Die Hard 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Review & Comments

Thanks I decided to buy it at HMV £10 well worth the upgrade.

Just watched this and would say it's a worthy upgrade over the Blu-Ray.

The colours just look richer and it's one of the best looking 30 year old films I've seen on UHD.

Black levels are spot on but then...it's an OLED..
giphy.gif

Sadly it is doesn't end well for this guy in this film lol

Caught this in the cinema last Sunday in a sold out screening (why dont they run these old films for atleast a week?) . It looked and sounded great and was defiantly the 4K re-master judging by the colours. The LFE was terrific when the plane lands at the start and people we're laughing at some of Bruce's lines, awesome.

Die Hard is a film i've wanted to see on the big screen for a long time so glad that they bought it back.

I bought this from HMV a while ago for £9.99 and watched it last weekend with a few mates.
We all tohught it looked great and really enjoyed it. It definatley looked the best I have ever seen it and the audio was great too.

No problems with playback on my LG player either.

Watched this last night on my C6 and wow what a difference. Certainly the best it’s looked, it’s not perfect by any means but a worthy upgrade. Personally I thought the first few scenes looked questionable but once he gets to the airport the image quality stepped up.

Is this one of those discs that's mostly about the colour palette and HDR, or is there a real discernible difference in definition? Just asking as I'm watching the standard blu ray via my Oppo 203 on my Hisense H65U9AUK, and it looks pretty good to me, but if the definition is markedly better, I'd be tempted.

Definite improvement thanks to the new 4K transfer, the Blu-Ray was quite dated.

No idea if this is the normal price but just brought off Amazon for £11.99 (HMV same price but free delivery over £20 I believe - prime is free delivery)

No idea if this is the normal price but just brought off Amazon for £11.99 (HMV same price but free delivery over £20 I believe - prime is free delivery)

Same price at Zoom too.

Damnit, wasn't going to buy this, but after reading the review & comments here... ordered the single disc version from Amazon Aus for A$12 (£6.50!).

Well, that's my first Blu-ray to UHD re-buy. It has begun 😩

Sooo…
Die Hard is a favourite of mine and I bought the 4K disc before I bought the player.

I have an LG OLED 3D tv, and the Panasonic UB820. Die Hard was the first disc I tried. I stopped the disc to compare it to the blu ray. When McClane walks to the elevators in the Nakatomi building, there are some serious digital artifacts around his head.

I have to figure out if it’s the disc, player, or TV, or some combination.

considering the rave review I was bitterly disappointed.

Merry Christmas all!
519EE568-F806-4FAF-A05B-D420E1766A5A.jpeg

Never seen this

However I brought the 4K UHD about January time this year and purposely set it aside for xmas eve

Tonight I FINALLY get to see what I've been missing out on all these years!

Welcome to the party pal!

Just like f**king Saigon !
Merry Christmas everyone.

Was going to watch Misery tonight but after reading this thread again i’ll park that till the snow arrives at and watch this.

It’s bloody Christmas Eve so why I didn’t think about it till I came here I don’t know :facepalm::blush::rotfl:

I see Jan de Bont of Speed and Twister was Director of Photography.

4k digicode expires 31/12/21 if anyone wants, first to respond can have it.

How does this work? I'd love to gift it
to a friend but unsure if he'd be able to redeem it?

to be honest mate i'd rather it go to a forum member, reason being is that a fair few members on here have saved me a lot of money on the price drop thread, so this is just a tiny bit of payback into the forum. So I apologise but will send it to mckee74 instead as he was the next to respond

Watched this last night, loved it tbf!

Gutted it's taken me so long to actually watch it

Still can't decide if it's an xmas film or not :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom