Denon HEOS AVR AV Receiver Review & Comments

When I preview'd this model almost 18 to 20 months ago, I asked why they hadn't named it "DHT" after the older (Denon Home Theater) range. I did add that they needed to replace the "Home" for "HEOS" (Denon HEOS Theater) though, I think this would have been a great way to revive a Deno range, that was so popular in its day :D

For me, this is who this product is for, it's stylish, has the ability to surprise and kinda does what it says on the tin.

Regards, Shane.

Did you mention that it is overpriced?

When you're talking about lifestyle, price comes second to looks. :D:laugh::)

It still prevents customers buying it and looking at cheaper options. There are plenty of cheaper options available, many of which look a lot better value for money than the HEOS AVR.

Are there any other options if you need wireless rear speakers for a home theater setup?
Being only 5.1 and lacking room EQ (Audyssey for example) the HEOS AVR doesn't really appeal to me.
Was hoping to upgrade to Dolby Atmos when I got a new home theater but since my new apartment doesn't allow for routing cables from the front to the rear of the room the HEOS AVT is the only solution I've found.

Are there any other options if you need wireless rear speakers for a home theater setup?
Being only 5.1 and lacking room EQ (Audyssey for example) the HEOS AVR doesn't really appeal to me.
Was hoping to upgrade to Dolby Atmos when I got a new home theater but since my new apartment doesn't allow for routing cables from the front to the rear of the room the HEOS AVT is the only solution I've found.
The only other way with a mainstream AVR might be to use pre-outs for the surround channels, plug them into something like a wireless transmitter/receiver kit, and then use either active rear speakers or power the speakers from an amp positioned at the rear of the room. Its a bit of a work around solution, and requires a wireless kit and additional amp, but its not impossible. There would also be the question of signal delay, and to date Im not aware of anyone trying this, but its not impossible.

A pair of Dynaudio Xeo 2s with the wireless Hub would do the job (latency is quoted as 20ms) but you are looking at a minimum of £1200 for that, so not exactly a cheap option!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom