Diablo IV

I'm up to level 53 and WT3 as a Rabies/Lightning Storm Druid. The new virulant aspect makes rabies clear feel really nice.

If you hang around the vessel that spawns the baddies that drops the governing gems you can level up pretty quickly. Monster density is good. I didn't find the traps too annoying.

It's a grind to get the gems to level up for the construct so hanging around the spawn is not going to provide long term engagement but is probably the most efficient. The construct itself does ok at finishing off weakened monsters but is currently not the beast I'd want it to be.

I did enjoy the new stuff and will probably carry on for a bit more but I doubt I'll be playing in a weeks time. Apparently if you make an alt you've got to level up your companion all over again which sucks!

I'm not playing Hardcore and had a freak out as I'm missing so much renown but it's been ok scooping that up.

Here's a really good take on the state of play from Raxx (it's long but his suggestions are really good)

@Lyricalis I think the speculation was that the seasonal pet was probably their first go at seeing how well adding followers into the game would be where you can customise their skills to a certain extent. Hopefully they'll have at least learned quite a bit from all the feedback!

Hey @drinkturps :hiya:

Glad you've been having some fun with it. I actually watched that video last night and it does seem to match the general feeling that a lot of people have with the game. Especially at the end where even he admits feeling like he's struggling to carry on playing.

Hopefully season 4 puts the game back on track. I feel like there is a really solid game in there somewhere. It just needs a really good balance / polish pass and more stuff to do once you've hit level 100 that doesn't just boil down to boss runs.

Last edited:
Patch 1.30a dropped yesterday. Given my pet a nice boost and its actually becoming useable. The health beam is like an extra potion which is handy and the fire beam is doing visible damage. Up to level 67. The vaults are worth running now and give pretty decent drops. Here's my sacred pants.

1706389080469.png

I am a long way behind you - lvl 43 Dual Swing Barb.

I am actually enjoying it. I didn’t play much of Season 2.

I am using each season to play a new class and get them into Ethereal once done as far as I can go given the time I have available.

I am a long way behind you - lvl 43 Dual Swing Barb.

I am actually enjoying it. I didn’t play much of Season 2.

I am using each season to play a new class and get them into Ethereal once done as far as I can go given the time I have available.
My Lightning Storm Druid is about the same level. I'm going to have to check out a guide soon as I know from other characters that my current one is just going to get hammered if I take it into that dungeon you have to do at around level 50. Only one vaguely defensive skill at the moment :D.

I’m playing Barbarian this season, I’ve only ever played Sorc before so just learning the ropes. Sentiment is that everyone is tired of the three shout meta but it’s all new to me so that’s what I’m rolling, of course I’m using the newly buffed charge so I go flying in and whack them with my hammer of the ancients. Clearing out the regular dungeons while I’m levelling, using this time to learn how to efficiently play the class and fill out my codex before I think about moving up to the next world tier.

I'm only like level 30 odd so I’ve done nothing with the spider bot thing, I just have him healing me which is fine, he seems a little half baked as when I’m charging about the little fool can’t even keep up with me so I forget he’s even there really.

Parked my rabies/lightning storm druid and went for the meta Charge/HOTA Barb. Now I've got the correct aspects on stuff I have to say it's pretty tasty. Took me a while to figure out the overpower on weapon swap aspects but now I've set my skills to different weapon sets it's pretty bonkers (to coin a phrase).

Patch 1.3.1 should drop later today making my robot buddy even more powerful. I'm really enjoying playing at the moment which must put me in the minority. Been doing the world boss and legions and joining up around the vessels for some Herald of Malphas bashing. It's been fun so far. Suspect by the time I hit WT4 I may change my mind but I have enjoyed myself and that's what its all about.

Parked my rabies/lightning storm druid and went for the meta Charge/HOTA Barb. Now I've got the correct aspects on stuff I have to say it's pretty tasty. Took me a while to figure out the overpower on weapon swap aspects but now I've set my skills to different weapon sets it's pretty bonkers (to coin a phrase).

Patch 1.3.1 should drop later today making my robot buddy even more powerful. I'm really enjoying playing at the moment which must put me in the minority. Been doing the world boss and legions and joining up around the vessels for some Herald of Malphas bashing. It's been fun so far. Suspect by the time I hit WT4 I may change my mind but I have enjoyed myself and that's what its all about.
I’ve enjoyed it also as a Double Swing Barb.

I’ve enjoyed it also as a Double Swing Barb.
I was tempted to go double swing but went for the massive bonks of HOTA. RNG gods are smiling as 10 mins ago I found the Charge aspect with the four ancients on an amulet. Taken me ages to find it. Holy moly what an upgrade, it's a wall of death every 4 seconds.

EDIT: Who installed my 56k modem been like this for 10 mins
1706816342482.png

Last edited:
I was tempted to go double swing but went for the massive bonks of HOTA. RNG gods are smiling as 10 mins ago I found the Charge aspect with the four ancients on an amulet. Taken me ages to find it. Holy moly what an upgrade, it's a wall of death every 4 seconds.

View attachment 1997610
Yes love that Charge Aspect. I have it on a low level ring and can’t bare to swap it out!

View attachment 1997610

Yeah, I tend to find this happens to me quite often, usually as soon as the bar goes either yellow or green all of a sudden my DL speeds shoot up. I've heard people recommend that limiting your download speeds in the launcher can sometimes help with this. Mine is currently limited to 99999. I seem to have gotten better DL speeds with it set to this but others say having it uncapped tends to work out better. Might depend quite a bit on ISP or geographical location but you could try it to see if it helps at all.

Yeah, I tend to find this happens to me quite often, usually as soon as the bar goes either yellow or green all of a sudden my DL speeds shoot up. I've heard people recommend that limiting your download speeds in the launcher can sometimes help with this. Mine is currently limited to 99999. I seem to have gotten better DL speeds with it set to this but others say having it uncapped tends to work out better. Might depend quite a bit on ISP or geographical location but you could try it to see if it helps at all.
It was quite daft. I ended up trawling the reddit for help and there were so many in the same boat. I ended up doing exactly what your suggested.

EDIT: I have since discovered that the game will not launch for me now post patch. It keeps crashing for me at the Blizzard logo and again this seems to affect multiple users.

So the fix should it happen to you which is a bit bonkers is to rename the dstorage.dll in the DiabloIV install folder. I don't think it will break anything else as it's a Microsoft Direct Storage DLL but was not aware of Direct Storage being enabled for D4. Use at your own discretion but I'm at least able to play the game.

Last edited:
Season 4 launch date pushed back to May 14th. Pretty good summary of the changes linked below.

Looking forward to it. Seems like they've got some of their act together.

Yeah, I watched most of the Campfire Chat and they really do seem to be making a good go at making itemisation much more interesting with several ways to go about upgrading items and less "filler" stats on them. Only having Sacred items drop in WT3 and Ancestral in WT4 will also be great.

Need to see how it all comes together with the various skill and balance changes once season 4 launches but actually pretty optimistic that we'll be getting a better version of D4 from this point forwards.

looking forward to giving this a go on gamepass - I am too casual a diablo player to buy it so happy to see if I like it enough - also as a solo player how does it stand up ?

looking forward to giving this a go on gamepass - I am too casual a diablo player to buy it so happy to see if I like it enough - also as a solo player how does it stand up ?
It’s pretty good as solo, there always seem to be people around for group stuff in the open world like world bosses, still not managed to get a single character to 100 yet though as I just lose interest as levelling seems to slow down dramatically at 50

It’s pretty good as solo, there always seem to be people around for group stuff in the open world like world bosses, still not managed to get a single character to 100 yet though as I just lose interest as levelling seems to slow down dramatically at 50
You and me both @maverick177uk . I have the same issue.

is there a benefit to getting to 100 other than just your higher level ? can you access content you cannot do at lower levels that kind of thing ?

is there a benefit to getting to 100 other than just your higher level ? can you access content you cannot do at lower levels that kind of thing ?
Looking at the changes it's where you'll be getting some materials from to improve your build. Requires 100.

They did confirm that XP gains would be increased starting season 4.

50% extra in WT2 from the current 25%.
150% extra in WT3 from the current 100%.
250% extra in WT4 from the current 200%.

Not massive amounts but it should help a bit. Especially WT2 might feel pretty nice to level in if your build can handle it.

I did manage to hit level 100 on one character in Season 3 but that was more down to just really enjoying that character a lot. I think if you do find something that's a lot of fun to play then the grind to 100 actually felt pretty quick. It's then whether the game can continue to offer engaging types of play once you can't get any more levels or paragon and it's all about getting higher ranks of glyphs and better gear. Hopefully the changes to itemisation coming in season 4 will help with keeping the gear grind more interesting.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom