Answered Denon X3300W HDMI Video Problems

thedotlal

Established Member
Reaction score
The receiver has worked perfectly fine for the past few years I've had it but today I'm having some really confusing problems with it.

I'm able to get sound for all connected devices but no picture.

Setup is as follows PS4/Nvidia Shield etc --> Denon X3300W --> TV

If I take the receiver out of the equation all devices function perfectly fine.

The link between the receiver and the tv is fine as I can still view the menus on empty inputs.

Here is where it gets confusing, adding the receiver back into the loop, if I put the ps4 into safe mode it can get a picture but changing the resolution to anything, be that 720/1080/4k, gives me sound but no picture, simply a black screen.

I left the receiver for a an hour or so and came back to the ps4 displaying a picture but it flickers on and off every few seconds however sound remains constant. None of the other devices show a picture though.

I've done the standard replacing HDMI cables, using different ports, trying different tvs and another receiver. All other devices operate completely fine which leaves the problem with the denon. Has it simply had its days and needs replacing?

The receiver has worked perfectly fine for the past few years I've had it but today I'm having some really confusing problems with it.

I'm able to get sound for all connected devices but no picture.

Setup is as follows PS4/Nvidia Shield etc --> Denon X3300W --> TV

If I take the receiver out of the equation all devices function perfectly fine.

The link between the receiver and the tv is fine as I can still view the menus on empty inputs.

Here is where it gets confusing, adding the receiver back into the loop, if I put the ps4 into safe mode it can get a picture but changing the resolution to anything, be that 720/1080/4k, gives me sound but no picture, simply a black screen.

I left the receiver for a an hour or so and came back to the ps4 displaying a picture but it flickers on and off every few seconds however sound remains constant. None of the other devices show a picture though.

I've done the standard replacing HDMI cables, using different ports, trying different tvs and another receiver. All other devices operate completely fine which leaves the problem with the denon. Has it simply had its days and needs replacing?

If you've already tried the usuals of swapping out HDMI cables for proven cables etc..... Have you also tried factory resetting the AVR? (If the link between the AVR & the TV is still fine you can at least take a note of your current settings to quickly re-configue your AVR again after resetting :).)

Worth trying before heading out for your local AV store ;).

Rather than taking note of all the previous settings and also having to rerun the Audyssey calibration, simply save your current setup to a thumb drive and then load the old setting back onto the receiver post the factory reset if it turns out that the reset didn't resolve the issue you are having. You'll find instructions on how to save your configurations and reload them within the user manual.

Rather than taking note of all the previous settings and also having to rerun the Audyssey calibration, simply save your current setup to a thumb drive and then load the old setting back onto the receiver post the factory reset if it turns out that the reset didn't resolve the issue you are having. You'll find instructions on how to save your configurations and reload them within the user manual.

Did a factory reset on the AVR and it's up and working again, a few teething issues but very usable, thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom