Destruction Allstars

Played some single player stuff and multiplayer solo it was ok, like many have said it's a bit thin content wise, i know they have big plans to add content etc and the devs tweeted a couple of hours ago that daily and weekly challenges will be going live today so there is that.

I did try multiplayer with my nephew in a party and this is where the game showed some bugs, like not being able to get into cars the character would be stuck on the roof with no means to move until the car was destroyed, other times it would randomly kick someone out of the party or start a match without the other party member in it, some fixes needed for sure, when things worked we did have fun though.

Just spent 2 hours on multiplayer with mates none of the above issues in fact the experience went smoothly, we really enjoyed it had great fun, looking forward to plat again. Only problem is we now wanted create a party 5 but it seems the max is 4. Although I cant find mention of party limit in the instructions just says up to 16 can play online.

I'm going to sit on this until the first lot of updates drop, the devs are going to support it, so it will only improve over time:

Destruction AllStars has at least a year of post-launch content

Sounds like a good game in there somewhere and its going to take a bit of time to reach its full potential, seems to be the way of the gaming world nowadays, but could be worse, could have been Destruction Punk Stars ;)

Had a few games last night, its not bad, for free its pretty decent.

I think target audience is school kids in group chat where it will be quite a blast for some mindless fun. My young one plays a lot of Rocket League with lots of friends, which is clearly a better developed product, but they don't play it seriously it is just a blast and this could be a similar way to spend and hour or two.

The game desparately needs a football and some weapons

The game desparately needs a football and some weapons

I think there is too much going on in there at moment already. It doesn't help that both the car handling and on foot both feel clunky.

The balance of the arenas feels off too. There's no room for the cars to get going but too much space when on foot.

It all feels very random at times. OnRush could be a bit like that too, but at least they stuck to just the cars.

I'm not sure we've seen the best of class based car games yet.

I don't see the point of the on foot part of the game. Would of rather had a destruction Derby feeling game full stop.

I still haven't played it but why on earth doesn't it have weapons?
An arena based blur with different modes would've been epic.
Could've even had a rocket league style game with an over-sized rugby ball, which would be a total riot.
Missed opportunity?

Isn't this only on plus for two months?
I can't see how this game is going to evolve and increase its player base if this is the case.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom