Detailing Thread

Eventually got round to ordering some stuff, will keep me going until I get my outside tap fitted, lol!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200609-211249_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200609-211249_Chrome.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 76
2020-06-30 05.13.13.jpg

I bought an old Citroen C1 after the Micra was written off and spent 5 hours claying, polishing and waxing it with my DA Polisher.

Products used were Autoglym's clay kit after cleaning with a shampoo, Meguiar's Ultimate polish and then Autoglym's UHD wax.

Excellent results for a 10 year old motor.

Last edited:
Amazing what can be achieved in 10mins with a DA.

Before
IMG_20200710_165652.jpg

After
IMG_20200710_165705.jpg

Does anyone here use snow foam on a ceramic coated car? Does it stick to the car?

I've just been using the basic shampoo bottle that came with my pressure washer with snow foam inside, which although not as good as an actual foam lance worked quite well. I've now ceramic coated my car and washed it for the first time today. The foam just slid straight off it! It still seemed to work quite well, I'm just curious if a proper lance will allow it to cling for a bit?

Not sure about the ceramic coating but it may be due to the foam itself. I always make mine quite thick and even on a well waxed car it will stick for a little while.

It's Bilt Hamber auto foam, definitely not the thickest foam on the market but I've been using it for quite a while without issue. As I said, it still worked*, I'd just like it to cling like it did before so as I have more time for brush work etc.

*It worked so well in fact that I reckon touch-less washes are now possible if I had a DI vessel and done it regularly enough.

You’ll need thick sticky foam.

Anyone have any experience with the ceramic car coatings you can buy off Amazon?
Quite interested in giving it a go and at £20 is somewhat more attractive than the £300 professional detailers charge.

Anyone have any experience with the ceramic car coatings you can buy off Amazon?
Quite interested in giving it a go and at £20 is somewhat more attractive than the £300 professional detailers charge.
I used the CQuartz UK 3.0 kit which was £40 I think (be sure to get the kit that includes the reload). Piece of piss to apply, but do make sure to wear a respirator, I only had a dust mask to hand and had a sore head all the next day.

Any recommendations on decent alloy wheel cleaning brushes?
I am sick of the wire wound type that bend when you put any pressure on them and then eventually detach from the handles.

Wheel Woolies are meant to be great but never needed to use them as with Bilt Hamber Auto Wheels cleaner the dirt just wipes away with a sponge.

IMG_20200725_164838_690.jpg
IMG_20200725_164838_689.jpg
IMG_20200725_164838_693.jpg
IMG_20200725_153144.jpg
IMG_20200725_164838_692.jpg

Hi folks,
Just got my vehicle back from the bodyshop (insurance claim) were they also repaired the alloys. Am I right in saying no wax should be applied to the newly painted bodywork surface for at least a month and does the same apply to the alloys?

Yes I'd give it a month or 2 to allow the paint to fully cure and breath.

I think this might be relevant here... can anyone recommend a fairly easy to use small scratch / scuff remover? I have no illusions about removing deeper scratches, this is for really small scuffs, and a scuff on the door mirror (superficial, mostly - so more "best effort" rather than full fix). Thank you!

I think this might be relevant here... can anyone recommend a fairly easy to use small scratch / scuff remover? I have no illusions about removing deeper scratches, this is for really small scuffs, and a scuff on the door mirror (superficial, mostly - so more "best effort" rather than full fix). Thank you!

i'd try a machine polish if youve got access to one.

if not then try some filler polish (autoglym super resin is still one of the better ones) and see what you can get out of it. If you want it to last you'll need to throw a wax over it though.

Obviously results will vary depending on depth of the scuff but thats how i'd start.

Obviously depends on the scuff, but I had success using my clay mitt.

Anyone else have a cupboard dedicated to car detailing, or am I the only sad one here?

CB9CE120-BDF2-4E5F-86A6-5ECAD574AF38.jpeg

Of course i have, but it's about 3 crates. :laugh:

Just some shelves

IMG_20200731_231125.jpg

Hi guys!

I bought a few new bits to clean up my (new to me) car.

ECDD8838-404C-4101-9924-9A68DD610363.png

Can anyone recommend a pop up gazebo that’s relatively cheap and I could use to shield the car from direct sunlight as everywhere on my drive is a sun trap? I’ve seen some 3x3m ones on amazon

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom