Destiny 2 (PS4)

I've posted the info below in the Xbox thread and this is only applicable if gamesharing digital games (primarily expansions/addons) work in the same way on PS4 as they do on Xbox, by that I mean I know we can gameshare on PS4 but not sure about expansions or add ons as I don't ever recall sharing anything other than a main game just because I've never bought add ons for anything, it would be handy to know as my girls are bugging me about a Sims 4 Cats n Dogs expansion so if anyone knows that this works for sure then feel free to let me know :thumbsup:

Heads up for anyone gamesharing as I've just discovered the season pass contained within the Digital Deluxe edition does not share in the same way we are used to like expansions and annual passes before. I'll assume this because its now adopted the Free to Play model and thus the season passes are akin to Fortnite Battle Passes which also do not share.

In the meantime it seems to the F2P has taken its toll on the servers as me and the lad got booted earlier and now getting the message that servers are at capacity

In the meantime it seems to the F2P has taken its toll on the servers as me and the lad got booted earlier and now getting the message that servers are at capacity
Yes, they have now taken the game down for emergency maintenance. Lots of people got kicked and could not get back in from an hour or so back.

After all these years somethings never change...:nono:

I've posted the info below in the Xbox thread and this is only applicable if gamesharing digital games (primarily expansions/addons) work in the same way on PS4 as they do on Xbox, by that I mean I know we can gameshare on PS4 but not sure about expansions or add ons as I don't ever recall sharing anything other than a main game just because I've never bought add ons for anything, it would be handy to know as my girls are bugging me about a Sims 4 Cats n Dogs expansion so if anyone knows that this works for sure then feel free to let me know :thumbsup:

Heads up for anyone gamesharing as I've just discovered the season pass contained within the Digital Deluxe edition does not share in the same way we are used to like expansions and annual passes before. I'll assume this because its now adopted the Free to Play model and thus the season passes are akin to Fortnite Battle Passes which also do not share.

Anyone on PS4 who gameshare got the shaddowkeep dlc and had these issues on PS4 like Tubbs had on Xbox??

Me & the Mrs play this and I game share with her but I ain't buying it twice!!

Does buying Shadowkeep reset my campaign progress? I read somewhere that if I haven't finished Campaigns on the expansions before upgrading, I would lose progress, anyone know if this is true? I have read loads about it but cant find out for definite.

Anyone on PS4 who gameshare got the shaddowkeep dlc and had these issues on PS4 like Tubbs had on Xbox??

Me & the Mrs play this and I game share with her but I ain't buying it twice!!

The shadow keep main content has shared for us both but the season pass element hasn't so whilst I've now got 4 seasons passes as my account is the one we buy stuff on my lad hasn't got any so he has had to buy the first season pass which is 1000 silver (£8.39)

To be honest I'm kinda gutted for my lad as I don't play it that much any longer but we tried buying the Forsaken DLC on his account alone but it wouldn't let him as it stated that he didn't own Destiny 2 as I'd brought it on my account and shared it. Now that its essentially Free to Play and has Fortnite style battle passes in the form of season passes I wonder if going forward he'll be able to buy any big standalone expansions on his account alone, it might just mean him possibly deleted the install he has now and downloading the free New Light version. Then again Xbox deals with digital stuff a lot better than PS4 does, by that I mean if you own a disk based game on PS4 and then it goes free on PS+ you have to download the entire thing again and delete the install that came off the disk version.

Last edited:
Main content as in the new missions, raid etc etc or just the new area etc as that is free to all anyway?

What does the season pass element consist of...

'Runs to google'

Main content as in the new missions, raid etc etc or just the new area etc as that is free to all anyway?

What does the season pass element consist of...

'Runs to google'

From what I can tell Seasons run similar to Fortnite battle passes, you play the game, complete challenges etc and
IMG_20191001_204512.jpg
gain XP and said XP unlocks rewards as you go similar to how you unlock tiers in Fortnite

According to the blurb there are also some season exclusive armour, exotics etc. that you won't get access to without a season pass for that season.

I've double dipped again, and got it on PC & PS4, and because I'm now using cross save, the included season for each version stacks on to the same characters, so I've got 2 seasons already paid for. If you hover over the banner on the seasons page, it shows you how many seasons etc. there are, and which you've unlocked. Looks like there's going to be 4 seasons, and given the 69 day timer, I guess they're going to be every couple of months, and cost 1000 silver each . Will have to see how much they're actually worth, but at the moment they don't seem too bad, as they at least give you something to work toward while you're grinding.

Gotta say that so far it's looking pretty good, seems to be a lot of stuff in there (even if a LOT of it is basically reworked D1 assets ;)
Was really surprised that the cosmodrome section from the beginning of D1 was an exotic quest location! Guess we'll be getting cosmodrome back in it's entirety at some point.
) hopefully they keep rolling new stuff locations/quests etc. out with these season passes, and not just loot. Time will tell.

Only issue I've got at the moment is going to be grouping up with peeps on PS4 for raids etc. Going back to PS4 after playing on PC is painful. Where did all my 4k60 go ? :D They need to get cross play working quick.

On a side note, was well happy with hitting rank 10 in the season, so put the season tracker emblem on, at that moment scrolled through roster menu, and noticed someone else was in the tower with the emblem on, and they were already at season rank 28!!!! how?? the servers where down for like 4 hours last night! some people are just mad!

Regarding your spoiler @SwinBob72

For people creating new characters that whole cosmodrome first mission is in there. It blends into the coming out of the wall to the walker to then move on into getting your ship then you fly to the tower.
Its ended for all new people to the game but i'm sure some will do it for nostalgia :)

Regarding PC to PS4, yeah i'm doing that too. Its so different dropping from 60 to 30! Plus the speed the game loads etc on pc is a million times better too.

Gotta say that so far it's looking pretty good, seems to be a lot of stuff in there (even if a LOT of it is basically reworked D1 assets ;)
It is good, but about 90% of it is reskinned older content from D1 and D2. There is not a lot of new stuff here. Usually the higher priced DLC is bigger. Hard to judge until we see the raid but I was hoping for some more new stuff.

It is good, but about 90% of it is reskinned older content from D1 and D2. There is not a lot of new stuff here. Usually the higher priced DLC is bigger. Hard to judge until we see the raid but I was hoping for some more new stuff.

Based on the ending of the campaign I assume some event is going to happen that opens up a new area, similar to how dreaming city opened up in forsaken.

Based on the ending of the campaign I assume some event is going to happen that opens up a new area, similar to how dreaming city opened up in forsaken.
Vex offensive begins with the raid tomorrow I think. That looks like it possibly ties in with the ending and we have a dungeon to come too.

Last edited:
I don’t think there is another area on the way, but there is some new stuff coming. The first raid clear triggered some good new Public Events.

Even though the moon is familiar they have done a good job with it. The new Black Garden areas look great too.

Some of the general changes are good improvements as well. The mod system is much better, season pass and general XP and progress have all been improved too.

Personally think the Artifact is a bit of a let down. Esp when you have to pay more and more to reset it. It means I'll just unlock the barrier and overcharge perks and the boosts to them and not go back to it for the rest of the season.

There is no way on Earth i'm sacrificing any of my super bar for ammo. Esp with how slow they go up now.

Slightly dissapointed that there doesn't seem to be any new area opening up. I thought that something like the Dreaming City (
possibly a new patrol/mission zone on the darkness dorito
)
would open up after the raid had launched and been completed. There's still a fair bit of content in there, and the season pass system at least makes getting XP something to aim for, but was hoping for a bit more from a full expansion, especially given how much content there was in forsaken, especially after the campaign was done.

And yeah @Cha1ky I agree with you the artifact thing seems a bit useless, other than the barrier/overload stuff (that's required really, and seems to leave us with a limited selection of weapon types that we can use for endgame stuff, that has champions in it.) everything else in there is very meh!

Only perk that's remotely tempting me is the heavy ammo on finisher one, as they still don't seem to be able to get the drop rate of it right! Not something you would use all the time, but when you're doing a bounty/quest that requires heavy kills, would be really handy to have a way to get ammo regularly, as it still seems to randomly stop drop heavy for 20-30 minutes whenever it feels like. And at least you can plug/unplug mods now as and when you feel like.

Probably going to plug away at bounties and stuff and try and get the season rank maxed, and maybe get some raids etc. done, before november 8, as I suspect that Death Stranding will be taking over my gaming life at that point :)

There is no way on Earth i'm sacrificing any of my super bar for ammo. Esp with how slow they go up now.
I have not looked at reset costs. If they are high I will probably stay with my selection.

I have unlocked Heavy ammo for Super, it is very handy in some situations, like in the Raid if you need to do boss damage and have used heavy in phase 1 or 2. There are orbs everywhere because everyone pops supers, so you get Heavy refill and super.

I have not looked at reset costs. If they are high I will probably stay with my selection.

I have unlocked Heavy ammo for Super, it is very handy in some situations, like in the Raid if you need to do boss damage and have used heavy in phase 1 or 2. There are orbs everywhere because everyone pops supers, so you get Heavy refill and super.
Would be no good if a few of the team did it though as there'd be no supers creating orbs!

I'll wait until i'm maxxed out (almost there getting 950 drops now) before fully judging the system as at that point i won't be spending as much glimmer on upgrades etc. At the moment though I just feel its a bit meh. Sure it goes up 2,500 glimmer each time you try. It starts at 10,000.

To add, it also costs 5000 glimmer to change a weapon mod too!

Last edited:
To add, it also costs 5000 glimmer to change a weapon mod too!

yeah I noticed that last night when I did one of the nightmare hunts with rando's and realised that I seemed to be the only one who had (or knew how to use) the mods. Had to swap between barrier and overload a couple of times during the mission to keep up with the mobs.

At least it's pretty easy to get glimmer now, and with the new cap, I don't think I've dropped below 100K since SK launched.

yeah I noticed that last night when I did one of the nightmare hunts with rando's and realised that I seemed to be the only one who had (or knew how to use) the mods. Had to swap between barrier and overload a couple of times during the mission to keep up with the mobs.

At least it's pretty easy to get glimmer now, and with the new cap, I don't think I've dropped below 100K since SK launched.
I've been up to 250K and down to about 50K a few times when doing buying upgrades. Plus the amount of bounties I go through too!!

I made sure I had a metric s*** ton of materials before SK launched, so keep topping up glimmer at the spider. Guess I'll run out eventually, but will have probably moved on to something else by then, until the next season launches.

I made sure I had a metric s*** ton of materials before SK launched, so keep topping up glimmer at the spider. Guess I'll run out eventually, but will have probably moved on to something else by then, until the next season launches.
I've burnt through a lot of them getting items that were my level from Devrim last week and shaxx this week! I've almost hit max level though so hopefully will work on building the kitty back up again.

Still not got update.. not sure with the way you now have to buy the new season passes if it's worth the £110 it's going to cost me (for the 2 of us)

Wouldn't be too bad if shadow keep was a free update.. then have to pay for the passes twice.. especially seeing as if will be given away for free at somepoint with their new f2p model. (talk about a kick in the teeth to us that have been there since D1 and paid for all the content)

Tempted to get the new cod and another game for the same overall cost for this.

Last edited:
Still not got update.. not sure with the way you now have to buy the new season passes if it's worth the £110 it's going to cost me (for the 2 of us)

Wouldn't be too bad if shadow keep was a free update.. then have to pay for the passes twice.. especially seeing as if will be given away for free at somepoint with their new f2p model. (talk about a kick in the teeth to us that have been there since D1 and paid for all the content)

Tempted to get the new cod and another game for the same overall cost for this.
Do you have to buy Shadowkeep twice though if you're just game sharing on PS4?

I know the season pass you would but not sure about Shadowkeep nad you'll get one season pass with shadowkeep at least too.

Do you have to buy Shadowkeep twice though if you're just game sharing on PS4?

I know the season pass you would but not sure about Shadowkeep nad you'll get one season pass with shadowkeep at least too.

Not shadow keep as that's is normal dlc from store just the passes which is silver and account specific. So if ended up getting everything would be sk + 7 passes... I know u can not buy the passes but that sort of seems to be pointless if ur in so to speak.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom