Denon x2600h owners thread

Thanks. Two quick questions:

1. Can the certified cable just be 2.0b?
2. If I turn off TV AUDIO SWITCHING presumably ever time I use apps on the TV I'll need to tell the amp to switch to the TV as a source? If that's necessary to resolve the occasional black screen issues that's fine, just checking.

I would prefer manually selecting the input to the receiver - I'm not near mine at the moment, but how do you turn off the TV audio switching so that you manually select tv / blu ray / game etc rather than the receiver doing it for you?

I would prefer manually selecting the input to the receiver - I'm not near mine at the moment, but how do you turn off the TV audio switching so that you manually select tv / blu ray / game etc rather than the receiver doing it for you?

I think it was under the HDMI settings.

If you go into the HDMI configurations, you'll see a setting entitled TV AUDIO SWITCHING. Set this to OFF and this will prevent the TV using HDMI CEC to automatically switch the AV receiver to its TV /ARC source.

You'd then use the TV button on the AV receiver's remote to manually switch the receiver to the ARC associated source if and when needed.

Note that the HDMI CONTROL setting needs to be set to ON if wishing to use the TV AUDIO SWITCHING setting.

Other sources such as Blu-rays etc. connected to the AV receiver's HDMI inputs can simply be manually selected by pressing the associated source button associated with the input they are connected to. If they are causing the receiver to automatically switch to their associated HFMI input then turn HDMI CEC/Control off on those devices.

Last edited:
My black out issue has seemed to be fixed. Watched a 2 hour film on blu ray last night and had no issues at all.

What I'd changed was the HDMI cable to a premium certified one I found on Amazon. (Wasn't expensive, £8, and the premium certification app identified it as such.) I also changed a few settings. I stopped my Blu-ray player upscaling to 4K and just set it to output at 1080p and 24fps. Then on the x2600h in the video output settings for the blu-ray player I told it to completely bypass any video processing, rather than the default option, auto. All I lost with that was no video overlay of volume change or sound mode but with the apps on my TV I'm used to not having them.

So I don't know which change actually resolved the issue but the combination of them did.

Hi all, I've got a couple of questions about this model receiver if anyone can provide any advice it would be greatly appreciated 🙏

I have the Denon 2600 connected to the monitor mass 5.1 package (the smaller blue ones not the older model). In the specifications is lists the satellite speakers frequency as 105 Hz to 34 kHz, so I'd assume 120 Hz to be a good crossover point? However when running the audyssey wizard the crossover results seem unexpected. The surrounds suggest 80 Hz, surely it's not right to be set that much under spec? The fronts are more expected values (I can't recall the exact reading) but it also reckons I have a phase error on the center and front right (though I'm certain that I have wired correctly, rewired twice to be sure).

Another point of confusion is that the monitor manual seems to suggest a crossover of 150 Hz. Isn't that a bit high if they an go down to 105? And if I set crossover to 150, but leave LFE at 120, do I lose the 30 Hz in between?

Sorry for the longish post!

My black out issue has seemed to be fixed. Watched a 2 hour film on blu ray last night and had no issues at all.

What I'd changed was the HDMI cable to a premium certified one I found on Amazon. (Wasn't expensive, £8, and the premium certification app identified it as such.) I also changed a few settings. I stopped my Blu-ray player upscaling to 4K and just set it to output at 1080p and 24fps. Then on the x2600h in the video output settings for the blu-ray player I told it to completely bypass any video processing, rather than the default option, auto. All I lost with that was no video overlay of volume change or sound mode but with the apps on my TV I'm used to not having them.

So I don't know which change actually resolved the issue but the combination of them did.
Good :) I just turned off the HDMI auto switching and just select the input manually (which i prefer to do anyway) and it seems (Touch wood) to be fine now. I just have the most recent spec Amazon basics HDMI cables and they are good!
Amazon product ASIN B014I8T4MO

Hi eveyone,

Is the Denon 2600h a good match with the Jamo S809 HCS? In general and especially wattage wise? Or should i wait until the 2700h is out as it has an output of 150 watts vs 95 for the 2600h.

Hi eveyone,

Is the Denon 2600h a good match with the Jamo S809 HCS? In general and especially wattage wise? Or should i wait until the 2700h is out as it has an output of 150 watts vs 95 for the 2600h.
The 2700 has the same figures for two channels driven at 8 ohms of 95 watts. The 150 watts is for 6 ohm at 1kHz, again the same figures as the 2600. You can check these figures for yourself by looking on the Denon website and comparing specifications. The only amp in the Denon range to get 150 watts into 8 ohms with two channels driven is the range topping 8500.

Your speakers are 8 ohm with a sensitivity of 89dB so not a heavy load on any amp and the 2600 would be able to driven them fine. Like a lot of speakers in full 5.1.2 and you play at high levels they may run out of puff a little with a highly active audio scene.

The 2700 has the same figures for two channels driven at 8 ohms of 95 watts. The 150 watts is for 6 ohm at 1kHz, again the same figures as the 2600. You can check these figures for yourself by looking on the Denon website and comparing specifications. The only amp in the Denon range to get 150 watts into 8 ohms with two channels driven is the range topping 8500.

Your speakers are 8 ohm with a sensitivity of 89dB so not a heavy load on any amp and the 2600 would be able to driven them fine. Like a lot of speakers in full 5.1.2 and you play at high levels they may run out of puff a little with a highly active audio scene.
Thanks gibbsy.

My neighbours will prevent me from setting it too high, so that shouldn't be too much of an issue!
So the 2600H should be sufficient for my 5.1.2.

On more question if i may, lol sorry not very tech savvy, the highest i can get out of this receiver is 4k 60FPS right? As it's listed, not on the Denon website, as HDMI 2.0b. Or can it actually handle 4K 120FPS? In case it's 4K 60FPS, does that automatically mean that something like 1440P is possible at 120FPS?

I'm gaming with a PC on a Q90R TV from Samsung, so i'm trying to get the most out of it!

Thanks gibbsy.

My neighbours will prevent me from setting it too high, so that shouldn't be too much of an issue!
So the 2600H should be sufficient for my 5.1.2.

On more question if i may, lol sorry not very tech savvy, the highest i can get out of this receiver is 4k 60FPS right? As it's listed, not on the Denon website, as HDMI 2.0b. Or can it actually handle 4K 120FPS? In case it's 4K 60FPS, does that automatically mean that something like 1440P is possible at 120FPS?

I'm gaming with a PC on a Q90R TV from Samsung, so i'm trying to get the most out of it!
I'm not a gamer, nor ever likely to be but there are improvements over the 2600 for the new generation of Denon receivers. If that is important to you then yes the 2700 is going to be better for you than the current 2600. Audio quality is more than likely going to be exactly the same.

The new generation of Denon amps has been discussed here.

Hi,

I have a Samsung Q70 tv that was set up lovely so i could watch tv and hear sound from the tv apps (Apple tv, Netflix, Amazon etc) through the Denon - I had to disconnect the receiver to get a cupboard built, but after putting it all back together there is no sound via HDMI or even via optical from the tv?

I cant for the life of me see anything in the settings that would cause this change, but i did have a weird episode with the zone 1 / zone 2 after inadvertently pressing something on the front where if i powered off the main zone, zone 2 would come on and vica verse.

Am i being a complete plank or is it something really simple that I need to do?

Can anyone help?

I'm looking to (finally) replace my trusty old Harmon Kardon 3550 with a Denon 2600H as the next part of a rolling program of upgrades (so far SkyQ and 4K TV).

I have three input sources (Sky Q, Blu-Ray, PS3) and two outputs (TV and PJ) and control it all through two switchers; a 4x2 maxtrix for HDMI video and a 3x1 optical switcher for audio, which itself plugs into the HK3550. All works perfectly and is controlled by Logitech Harmony remote. The separation of video and audio was necessary because the HK3550 doesn't support HDMI (I don't think it had been invented when I bought it!) but I'm wondering if with the Denon I could pass the video through the Denon and be able to remove the digial audio stuff completely. Which brings me to my questions:

- Am I correct in assuming that the Denon HDMI in/out would not act as a matrix switcher in that conflicts could exist between the two ouput sources (especially while the TV is 4K and the PJ is only HD), in which case I would still need to retain the existing HDMI matrix switcher?
- Assuming that is the case would it work if I put all three input sources through the Denon for the audio, passed the video out through one of the Denon's HDMI outputs and then into the HDMI switcher where it's then routed to the TV or PJ?

If that won't work then I'd have to retain the optical digital audio, although that would of course limit my audio options with Atmos, etc. not being supported.

Had this reciever now for a few days & it clicks when you increase the volume over 50. Is this normal? It didn't do that on my old 2200w.

Had this reciever now for a few days & it clicks when you increase the volume over 50. Is this normal? It didn't do that on my old 2200w.

The click is associated with the receiver's Eco Mode:

When the unit is switching between the different power saving states in “ECO Mode: Auto”, you may notice a click noise from the inside of this unit, this is normal.

The receiver is switching the mode automatically as more power is being consumed relative to the increased volume level. The receiver is configured to the AUTO option by default relative to the ECO MODE setting.

Thanks. It shows I didnt bother to read the manual.

Hello, I got x2600h today and i’m wondering should i set impedance to 6 or 8 ohms because i have 4 speakers at 6 ohms and 3 speakers at 8 ohms? Also i have noticed that it gets quite hot during use, could this be problematic?

Hello, I got x2600h today and i’m wondering should i set impedance to 6 or 8 ohms because i have 4 speakers at 6 ohms and 3 speakers at 8 ohms? Also i have noticed that it gets quite hot during use, could this be problematic?

Always leave it set to its default 8ohm setting. Setting it to 6ohm will not optimise the receiver for use with lower impedance loads and simply reduces the rail voltage. This effectively starves speakers of power. You don't need the switching and the inbuilt protection circuitry will prevent you from damaging the receiver.

You may find this article of interest:

Hi,

Has anyone had any issues with zone 2 coming on when the AV receiver turns off?
I have nothing active on zone 2 and never use it but this has been happened all the time all of a sudden

From limited Google searching I found a method to disable zone 2 by pressing zone 2 and set up together on the remote but that has not worked for me although it does blink twice on the remote

I have a Shield Pro and Xbox one s hooked up only and this happens when using both on power down

Hi,

Has anyone had any issues with zone 2 coming on when the AV receiver turns off?
I have nothing active on zone 2 and never use it but this has been happened all the time all of a sudden

From limited Google searching I found a method to disable zone 2 by pressing zone 2 and set up together on the remote but that has not worked for me although it does blink twice on the remote

I have a Shield Pro and Xbox one s hooked up only and this happens when using both on power down
Do you have CEC enabled on either the Shield or XBox? Having that enabled on any bits of kit including the 2600 can cause some wierd problems.

Hi,

I have a Samsung Q70 tv that was set up lovely so i could watch tv and hear sound from the tv apps (Apple tv, Netflix, Amazon etc) through the Denon - I had to disconnect the receiver to get a cupboard built, but after putting it all back together there is no sound via HDMI or even via optical from the tv?

I cant for the life of me see anything in the settings that would cause this change, but i did have a weird episode with the zone 1 / zone 2 after inadvertently pressing something on the front where if i powered off the main zone, zone 2 would come on and vica verse.

Am i being a complete plank or is it something really simple that I need to do?

Can anyone help?

I had the same issue as Hallmufc, but after it happened, now I have no sound at all from the TV via ARC? Any ideas gibbsy? - I do have an Xbox One s attached to it as well?

Than you Dante for your answer. I have 7.0 setup with 2 height speakers and without sub, right now with Audyssey calibration front speakers and center are set to large , while height and surround speakers are set to small, is this correct setting with setup without subwoofer? And right now Audyssey settings are following :
-MultEQ : Reference
-Dynamic EQ : On
-Dynamic Volume : On
What is general opinion on those settings for movies, to get the best sound possible, because without Dynamic Volume I have to listen at -20db and I dont know if it is pushing avr too hard?

Than you Dante for your answer. I have 7.0 setup with 2 height speakers and without sub, right now with Audyssey calibration front speakers and center are set to large , while height and surround speakers are set to small, is this correct setting with setup without subwoofer? And right now Audyssey settings are following :
-MultEQ : Reference
-Dynamic EQ : On
-Dynamic Volume : On
What is general opinion on those settings for movies, to get the best sound possible, because without Dynamic Volume I have to listen at -20db and I dont know if it is pushing avr too hard?

In a setup devoid of a sub then you'd not be given any option to set the front left and right speakers as being anything but LARGE. The front left and right speakers basically take on the duties that would otherwise be coverd by an external active subwoofer. The crossovers associated with the other speakers designated SMALL will be redirecting frequencies at and below those crossover settings to the front left and right speakers rather than outputting the frequencies to an external sub. THe front left and right speakers will also be portraying the LFE channel if and when present, something else that would otherwise be dealt with by a sub if present.

The recerver's front left and right am[lification will be under a lot of strain and I'd seriously suggest you add an active sub at some point.

It would generally be advised to have a home theatre setup inclusive of a sub and to always set all speakers as being SMALL in such a setup. AS explained, you've no option other than to set the front left and right speakers as being LARGE because you've not a sub within your setup.

The Dynamic EQ setting is the point of contention. Many would suggest leaving this off because of the way in which it over emphasises bass effects. This is more often than not detrimental to the higher frequencity elements of a soundtrack which can become less clear diring action scenes.

Sorry don't know how to post a new thread into this forum. I have sound mode issues when watching with virgin v6 box on HD channels it likes to default to DD but when you record and fast forward the sound muted through the amp. You have to reselect movie sound button on remote and then choose DD Surround for it not to go off again. If it's not in 5.1 the rear speakers sound robotic ie the dialogue as most people set everything to DD Surround.

Hi all new to this site, I’ve had this amp for just over a week, I HAVE 5.1 set up, I did the Audesy set up,And I play all through the HDMI Arc outlet, and when I play the sound on the Tv only setting and try playing it through Dolby, the sound becomes distorted and speech leaks through to the rear speakers, so I change to Virtual DTS Neutral and have a similar problem sound is okay but still get Speech leakage in the rear speakers, any ideas please? Thanks all.

Hello, I have an issue when im passing 7.1 lpcm audio from ps4 to this receiver, input in receiver is indeed 7.1 but output is only 5.1 when i select multi ch in mode. Maybe the problem is because i have fhl and fhr speakers but input does not have them labeled, instead sbr and sbl speakers are in input but i dont have those speakers in my config. Is there anything i can do to get 7.1 lpcm? I included pictures of input and output so you can see what im talking about. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1834491E-E046-4D75-9E92-813B2DC5EFF4.jpeg
    1834491E-E046-4D75-9E92-813B2DC5EFF4.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 4136DA37-84A8-4886-9E30-7936AC901D79.jpeg
    4136DA37-84A8-4886-9E30-7936AC901D79.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 59

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom