Denon X6700H Owners Thread

I usually listen at around 60 anyway, whether it's Netflix, Sky or movies.

Some movies I go to 65 but that's about it.
Change your volume settings to the dB scale, gives a far more accurate reading of the volume at the MLP. Calibrated to 75dB which equates to 0dB of the scale. I expect your 60-65 is around -25dB to -20dB which means the Denon isn't working too hard in your room.

A rather strange source for such information but …

Anyway, if clipping were occuring one would assume that the person listening would hear it and act accordingly as opposed to continueing to listen regardless of that clipping at that volume level?

I'd surmise that the only harm done in terms of the ECO mode or indeed impedance switching is in terms of reducing the dynamic headroom. This would be more a matter of giving you as a listener a worse experience as opposed to it harming your speakers.
Thanks, that link was a good read.

If the Denon doesn't detect the clipping in Auto then I surely will. Although it sounds like I should probably just have it set to 'Off' all the time anyway and forget about it.

Hi
looking for some help please, I have a 4K fire stick directly into my Denon 6700 for some reason the highest resolution it player back is 1080p/ 60 on Apple TV and the 4K clips on YouTube, I’ve checked all the settings on the fire stick, they all seem fine to me , any ideas please, Thanks George.

Do you have the amps HDMI inputs and outputs set to 4k or 8k mode?

Does anything play at 4k through the amp or is this the first thing you're trying?
First thing to check is the input on your TV is set to enhance or deep colour mode (basically so it can accept 18gb signal). Then do the same on the amp and check it's HDMI 4K Signal Format is set to enhanced. If still not working then quite often it's hdmi cables, but not always.

4K blu ray player working fine and all hdmi cables are the same, audio quest. The fire stick plays back Dolby vision but it’s always 1080p/60.

4K blu ray player working fine and all hdmi cables are the same, audio quest. The fire stick plays back Dolby vision but it’s always 1080p/60.
Which HDMI port is it plugged into on the Denon?

Hi
I’ve just solved it , HDMI auto settings on the OLED changed from mode 1 to mode 2, all working fine now, Thanks for all the help, George.

Hi
I’ve just solved it , HDMI auto settings on the OLED changed from mode 1 to mode 2, all working fine now, Thanks for all the help, George.
Mode 2 is the correct setting though. On mode 1 I don't think you'll be able to get 4K HDR to work.

Edit: I think I read your post wrong, ignore me, you mean you changed it to mode 2 and it's all working now :censored:

Maybe in full fat mode the HDMI cable is struggling from the AVR to the TV?
What frequency hz are the programs you are watching on Amazon are they 50hz HDR, i.e. above 9gbps, where as your DVD layer is playing stuff at 24hz i.e. 9gbps or below..
Just because an HDMI cable plays 4k that quite often does not mean it will carry 18gbps.

One strange thing, Panasonic OLED showing pixel depth 12bits, thought all current panels are maximum 10bit.

The panel may be 10 bit, but the signal can still be 12 bit in nature. The only video that would currently be 12 bit in nature would be that inclusive of Dolby Vision HDR though. Dolby Vision is mastered with a 12 bit colour depth, but is ordinarilly downsampled to 10 bit.

Where do you see 12bit, I've seen it on the UB820 (DV disks) but not on the TV

When you press the info button twice on the 6700 remote.

That's just showing what is coming in and what is being sent out, as dante said the TV can accept a 12 bit signal it just converts it to how it wants to display. Same as some lesser TVs that can only display 8bits but still accept a DV signal..

The cable wouldn't effect the type of signal being conveyed. If the cable were too long or unable to handle the nandwidth then you'd simply not get a signal to the display. The source wouldn't downsize its output to conform with the cable's capabilities and you simply don't get anything at all on the TV.

The soure's output would be determined by either its own video configurations or the EDID associated with the other devices within the associated HDMI chain.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom