Diablo 3 - Part 3 - Welcome to Error 37

Anyway hope you get it sorted but wonder if they donet have as many peeps on customer service with the virus.

Thx man. I'll let you know if I get anywhere with it. I had also heard that the customer service used to be really good but like many things these days with listed AAA game studios it's nowhere near as customer focused as it used to be. I'm sure the covid situation also won't help as will the fact it's 4th of July weekend in the US. That's assuming their cust service is US based of course!

Wow - Blizzard have fixed my account for me!!! :smashin: :)

Actually pretty quick all things considered and with a minimum of fuss.

Now, time to try and level a Barb.....

Wow - Blizzard have fixed my account for me!!! :smashin: :)

Actually pretty quick all things considered and with a minimum of fuss.

Now, time to try and level a Barb.....
Great news, I got the set items and looking back on my last barbarian its the same armour.
Them new buffs come in handy at times but there not always when you expect them I had them go of very soon after one just gone off and not the 2 minutes wait.
The fire and the snowball the weakest.
Looking at this build and Ice Vains dont use earthquake but Call of Ancients

Hey Garrett,

I'm just going for a leapquake build that uses Seismic Slam to dump fury and activate Girdle of Giants to boost EQ damage but all the damage is really from my earthquakes. Build seems pretty fun now I have gotten my CDR to around 35%. It felt really clunky to play initially but once I moved my paragon points around and put in a Gogok of Swiftness I can now pretty much re-cast my triple leap after I have dumped fury through Seismic Slam - Rumble.

I've not pushed very far in GR's as I don't feel super tanky atm but I'm sure with more paragon points that will help. Only around 160 atm. Hopefully get a bit more time to play this evening.

Yeah, the season buffs all seem a little pointless. The 90 second cooldown just seems far too long and like you say there are a few really rubbish ones like the snowball or the walls of flame. Maybe they start becoming good once you get to higher GR's and they can do a lot of damage vs the Rift Guardian?

Funny enough Im finding a armour class more squishy than a clothy, the build I had for my wizard could stand in all sorts of crap, poison, grotesque explosions, and normal explosions and could teleport away from stuff which the later jump always does not work. I also found I was killing bosses almost instantly.
Im lv 318 at the mo and all the gear bar a girdle of might and ring and just the chest an ancient and not messed with gear stats yet.

Last edited:
Hey Garrett,

I'm just going for a leapquake build that uses Seismic Slam to dump fury and activate Girdle of Giants to boost EQ damage but all the damage is really from my earthquakes. Build seems pretty fun now I have gotten my CDR to around 35%. It felt really clunky to play initially but once I moved my paragon points around and put in a Gogok of Swiftness I can now pretty much re-cast my triple leap after I have dumped fury through Seismic Slam - Rumble.

I've not pushed very far in GR's as I don't feel super tanky atm but I'm sure with more paragon points that will help. Only around 160 atm. Hopefully get a bit more time to play this evening.

Yeah, the season buffs all seem a little pointless. The 90 second cooldown just seems far too long and like you say there are a few really rubbish ones like the snowball or the walls of flame. Maybe they start becoming good once you get to higher GR's and they can do a lot of damage vs the Rift Guardian?
What gems are you going with I not started leveling a Gogok yet as it was one of the last to drop and as the others were near 25 I though get the 25 buff and then level Gogok up, Im using his gems apart from that one and Powerful in its place at present.
Done a lv 60 and did a XIV and to say it was painful an understatement, first time in about 5 chars I ended up with my armour destroy.
Oh got the belt just a ring of the recommended but dont know if to use my blood shards to roll a Ancient weapon or ring(but there so many) and also use upgrade a rare to Legendary and hope for a Ancient.

Last edited:
Gogok was the first gem that dropped for me I think hence I started leveling it anyway. Took ages for Bane of the Trapped to drop!!

I don't think Gogok is particularly good for the build generally but with low paragon and bad gear it was an easy way to get some extra CDR into the build. I don't really know what the optimal gem setup is. Bane of the Trapped and then either Stricken or Bane of the Powerful. Can't really think of another good one other than going Esoteric Alteration for a bit of a toughness boost. I guess maybe you do just run Bane of the Trapped & Powerful & Stricken.

Oh, I was only doing TX on mine and the build felt pretty good at that difficulty. Like I say though, build didn't feel super tanky like a Crusader or Monk. I think a lot of it's survive-ability comes from having enemies be CC'd from Death from Above. Usually it's leap in, leap in place and then leap out, slam and have your EQ's deal the damage without you being too close to the enemies. Not having WotB up all the time feels a bit sketchy though as a lot of the toughness on a Barb comes from having permanent CC immunity as well as extra dodge chance, 50" reduced damage taken and the LpFS that WoTB gives you. Not sure I have any ancient pieces either which would help push up my toughness somewhat. I guess they will come eventually.

I did get a Band of Might early on and that made a massive difference to my tankiness. It definitely felt glass canon without it. I stopped getting one-shot from the RG with that on. I'm not very far in GR's yet. Hopefully will push to around 50 or 60 tonight if things go well.

Done a 65 up from 60 and hit my most hated GR the dungeon the one like the ones that have draw bridges one in, as area damage sucks and you no room to get out of floor damage. anyway did it but that was a red armor run and got 12 paragon and was quickish bit only 3 points to spend on geming up.

Just need to master a dungeon with a set and that well complete a Slayer and Champion.

Don't think I quite have the willpower to try and go through the seasonal journey. Leapquake has done pretty well but not too sure how much longer I will be playing. Been a lot of fun till now but the grind of paragon points and ancient items is where I find that the game gets a little stale.

Don't think I quite have the willpower to try and go through the seasonal journey. Leapquake has done pretty well but not too sure how much longer I will be playing. Been a lot of fun till now but the grind of paragon points and ancient items is where I find that the game gets a little stale.
Apart from a ancient I got on my chest as a reward for the seasonal armour, I not dropped one ancient for my build I keep using my blood shards for a 2 hander and deaths breath in the cube to upgrade rares for an ancient Blade of the Tribes with no luck but I been pushing 70s and XIII for the last 3 days and cant get one but got a number of other ancient mighty weapons Fury seems the most prolific then Boulder Breaker, bit only had 3 BotT. Im up to 520 paragon points.
As I said before just wonder if there something in the roles for build that make items a lower % chance than others. I only had one Mighty Belt yet had scores of other of the same belts drop.
BTW this season I seen hell of a lot of the green crap on the floor which I can hardly rember on my wizard last season and wonder if Rifts are made for certain classes???

Last edited:

BTW have you noticed he has Perfection on all his items and the stats on theme are also perfect. I often picked up ancients I needed but the stats on my normal been better in fact last time on my Wizard I got a 1 hander and did not get one with better stats for ages and was as I say even better than an ancient of the same weapon that dropped.
Im wondering of to take some armour gem as Im dying hell of a lot. I just attacked some spiders jumped at them and instantly died and lucky was near a check point and died instantly about 7 times and had to go and repair also lucky when I started had over 7min left and was on 98% and they were blue.
Im wonder if In pushing the GR too high as well but need high to get my gems up that are on 55.

BTW have you noticed he has Perfection on all his items and the stats on theme are also perfect.

I think he tends to show off his build guides on his Standard account where he will have access to year's worth of items. Not surprising that he has perfect bits if he has acquired them over a long period of time. I'm sure most players who play a season enough until 1500+ paragon are going to have almost BiS items for the most part.

I only got to around GR 70 myself although I didn't feel too squishy. More my damage was starting to drop off at that point. Most enemies are stunned once you leap on them for 3 seconds so it was unusual for anything to get off an attack. Is there and elite affix that makes it so that certain mobs are immune to CC? I pretty much started off running full diamonds throughout my gear even from paragon 1. That tended to keep my toughness reasonable. Plus having a Band of Might helped a lot. I also used the Nerves of Steel passive just to mitigate the occasional one-shot. TBH it rarely procc'ed but it still saved me the odd extra gem up I would have lost from dying in a GR. If you are not running full diamonds and not using Band of Might then that would explain a certain level of squishiness. However it may just be that you have reached that point where stuff is hitting hard enough to one-shot. Might be worth losing some damage and running esoteric alteration if you feel you are dying to elemental damage. If you are running stricken in place of BotP then maybe swap back to BotP for a bit. The 15% reduced damage from elites is pretty nice. Stricken probably isn't needed much before GR 90+. Usually when the RG is taking more than 3 minutes or so.

Yes I swapped powerful out I dont know what was killing me in a tunnel but every time I ressed was instantly killed and looked like frost damage on the floor but I waited a while for it to clear.
Will try it back in.

I never though he was using gear from last build I though was doing this season with gear he been given from Blizzard. :rolleyes:

EDit just seen it what going on Im ressing but before I can take actions(still in ghost form) the adds are casting aoe

Last edited:
EDit just seen it what going on Im ressing but before I can take actions(still in ghost form) the adds are casting aoe

Yeah, that's probably it. You get a massive amount of toughness from getting the 150% armour from leap on the Might of the Earth set. If you haven't leapt you are much squishier. Not least because Band of Might also won't be up.

Yeah, that's probably it. You get a massive amount of toughness from getting the 150% armour from leap on the Might of the Earth set. If you haven't leapt you are much squishier. Not least because Band of Might also won't be up.
When I ress now unles I jumped into a mass I run out and then jump in, the little beggers were casting even before I was up.
I just looked today and have more epic items for the whirlwind build in fact I think most sets have at least 1 more item than my current which is 1 ancient most have 2 armour and 1 weapon. Im up to 560 Pargon and my rolls for the leap build been very poor, so may tey other builds for the set dungeon and mastery
After that the conquest are going to be the tough ones. Im 9/10 9/10, 6/8, 2/8, 2/6.

If you have not tried Whirlrend before it's definitely worth a go. BK variant is super nice for running normal rifts. I usually drop Crimson's for normal rifts and run avarice band in cube and goldwrap either in cube or equipped. You should be immortal with a Boon of the Hoarder and goldwrap so I tend to drop either the BotP or the Taeguk for it. Usually depends how levelled my Taeguk is.

For pushing you will want to go for either the 6 piece + Lamentation or use a RoRG to work in the Crimson's variant mentioned earlier. I personally prefer the Crimson's Variant as it makes keeping WotB up very easy with OrotZ. Ultimately for pushing you will probably want to drop the BK swords in favour of Little Rogue / Slanderer combo. However BK swords definitely feel nicer as you don't have to worry about fury and always being in density at all.

Good luck with the conquests. I'm back onto Grim Dawn for a bit now but always happy to hear about your progress or to give advice if I can. :)

I wanted an enchanters to run with as a change for my Templar but all the weapons had strength on them and even enchanting them wont get rid of main stats or re lolling them as they come back what you are so made a wizard lv1 and re rolled a strength and got a intelligence stat.

Oh 574 paragon and got my first ancient drop that I can use in my build.

:facepalm: Been reading this as Belt of Might and took it you meant Might of Earth belt, and came across Band of Might today and realized what you were on about. (My reading can be that bad at times).
If you take Band of Might do you take Compass Rose and Travelers Pledge in neck or use BoM in the cube?

Oh, well if you made it this far without Band of Might then once you add it into your build you should find things much easier. I was aiming for the Bastion of Will set rings, Focus & Restraint and then using Band of Might in the cube. Amulet was going to be a Flavour of Time if you can get a decently rolled one which seems REALLY hard or a Hellfire Amulet.

I didn't end up dropping either of the Focus & Restraint set rings so I was initially using Band of Might and Circle of Elements. I guess just use whatever you have that is well rolled. Bastions of Will is likely the best combo once you have them though. They increase your damage by 125% which is practically unbeatable for a double ring slot, especially as they can roll nicely anyway.

Oh, well if you made it this far without Band of Might then once you add it into your build you should find things much easier. I was aiming for the Bastion of Will set rings, Focus & Restraint and then using Band of Might in the cube. Amulet was going to be a Flavour of Time if you can get a decently rolled one which seems REALLY hard or a Hellfire Amulet.

I didn't end up dropping either of the Focus & Restraint set rings so I was initially using Band of Might and Circle of Elements. I guess just use whatever you have that is well rolled. Bastions of Will is likely the best combo once you have them though. They increase your damage by 125% which is practically unbeatable for a double ring slot, especially as they can roll nicely anyway.
Got Focus and Restraint although one took a while to drop and then an ancient of one dropped last night but apart from strength it had two non DPS stats but had a spare on of the other and when I swapped the 2 out I ended up with more damage and health.
I had been running with Convention of Elements in the cube and actually only dropped the Band of Might the other day.
Oh did a XV and only died twice ran out of jumps and could not get out of the way of exploding Gruesome as adds were in the way.

What you think the best rolling with the blood shards armour or that 2 handed ancient?
The weapon would be a massive boost if an ancient if the right stats but cost 3 times the cost for the rolls for armour. And just use Deaths Breath to roll the Ancient Blade of Tribes in the cube and hope in the mean time it drops?

Last edited:
I don't usually gamble blood shards on weapons / jewelry if I can gamble on armour pieces instead. Usually spamming for ancient pieces. If I get to the point where I only really need an ancient weapon then sure, you can spend them that way.

For ancient weapon farming I usually use the upgrade rare recipe as that can get you an ancient version. If you do a lot of bounties then the most likely method is simply reforging a non-ancient Blade of the Tribes over and over. I think the chance it rolls ancient is 1 in 10 so hopefully you hit it within 10 crafts. I would normally play Whirlrend if I want to do quite a lot of bounties. With the BK set it's super quick. Even then I still find them annoying!! :facepalm:

Think I upgrades countless rare mighty to legendary and got/or had quite few ancient 2 handlers but non of the Tribe. The RNG nasty I had an relic and wanted to roll damage on it and only 4 enchant options re rolled it 10 times guess what no damage that like 20 chances on 4 things.
I dont think you can re roll legendary to ancients in the cube? Although I mistakenly tried to re roll stats on an ancient and it turned back into a normal legendary.

I dont think you can re roll legendary to ancients in the cube?

I just had a quick look on the D3 game guide regarding Kanai's Cube:

REFORGE LEGENDARY OR SET ITEM
Sacrificing great quantities of magical ingredients, the Horadric incantation known as the Law of Kulle allows you to reforge any Legendary or Set item. This process will grant your item different attributes, and may transform it into an Ancient or Primal Ancient version of the same item. Be warned; reforging an Ancient or Primal Ancient Legendary or Set item might result in the loss of the Ancient or Primal Ancient property.

It seems to suggest that it can re-roll a legendary to either an Ancient or a Primal Ancient assuming the info is in date. It's a very expensive recipe but if you need to use up bounty mats then it's probably worth a go.

I just had a quick look on the D3 game guide regarding Kanai's Cube:

REFORGE LEGENDARY OR SET ITEM
Sacrificing great quantities of magical ingredients, the Horadric incantation known as the Law of Kulle allows you to reforge any Legendary or Set item. This process will grant your item different attributes, and may transform it into an Ancient or Primal Ancient version of the same item. Be warned; reforging an Ancient or Primal Ancient Legendary or Set item might result in the loss of the Ancient or Primal Ancient property.

It seems to suggest that it can re-roll a legendary to either an Ancient or a Primal Ancient assuming the info is in date. It's a very expensive recipe but if you need to use up bounty mats then it's probably worth a go.
Thought I read in a post they stopped it recently but doing a search cant find anything on after 2 years back.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom