Answered Denon Reciever / Crate PX700

323technologies

Novice Member
Reaction score
I am looking to hook up a Denon Receiver (haven't picked the specific model yet, do to question) to an old Crate PX700 Pro mixer, that has (2) Optimus 40-0120 passive speakers attached which I want to use as the primary sound for all inputs attached to the Denon. Does anyone know if and how this would be possible?

Last edited:
You could use the RCA pre outs on the Denon to feed the inputs into the powered mixer. Not all Denon AVRs have pre outs. So, it will depend on the model.

Thank you Rambles, I saw this set up online, but wasn't exactly sure how to connect them. So since they would be the only speakers to the system. It doesn't matter which pre outs I would use correct?

Thank you Rambles, I saw this set up online, but wasn't exactly sure how to connect them. So since they would be the only speakers to the system. It doesn't matter which pre outs I would use correct?
Ah, okay, in that case, if you only have a stereo pair of speakers to attach, that does give you more options on using pre-outs for a second zone for example, if there are no main zone pre-outs.

No, don't use the subwoofer pre-outs, only the bass frequencies will come out of those. The zone 2 pre-outs should work fine, they will be full frequency audio.

Have you seen the little slimline Marantz models? They have all the features that I think you are probably looking for, plus HDAM circuitry, so sound a bit better than the Denon's in my opinion, and have pre-outs for front left and right speakers in the main zone. If you get an older model there are sometimes some good bargains to be had.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom