Disney + coming to Sky

I’m not paying to read the telegraph lol , I’ll find another link to the article 👍

Keep in mind, while handy to have within one solution (like Netflix), Disney + will have loads of HDR titles....assuming with an integrated cost, you can continue to use a separate Disney + app for HDR viewing.
Will be interesting to see if it’s separate under on ultimate on demand or under movies ...

Logic would suggest they would increase the cost of "Ultimate on Demand", and essentially roll your Disney+ bill into their bill; the same way they did with Netflix.

But then Sky haven't always followed logic.

I'll likely use the TV app, so that I can get HDR. But my better half watches Netflix via SkyQ, because she finds it "easier"; whereas I prefer the TV app, again for the HDR experience.

All of this could be mitigated by Sky pulling their finger out and implementing HDR. But then they would likely put the prices up, which are already a joke and increasingly hard to justify in the current 'content economy'.

Last edited:
What percentage of people know what HDR is amongst the general public tho, I doubt it is anywhere near the top of Sky's to do list tbh.

Last edited:
Not me.:D

What percentage of people know what HDR is amongst the general public tho, I doubt it is anywhere near the top of Sky's to do list tbh.

People do tend to make their TV purchasing decisions by what features are or aren't present on a TV.

So even though they don't know what it is, HDR has become a "tick box" item for people when they shop for a TV.

Plus with other TV providers offering HDR broadcasts; for Sky to not offer it, makes Sky look like they are missing a feature, rather than the others have the feature.

Which with their other ongoing issues (loss of sporting events, loss of movie exclusives, loss of TV shows, etc), their "premium" tag is slipping away. They need to do something to keep their service appealing, or people will drop them in favour of juggling streaming services.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom