Dishwasher recommendation please

Alps

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Guys, my integrated Kenwood dishwasher has packed in for some time. When I start it, everything works to a point but then stops. I think this might be due to water gathering at the bottom and not filtering away. I then need to get down on all fours and scoop the water out and soak up the remainder with a cloth! With my limited knowledge of anything DIY or technical, I think this might be due to a blocked pipe somewhere. I used to also get an error code (can't remember what the number was though) but that no longer appears.

So as it's sale time at Curry's, I think it's time now for a new integrated dishwasher. But which one? I need a full size with at least 12 place settings. Budget is around £350. Recommendations please guys :smashin:

I'd.be interested in this. Usually see low end Bosch recommended at this price point.
Not sure how they compete with slightly higher range in other cheaper brands though.

I'd.be interested in this. Usually see low end Bosch recommended at this price point.
Not sure how they compete with slightly higher range in other cheaper brands though.
What has your research suggested? I've just started as my Kenwood seems to have packed up. I'm quite sure it's a blocked pipe but I dare not risk taking out the thing to check as I'm rubbish with any kinda DIY and don't fancy flooding my kitchen at a time when no one will be able to come and save me from drowning!

Blomberg, I have one of their heat pump tumble driers and it is great. Really well built and can be compared with my Bosch dishwasher and very old Miele for build quality, it is worlds in advance of the Indesit (convection) and Hotpoint (heat pump) driers it replaced. 5 years warranty shows they are confident in their products.

I bought this a few months ago. More out of necessity because it was the only one in stock locally and I wasn't prepared to wait, but it's fantastic and does exactly what I want and need it to do.

Fitting it myself was an absolute bastard though.

Blomberg, I have one of their heat pump tumble driers and it is great. Really well built and can be compared with my Bosch dishwasher and very old Miele for build quality, it is worlds in advance of the Indesit (convection) and Hotpoint (heat pump) driers it replaced. 5 years warranty shows they are confident in their products.

Thanks lowmans100. Never heard of this make at all but will definitely take your suggestion and go and do some research. I also have a Euronics round the corner from me so that'll help too.

I bought this a few months ago. More out of necessity because it was the only one in stock locally and I wasn't prepared to wait, but it's fantastic and does exactly what I want and need it to do.

Fitting it myself was an absolute bastard though.

Thanks rusty bon. But Beko! How much trouble you gave me with my old washing machine. But that was a very very long time a go in my uni digs.

And fitting - something i would never ever do myself!

Thanks lowmans100. Never heard of this make at all but will definitely take your suggestion and go and do some research. I also have a Euronics round the corner from me so that'll help too.

Thanks rusty bon. But Beko! How much trouble you gave me with my old washing machine. But that was a very very long time a go in my uni digs.

And fitting - something i would never ever do myself!

I think with kitchen appliances it can be very hit and miss. We've had very expensive premium branded stuff that hasn't lasted, and we've been lucky perhaps with cheaper brands.

With the integrated appliances appearances aren't even an issue... Features are more important.

I can't vouch for how long the Beko will last, but the very expensive Bosch it replaced lasted 8 years with two very expensive repairs over the years.

Neither had I, they are a German brand like Bosch and Miele now owed by a Turkish company, I don't think they have been trading in the UK for long.

"Blomberg is a brand name, owned by the Turkish company Arçelik, which makes home appliances, including dishwashers. Before being purchased by Arçelik, Blomberg was a long-time German maker of appliances, being a technology innovator that stressed water conservation, energy efficiency, and high performance characteristics one can find in other European dishwasher brands such as Miele and Bosch."

Edit: Blomberg is only sold through Euronics franchises, I got mine from applianceelectronics.co.uk, the advertised price included delivery, fitting and taking away the old appliance.

Last edited:
I think with kitchen appliances it can be very hit and miss. We've had very expensive premium branded stuff that hasn't lasted, and we've been lucky perhaps with cheaper brands.

With the integrated appliances appearances aren't even an issue... Features are more important.

I can't vouch for how long the Beko will last, but the very expensive Bosch it replaced lasted 8 years with two very expensive repairs over the years.

Absolutely agree. Also, the more technology they have the more that can go wrong with them. But above all, it also depends on how you look after your stuff. Just this morning we were talking about a sandwich maker I have which is about 20+ years old. Still going strong and making some banging sardines.

Neither had I, they are a German brand like Bosch and Miele now owed by a Turkish company, I don't think they have been trading in the UK for long.

"Blomberg is a brand name, owned by the Turkish company Arçelik, which makes home appliances, including dishwashers. Before being purchased by Arçelik, Blomberg was a long-time German maker of appliances, being a technology innovator that stressed water conservation, energy efficiency, and high performance characteristics one can find in other European dishwasher brands such as Miele and Bosch."

Thanks lowman's. An ex-German company sounds good to me.

Last edited:
Absolutely agree. Also, the more technology they have the more that can go wrong with them. But above all, it also depends on how you look after your stuff. Just this morning we were talking about a sandwich maker I have which is about 20+ years old. Still going strong and making some banging sardines.

Thanks lawman's. An ex-German company sounds good to me.
I have a George Foreman grill I bought in 2007 and use weekly and it's as good as new. The type with the dishwasher proof removable plates. Best £40 I ever spent!

PS I meant sarnies. I'm one of those hemp and sandal wearing tree hugger types :laugh:

I had a Kenwood free-standing slimline dishwasher, it lasted just under 2 years and I’ve never ever prayed that something I’ve bought would breakdown so quickly so I could get shot of it because this washer was the worst piece of domestic rubbish I’ve ever bought and can’t even find one good thing say about that machine.

Replaced 5 months ago by a Beko machine that actually cleans dishes and very pleased with it but only time will tell how long it last but if it cleans dishes for at least 2 years I’d be happy after the nightmare that is a Kenwood dishwasher however not to sound so negative about Kenwood they do make make very good food mixers and if it’s the same manufacture perhaps they should think about sticking to food mixers. :)

Thanks KayCS. I've always said the price of an item doesn't necessarily make it any better or worse. It's all down to whether it does what it should, quality and longevity.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom