Denon AVR-X4500H Purchase

burnssimon

Established Member
Reaction score
Am going to buy one today, going rate seems to be £850. Hoping to haggle it down, however was wondering if anyone knew of any deals not showing up on Google?

Am going to buy one today, going rate seems to be £850. Hoping to haggle it down, however was wondering if anyone knew of any deals not showing up on Google?
Someone posted last week that Peter Tyson were offering a good upgrade deal to the 4500 if you phoned them about the 3600 , which was out of stock. Could always phone Richer Sounds and see what deal they could cut. I'd try for £749 as an offer

With the 4700 now out you should be aiming for £700 IMO. Worth phoning around and asking for a deal.

Thanks for the tip however they didn't have either model in stock.

Rang round a number of Richer Sounds and they had two left in the South East and weren't budging on price.

Doesn't seem to be many new floating around and the guy I spoke to at one stage claimed they're in demand enough to sell at the £850.

I may hold out for a month and see if the 4700 comes down close to a grand.

There’s a 4400 in classifieds for £400 that seems a good buy. Run it for a year and don’t think you’d lose much if anything. Pick up a 4500 or 4700 then

I'm in a similar position to the OP, but hoping to get the 6500. Do those with experience of buying old model Denons think it will go below £1399? (apart from open box models being a tiny bit lower)?

I was thinking about exchanging my Yamaha 3050 for the 4500 with a deal so £450 balance but have been told it’s a downward step and as it’s only for adding DV and a bit of upgrading thinking

I'm in a similar position to the OP, but hoping to get the 6500. Do those with experience of buying old model Denons think it will go below £1399? (apart from open box models being a tiny bit lower)?
I doubt it as the new 6700 is hitting the dealers. Even at £1399 it exceptional value. I paid that almost three months ago for the 6500.

I doubt it as the new 6700 is hitting the dealers. Even at £1399 it exceptional value. I paid that almost three months ago for the 6500.
Thank you. Isn't it odd that the price hasn't come down in 3 months, despite the new models becoming available?

Thank you. Isn't it odd that the price hasn't come down in 3 months, despite the new models becoming available?

It has a lot to do with corona virus. The fact of the matter is that old models have been in short supply and retailers simply haven't needed to drop prices in order to clear their shelves. Prices have even increased in some instances. Most retailers have already run out of stocks of the older models that the new models are replacing.

Retailers only decrease the selling price in order to clear stocks. If they've no need to clear such stocks then why would they drop their prices?

There's also going to be a shortage of new models because the manufacturing facilities are still not as yet running at full capacity and sipply chains are still not as they were prior to the pandemic.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip however they didn't have either model in stock.

Rang round a number of Richer Sounds and they had two left in the South East and weren't budging on price.

Doesn't seem to be many new floating around and the guy I spoke to at one stage claimed they're in demand enough to sell at the £850.

I may hold out for a month and see if the 4700 comes down close to a grand.
I too was holding out for price reductions with Peter Tyson and wanted the silver in the 4500 but waited far too long and then silver went out of stock which I was gutted about so I then went over to Hi Fi Confidential in the South East and got a silver 4500 for £850 with 2 years warranty...happy as hats now :thumbsup:

It's difficult to balance the "I need it now" with the "I want it cheaper"!

Watched a film last night with my current AV (TAG AVR32), it was perfectly fine. Think I'll wait until the next wave of upgrade-itus bites. Then do something silly like buy the AV8805!

I am in the same situation. dont really need to upgrade as my Yamahas DSP A1 is still going strong. It would be nice to have some of the new features such as Dolby Atmos but i dont really "need" it.

Also worried the denon wont sound as good with music and also thinking its better to not spend this kind of money right now.

I might wait and see.

I picked one up from Peter Tyson last week for £699. I had emailed enquiring about px my X2200 for the X2700 and was offered the X4500h for £699 with standard 2 year warranty, with any px value coming off that as well if I chose to px (which I did for £180). I asked about extending the warranty and they offered to bump it 5 years for £749. Seems I was lucky my email got answered by the guy it did, think he's one of the owners.

I also called my local Richersounds about it and they said they'd price match at £699 so could try that too. Went with Peter Tyson in the end though for the hassle free part ex.

Argh wish you had posted a day earlier just bought mine yesterday and was told £849 was the best they could do

If that was me it would be going back and I’d be pushing to get the same deal. £150 is a fair difference

Not the fact of the price difference in a week it’s that I asked for the best deal and was told that it was the one on the website, so put in a request for an exchange with my rxa3050

Oh well looks like my last Peter Tyson purchase, got a reply to my query and in short it was tough that’s the price it is and you got a good deal as they will be sold out at the weekend

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom