttons aren't there for no reason :)
In case anyone will find this useful:
Works a treat for Panasonic TV, need to check out the Blu-ray codes...

Hello Y'all, New member as well as new owner of the X4500. Been out of the loop for 3 or 4 years and easing back in to this addiction... I plan on a 5.1 configuration, music is a serious focus and I am old school somewhat. I have a Parasound HCA-1205a, 5 channel amp that I was thinking about connecting to the X4500h. As I mentioned, I am old school and have KEF 107's and a KEF 202c for my LCR. Any thoughts on this arrangement and is there anything in particular that I need to do to get the biggest bang for my buck?
I have a lot of catching up to do and with that comes a lot of reading, just looking at any suggestions that anyone wants to throw my way.
Thanks,
Scott

Last edited:
The Eagle has landed, i may open the box tomorrow.:D
Hi
Have you opened the box yet? Would you mind if I ask where you oredered? How many years warranty they gave?
RicherSound only give 1 year warranty for Denon X4500? is it true?

Thanks

Hi
Have you opened the box yet? Would you mind if I ask where you oredered? How many years warranty they gave?
RicherSound only give 1 year warranty for Denon X4500? is it true?

Thanks
As far as I'm aware Denon offer a three year warranty. For a premium, think it's 10% of the sale price, then Richer Sounds offer a six year extended warranty.

has anyone ever experienced or know of an issue where “No network connection“ message constantly scrolls across the avr screen?

When I'm in Heos or internet radio mode this message is constantly there. It’s connected to the wifi and all working fine apart from the annoying message.

Yes i have opened the box and connected the avr up but not done a calibration yet.
I got mine from the Movie rooms in Edinburgh. Comes with a 5yr warranty.

Great avr but still got to do some settings to get the best functionality with the rest of my kit.😀
Keith

Last edited:
How many speakers do you have connected, if only 5.1 you can't get an atmos soundtrack to play, it will only replay as a 5.1 track. Atmos will only light up and play with at least 5.1.
I al stil using a 7.1 setup and it displays Atmos on the display and app when I play Atmos conten with my Apple TV or Blu-Ray player.

:smoke:I must edit that last post, it should have said.

Atmos will only light up and play an Atmos or DTS X soundtrack with at least a 5.1.2 speaker setup as I understand it.

I al stil using a 7.1 setup and it displays Atmos on the display and app when I play Atmos conten with my Apple TV or Blu-Ray player.
Then you must have your rear surrounds configured incorrectly. Atmos will only be displayed if those speakers have been configured as such. Post a screen shot of your set up from the test tone on screen animation.

Then you must have your rear surrounds configured incorrectly. Atmos will only be displayed if those speakers have been configured as such. Post a screen shot of your set up from the test tone on screen animation.
I found this a bit strange to. But as Atmos is object based, it may also be possible.
Is the picture hereby attached ok?

Attachments

• C6482399-388B-4022-98C1-39E5FFF99E8B.jpeg
    C6482399-388B-4022-98C1-39E5FFF99E8B.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 102

Where are you seeing Atmos? Is it at 10 or 12? If it's 10 then that's the information on the input source, which as you say is Atmos. If it's 12 it would be the 'H' in the top left to indicate your Atmos/height speakers are being used for output:

--Liam.

Where are you seeing Atmos? Is it at 10 or 12? If it's 10 then that's the information on the input source, which as you say is Atmos. If it's 12 it would be the 'H' in the top left to indicate your Atmos/height speakers are being used for output:

--Liam.

On the first line of display 10 it says “Apple TV”, the source and the second line says “DSur” before the movie starts, and changes to “Atmos” if this is present in the movie.

I'm no expert but I think its' just the amp identifying what the input signal is. It *can* process Atmos and it does know what it is but your amp is not using it. Maybe it's doing something internally to downmix to 7.1 but I'm only guessing here.

I think if the little grid of speakers at position 12 just shows the 7 channels then your configuration is good - it looks it from the picture. On my speaker setup image it shows the ceiling speakers which yours doesn't and at 12 it lights up the 'H' symbol for heights.

--Liam.

Is this my best bang for buck for £950 going to order one from Peter tyson today I think but looking for opinions before I hit the button?? 🤔

Is this my best bang for buck for £950 going to order one from Peter tyson today I think but looking for opinions before I hit the button?? 🤔
Excellent receiver for film and TV and a good price so it seems. Of the receivers in that price range then Audyssey XT32 is probably the best room correction available. The only other receivers I would personally suggest is one of the sister Marantz models if music is important as that is the Denon's weak point.

I might keep my yamaha as-1100 and use the pre outs for music and give me more power. I currently pair it with an onkyo 818 which sounds superb but want move to atmos etc?

This is the best bang for buck IMV the more I hear mine the more I like it, much better than an Onkyo, the new XT32 is far better than what was on the Onkyo 818 and that was good.

I paid nearly a grand for my 818 when new 7 years ago this avr is in another class at the same sort of price.

This is the best bang for buck IMV the more I hear mine the more I like it, much better than an Onkyo, the new XT32 is far better than what was on the Onkyo 818 and that was good.

I paid nearly a grand for my 818 when new 7 years ago this avr is in another class at the same sort of price.
Will I be able to do away with my sonos Zp90 and dac. I am hoping to use the denon heos app instead of both and maybe keep my yamaha as-1100 to work in Conjunction with it. I am really trying to simplify my system and benefit from 4k and the new sound formats.

Out of interest is a yamaha 3070 worth the extra £250?
THe Yamaha 3070 only delivers 9.2, the x4500 can be extended to 11.2 with an extra amplifier. And with your AS1100 for the fronts as ht-bypass amplifier, your stereo sound quality will be preserved.

THe Yamaha 3070 only delivers 9.2, the x4500 can be extended to 11.2 with an extra amplifier. And with your AS1100 for the fronts as ht-bypass amplifier, your stereo sound quality will be preserved.

The Yamaha RXA3070 also includes 11 channel processing. Just like the X4500, the A3070 can facilitate you with a 7.1.4 setup if you add an additional 2 channels of external amplification.

Will I be able to do away with my sonos Zp90 and dac. I am hoping to use the denon heos app instead of both and maybe keep my yamaha as-1100 to work in Conjunction with it. I am really trying to simplify my system and benefit from 4k and the new sound formats.
I also use a sonos connect. You will get the best sound in stereo if you connect it over a good dac to the AS1100. Better then the built in HEOS via the X4500.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom