Denon X4300H no video with HDBaseT HDMI input

VistaDream

Hi all,

hopefully a simple answer for a simple person! I have this receiver receiving an HDBaseT HDMI signal into AUX 2 but it’s not showing. Is something interfering with it perhaps? HDBaseT works on the three other TVs that are connected directly to their respective HDBaseT receivers. This HDBaseT receiver is connected to the Denon X4300H and then to the TV via HDMI 1 output.

It used to occasionally show the picture but now doesn’t seem to work at all.

Any help greatly appreciated.

dante01

Distinguished Member
So the AV receiver's output is using the HDBaseT transmitter to convey a signal to your TV via cat cable?

What is the source and video format you are attempting to convey?

Many older HDBaseT transmitters and receivers aren't 4K or HDCP 2.2 compliant. If using an older HDBaseT setup then this may be why you aren't able to convey the video to the TV using it?

VistaDream

There is a cable box, similar to Sky (called “Fetch”, I’m in Australia), in my garage which outputs HDMI. Also in the garage is a HDBaseT transmitter, which takes this HDMI signal (1080p only) over Cat6a about 15 metres to a HDBaseT receiver in my media room. This HDBaseT receiver has the signal input from the other end of the CAT6a cable and outputs an HDMI signal, which I’ve connected to the AUX2 input to the AV receiver. But as I say, no picture or sound is showing. It was working, admittedly intermittently, but now it’s not.

At the garage end I also have a CCTV feed, also being fed via HDBaseT to the same transmitter/receiver and this does display on my TV when that channel is selected. That’s also a 1080p picture.

The matrix I’m using is a HDBaseT 4x4 matrix, which can transmit up to 4k @60Hz for over 30m. As I say it works on all other TVs where the TV is connected directly to the HDBaseT receiver, and those TVs are further away. It would appear there is something in the signal that the AV receiver either doesn’t like or can’t pick up.

VistaDream

Ps the matrix is both 4k and HDCP2.2 compliant. In any event, this signal from my Fetch box is only 1080p.

dante01

Distinguished Member
I don't have a resolution for your issue and can only concur with your diagnosis. The matrix shouldn't however be modifying the signal and it should be the exact same 1080p formatted video that the source was outputting.

VistaDream

It’s a stinker isn’t it?! Thanks for trying.

As I say, 3 receiver+TV combinations work fine in various rooms. Only the TV in the media room, supplied via the AV receiver doesn’t seem to work. I’ve switched the HDBaseT receivers around, rebooted, changed cables etc. To no avail.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming To Netflix in October 2020. Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom