Quantcast

Answered Denon AVR-X4500H with power amp to get 7.1.4 Atmos

Terrytibbs

Standard Member
Hi all, I'm just in the middle of refurbishing the family room and not sure to go for Atmos 5.1.4 or 7.1.4. Does anyone know if the Denon AVR-X4500H together with a stereo power amplifier for front left/right channels achieve 7.1.4?

I know it can achieve 7.1.4 with a 2 channel power amplifier for 2 of the ceiling speakers and the 4 height speaker outputs are labelled as assignable but if I use the pre-outs for front L/R can the Denon amps be assigned to power all for 4 ceiling speakers as well as the centre, surround L/R and surround back L/R?

I have an Audiolab 8300a that can function as a power amp for front L/R. I have 4 ceiling speakers already installed and I'm looking at Q Acoustics 3050i Cinema pack plus an extra pair of 3010i.

Not bought the Denon AVR-X4500H but its the top of my list.

Many thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member

Hi all, I'm just in the middle of refurbishing the family room and not sure to go for Atmos 5.1.4 or 7.1.4. Does anyone know if the Denon AVR-X4500H together with a stereo power amplifier for front left/right channels achieve 7.1.4?

I know it can achieve 7.1.4 with a 2 channel power amplifier for 2 of the ceiling speakers and the 4 height speaker outputs are labelled as assignable but if I use the pre-outs for front L/R can the Denon amps be assigned to power all for 4 ceiling speakers as well as the centre, surround L/R and surround back L/R?

I have an Audiolab 8300a that can function as a power amp for front L/R. I have 4 ceiling speakers already installed and I'm looking at Q Acoustics 3050i Cinema pack plus an extra pair of 3010i.

Not bought the Denon AVR-X4500H but its the top of my list.

Many thanks in advance.
short answer is Yes...

It can process up to 11 channels and power 9 with a 2ch amp it will be able to power and process all 11ch's plus process 2 ( independent ) sub pre out's, how you choose to assign those channels is up to you.

Online Manual: DENON UK

Last edited by a moderator:

Terrytibbs

Standard Member
Thanks AudioWave, that is the answer I was hoping for - being able to assign all the amps and speaker outputs as I wish.

pps73

Standard Member
Hi,
While adding a 3 channel power amp with the Denon 4500, how do I make the 4500 understand/configure to not use the inbuilt LCR amps and use the preouts instead ?
Thanks much,
Partha

Symphy944

Hi,
While adding a 3 channel power amp with the Denon 4500, how do I make the 4500 understand/configure to not use the inbuilt LCR amps and use the preouts instead ?
Thanks much,
Partha
The 4500 always sends the signals continuously to both speaker outputs as preouts. But you have to repeat the Audessey calibration after you switch from one to the other.

Top Bottom