DENON X3500H and outputs ZONE 2, PRE OUT

The sub level you attained post calibration if fine and well within the adjustment range.

ok thank you!

If in a specific situation I wanted to hear louder basses, can I manually change the level of the sub by setting + 2db? (without obviously doing the calibration)

If wanting to make adustments in accordance with your own personal preferences then it would be suggested not to do this by either altering the gain/vomume on the sub or muy changing the subwoofer speaker level in the main speaker configurations.

There are tone adjusts in the OPTIONS menu and there is a BASS setting there that can be used to adjust the bass by -6 dB to +6 dB. “Tone” settings are stored individually for each input source. The tone adjustments are not in effect in the receiver is set to its PURE DIRECT mode though and wouldn't be applied if DYNAMIC EQ is set to ON.

THere's also a CHANNEL ADJUST setting within the OPTION menu that allows you to make adjustent to the levels independantly of the main level configurations.

snapshot005.jpg

I'd suggest you use this to make any adjustments to the levels because it is then much easier to revert to where the receiver calibrated itself. Again, this setting stores these level settings individually for each input source.

thanks dante!
I tried both options and I find it more convenient to use CHANNEL ADJUST because it also allows me to increase the db of the center speaker as well as the db of the subwoofer.

Hi Dante!
I need another tip.

I connected the bluray player and PC to the Denon X3500H.
I think it is better to activate 4K pass trough instead of 4K upscaling.
How do I activate 4K pass trough on DENON?

I found these tips:

HDR PASSTHROUGH NOT WORKING

Video conversion function AVR-X3500H

Are they all valid?
Is it possible that I have to move the HDMI input "bluray" because it is too far from the HDMI output of the Denon?

• Set VIDEO MODE to AUTO
  • Set VIDEO CONVERSION to OFF
  • Set I/P SCALER to OFF

thanks Dante! you're always number 1! :thumbsup:

Can you confirm that it's not important to connect the bluray player or PC to an HDMI input connector closer to the AVR's HDMI output connector?

It shouldn't in theorey make any difference. I have recently seen a few people suggesting that using the inputs closest to the outputs in some way shortens the signal path and improves the signal, but the fact of the matter is that the su=ignal follows the exact same route through an AV receiver irrespective of the inputs proximity to an output. It is a digital signal and not analogue.

Unless stated otherwise, all the inputs have the ecaxt same abilities. Some receivers have a less capable input on their front and some of the earlier HDCP 2.2 enabled models don't include HDCP 2.2 for all their inputs, but this has nothing to do with that or those inputs proximity to the AV receiver's HDMI output.

After saying all this, Denon do actually suggest that there is an advantage to using inputs closer to the outputs:

This seems to correct poor signal clocking within the HDMI signal path. The way the AVR’s HDMI board is laid out, the HDMI inputs closer to the output, have a shorter board trace and should clock the signal better.

I'd not priorities this and start following it as gospel though. Maybe only persue it if actually experiencing issues with the HDMI video signal? It wont result in better video and would only serve to rectify issues experienced with conveying the video through the receiver and out to the display.

Last edited:
Hello!
I still have a problem with ZONE2.
In some situations I cannot send audio to the headphone amplifier connected to the Denon ZONE2.
In the settings of the DENON X3500H I set HDMI audio in "PCM".
When the source is the bluray UHD player everything works correctly: I can send the audio to the headphone amplifier.

1. if the source is the TV, I cannot send the audio to the headphone amplifier. The TV is connected to the DENON X3500H with an HDMI cable. The HDMI port of the TV (LG B9) has the "ARC" function. I solved it by connecting an optical toslink cable between the TV and the DENON and setting the optical audio source in ZONE2. Can I solve the problem without connecting the optical cable?

2. I connected a PC to Denon. I can't in any way send the sound from ZONE2. In the windows settings I set stereo audio. How can I solve with the PC?

Hello!
I still have a problem with ZONE2.
In some situations I cannot send audio to the headphone amplifier connected to the Denon ZONE2.
In the settings of the DENON X3500H I set HDMI audio in "PCM".
When the source is the bluray UHD player everything works correctly: I can send the audio to the headphone amplifier.

1. if the source is the TV, I cannot send the audio to the headphone amplifier. The TV is connected to the DENON X3500H with an HDMI cable. The HDMI port of the TV (LG B9) has the "ARC" function. I solved it by connecting an optical toslink cable between the TV and the DENON and setting the optical audio source in ZONE2. Can I solve the problem without connecting the optical cable?

2. I connected a PC to Denon. I can't in any way send the sound from ZONE2. In the windows settings I set stereo audio. How can I solve with the PC?
Were you able to solve this problem?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom