Bargain Expired Denon X4500H - 799£ this weekend

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was scrolling some sites and noticed Peter Tyson offers Denon X4500H for 799£ only this weekend which is quite good deal as X3600H goes for 699£! Comes with 5year warranty aswell. Add the product to cart and you see the final price.

Last edited:
what do you guys recommend for a 12x13 room ? I am doing a 5.2.4 setup. I am trying to decide between denon 4500h , marantz 6013, or Yamaha 2080. Thank you in advance

what do you guys recommend for a 12x13 room ? I am doing a 5.2.4 setup. I am trying to decide between denon 4500h , marantz 6013, or Yamaha 2080. Thank you in advance
The equivalent model to X4500H is Marantz SR7013, 6013 is one tier below. If you compare the prices, Denon is quite a no brainer!

X4500 - 799£ (deal ends tomorrow)
SR7013 - 1150£
A-2080 - 1299£

If you however want Yamaha, i would pick A3070 over A2080 which is flagship product from 2017 only missing few features to 2018 serie (80). 999£ with 3year warranty!

Awesome . Thank you! Would you say Yamaha has a better sound than denon ? I’ve never owned a Yamaha. My last receiver was a denon 2807

I swapped my 4400 out for a 3600 and to be honest the 3600 sounds better than the 4400 to me ,so I really wouldn't dismiss the 3600 @£699 with a 6 rear warranty , by all accounts the 4400/4500 are virtually identical , and the 3600 ,whilst being a step down is very close to the 4500 internally , is a new model ,and performs better than its mid range tier suggests

Interesting . Now you got my wheels spinning . Since my room isn’t that big the 3600 probably would be a good choice . If you don’t mind me asking, in what ways does the 3600 sound better than the 4400

To me it sounds much tighter with the surround effects , its difficult to put into words , but the review on here pretty much sums up my experience, I was in 2 minds when I purchased it as it is classed as a lower model than the 400 series it replaced , but I,m seriously impressed by it

Awesome! Thank you for the responses
No problem , if your near a Richer Sounds store see if they have one to demo in home , you have to pay up front for it , but they don’t pressure you into buying it , and the refund comes pretty quickly in my experience

I would advise against the Denon if you want to use it for 2 channel music listening.

I looked at PT for one of these in the week, it said £899 but when you put it in your basket the price was £799. Is there a new model about to be released and the reason for the discount. I plan to wait for a the new model to be released and then decide what to do.

I am wondering of Yamaha will bring out their new receivers with being able to use musicast speakers as sides and rears, that would make life easier for many people. Myself being able to have 7.1 without the need for wires for 2 extra speakers I could add would make the installation simple. I have a concrete floor, not screed but concrete and being a through lounge have 2 doors and French windows what makes running wires really difficult.

I looked at PT for one of these in the week, it said £899 but when you put it in your basket the price was £799. Is there a new model about to be released and the reason for the discount. I plan to wait for a the new model to be released and then decide what to do.

I am wondering of Yamaha will bring out their new receivers with being able to use musicast speakers as sides and rears, that would make life easier for many people. Myself being able to have 7.1 without the need for wires for 2 extra speakers I could add would make the installation simple. I have a concrete floor, not screed but concrete and being a through lounge have 2 doors and French windows what makes running wires really difficult.

X4600H & X6600H should be out around September if everything goes normally. High End Munich was cancelled so not sure where they are going to announce these. X3600H will continue to next year. Yamaha has new full line up, but still no official word on them. If you are going to wait and eye for higher range HDMI 2.1 models then it´s about half year wait ahead most likely. If the virus has caused some problems then they could be pushed to 2021.

Hey this might be a silly question but after you run room correction on a denon what eq do you use (front align, flat, audyssey, or off)?

The deal is up again. It appears as £899 but at checkout they take another £100 off and the total is £799.
Also available for 12 interest-free instalments of 12x£66.59 (total sum £799)

Great deal very tempting would I hear much of an Upgrade in sound quality to my denon 2200w if anyone would kindly chime in ?

Great deal very tempting would I hear much of an Upgrade in sound quality to my denon 2200w if anyone would kindly chime in ?
Yes. More headroom. AL32 processing. Audyssey XT32. Better components all round with a much improved power supply. It will be quite an improvement.

Yes. More headroom. AL32 processing. Audyssey XT32. Better components all round with a much improved power supply. It will be quite an improvement.
Would it sound better at lower volumes so you don’t have to crank it as much to get the surround effects hear subtleties also the bass possible being more crisp and balanced throughout the volume range? thanks

The big difference will be the room equalizer.. 2200w using Audyssey MultEQ XT vs the Audyssey MultEQ XT32 on 4500h. Unless you are making your own measurements on room acoustics, this will make a significant difference.
Plus, you can get the 'open box' one for £749, which states 5 year warranty as well.

Would it sound better at lower volumes so you don’t have to crank it as much to get the surround effects hear subtleties also the bass possible being more crisp and balanced throughout the volume range? thanks
This is more to do with the settings and speakers levels and subwoofer placement etc.

That's quite specific. Maybe start your own thread on helping you to find a new AVR? Be good to know more about the rest of your system and how you use it to see what might help.

Thanks so I have Dolby Atmos setup at present on my denon 2200 and happy with the sound tbh. what I really want to know mostly will it sound much better on x4500h ie better sound clarity at lower volumes crisper bass notes and amazing surround effects.

my denon can achieve this but Needs cranking up to much to get that cinema sound quality and the same applys with music.

Would anybody know if current PT prices for 4500 are bank holiday deals it are they here to stay Monday and coming days?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom