Destiny 2 (PS4)

TWAB's gone down well then.

:laugh:
Yip, nerf all the good and fun stuff in the game is always going to go down like a lead balloon. They'll still be the best stuff to use, just now it won't be as good.

never seen quite such a bad reaction though!

Suppose they don't want people getting through the new Raid so easily.

No mention of 1000 voices , jotunn or outbreak perfected which are probably the 3 exotic weapons that I'm using the most at the minute (outside of raids).

Thinking about it though it'll mainly only impact the new dlc as we'll be higher level than all of the enemies in the old content that we're going to have to grind through again to get back to max level so we probably won't notice that much of a difference (with the exception of whisper and it's lack of magic ammo)

I'd really only notice it if I'm not playing solo I think.
On my own I'd main Hunter blades with ophidian exotic chest piece, Warlock would be arc laserbeam with geomags or luna boots and Titan would be arc superman with disco lights helmet

EDIT:

Reckoning bridge is going to be almost impossible when they nerf orpheus rig, Skull and phoenix protocol

Last edited:
hey up gents. I obviously missed a lot in here. First the sub-forums gone (what happened there?) and there's not that many posts in here either.

I know I've not even turned D2 on (except for 5 minutes when I got my new TV to see what it looked like in HDR) since completing the Forsaken campaign, but is the interest really that low now? Is anyone still playing, even semi-regularly?

With the new announcements for the year 3 stuff etc. I've been thinking of jumping back in. Didn't get the annual pass when I got forsaken, so will be limited in what content I can do (right?) but the annual pass is currently on sale on PSN store, so is it worth buying the pass now (currently £12 instead of £30), and getting some of this years stuff done, and get characters levelled up for the new DLC? or is it not worth it and better to just wait till the DLC drops in September, when the almost inevitable, pack with all the dlc I've missed, and some upgrade tokens drops?

hey up gents. I obviously missed a lot in here. First the sub-forums gone (what happened there?) and there's not that many posts in here either.

I know I've not even turned D2 on (except for 5 minutes when I got my new TV to see what it looked like in HDR) since completing the Forsaken campaign, but is the interest really that low now? Is anyone still playing, even semi-regularly?

With the new announcements for the year 3 stuff etc. I've been thinking of jumping back in. Didn't get the annual pass when I got forsaken, so will be limited in what content I can do (right?) but the annual pass is currently on sale on PSN store, so is it worth buying the pass now (currently £12 instead of £30), and getting some of this years stuff done, and get characters levelled up for the new DLC? or is it not worth it and better to just wait till the DLC drops in September, when the almost inevitable, pack with all the dlc I've missed, and some upgrade tokens drops?

Don't know why the sub forum got nuked. it was more active than others such as the CoD one/

There's only a few of us from our group still playing regularly. Me and Chalky joined a clan that's mainly made up with UK players and they're a decent bunch so you can jump in with us if you decide to come back and we could get you through the recent raids and stuff.
You'll need the annual pass to access black armoury, gambit prime/reckoning and the new menagerie dlc. There's plenty there for £12 though.

The new dlc has a few gear boosts in the quest that will get you up to 690 light straight away (new limit is 750)

I'd say it's worth getting back in as there's still plenty to do. They do seem to be bringing a lot of D1 gear back though

Probably end up getting it for £12, and having a go.

Not sure I'm gonna go all out on it though (can't do multiple 4-6 hours sessions a week anymore) but will at least dip my toe back in before the new stuff drops in September.

Talking of D1 gear returning, what's with all the moon areas in the trailers looking almost the same as they did in D1?, and the 1st cosmodrome mission returning for people who start with this new light version. Bit mad.

Don't know why the sub forum got nuked. it was more active than others such as the CoD one/

There's only a few of us from our group still playing regularly. Me and Chalky joined a clan that's mainly made up with UK players and they're a decent bunch so you can jump in with us if you decide to come back and we could get you through the recent raids and stuff.
You'll need the annual pass to access black armoury, gambit prime/reckoning and the new menagerie dlc. There's plenty there for £12 though.

The new dlc has a few gear boosts in the quest that will get you up to 690 light straight away (new limit is 750)

I'd say it's worth getting back in as there's still plenty to do. They do seem to be bringing a lot of D1 gear back though

Hello, I’ve recently acquired the Annual Pass and would quite like people to play with. Any chance I can join your clan?

Hello, I’ve recently acquired the Annual Pass and would quite like people to play with. Any chance I can join your clan?

It's not an AVF clan but there's about 75 members although realistically maybe 15 to 20 are active. We usually get most of the clan engrams unlocked each week though. Not sure if you're on my friends list but if not my PSN name is exactly the same as on here

Yes a few still playing @SwinBob72, randomly saw Golvilius in a Gambit game yesterday. I have played quite a bit last few months, though the idea of having to level up the same gear again is pushing me over the edge TBH!

Other than campaign did you play Forsaken much? That, with the loadout changes that came at the same time, really turned D2 around IMO. Game has been much better since then.

Other than campaign did you play Forsaken much? That, with the loadout changes that came at the same time, really turned D2 around IMO. Game has been much better since then.

I did play quite a bit after campaign completion, and some of the new systems etc. are definitely a huge improvement over vanilla D2. I just got on to other things, and never really came back.

Ended up getting the Annual Pass at the weekend, while it was on the cheap, and had a few hours, and can already see some more improvements since last time I played. Really like that I only had to do this new season quest line on 1 character, and it auto unlocked the 690 gear for all 3, so I've got all my characters up to 690+ (from 500-ish) in about 3 hours :)

Started working through some of the annual pass stuff that wasn't there last time I played. Currently unlocking forges, got the 1st one on EDZ done (and got a sweet LMG, that I guess everyone gets) and last time I logged on I was doing some quest busy work to unlock a forge on Nessus.

All in all it's looks greatly improved since last time I played, and I'll definitely be jumping back in big time for ShadowKeeper, and in the meantime I'll keep dipping in and out, as and when, and try some more of this new stuff out.

After watching a few videos of how well Bungie is doing with this I might get back on it. I am so far behind now though so it might be a struggle to catch back up.

After watching a few videos of how well Bungie is doing with this I might get back on it. I am so far behind now though so it might be a struggle to catch back up.

I'm going to play it once it goes free to play later this year, I'm sure loads of others will too.

I'm going to play it once it goes free to play later this year, I'm sure loads of others will too.
Yeah I think it will bring a lot of people into the game. Great move from Bungie. Esp as you're basically getting the whole of year one in that free 2 Play bracket and access to new stuff too.

Do I need the Fallen DLC?
If you have lots of D2 base content to do may as well run through that. There have been a few DLCs. Curse of Osiris, which was not great, the Warmind which was better. Then Forsaken which was huge and really good. Then there is a season pass which gives some more content.

I would definitely recommend Forsaken.

Lots of info on the state of the game and upcoming changes from Luke Smith. Saw that every single item in the game is automatically going to be raised up to level 750 when Shadowkeep and New Light launch, so don’t waste any resources infusing stuff now

You will still be infusing stuff on everything you usually use so the fact the are raising everything to 750 means bugger all... You will still be infusing up to 1000 (or whatever the new power level will be)

You will still be infusing stuff on everything you usually use so the fact the are raising everything to 750 means bugger all... You will still be infusing up to 1000 (or whatever the new power level will be)
I'd imagine most have got their 750 items for the rest of this season by now so at least theres no point in bothering with any more and start hording masterwork cores instead now. Ready to do it all again in Oct :)

I think the point was no point using those resources now, save them until cap is raised and all kit automatically sets to 750.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom