Hi how works expressvpn to Apple TV? Can you explain to me?
Thanks.

A VPN connects you to a server in the location you choose. It gives you a IP address that appears to be in the country you choose. and also encrypts the data so it is completely secure. Even your ISP cannot see what you are streaming

You should always use one when using public WiFi to say login to online banking.

Attachments

• aladdin-4K-audio.jpg
    aladdin-4K-audio.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 151
  • Aladdin-4K.jpg
    Aladdin-4K.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 451
The easiest solution for accessing us content on Disney+ or Netflix is using a smart dns (I'd recommend dns4me) , it's less intrusive than a VPN and is only used for the services you tell it to use it for and it doesn't slow your connection down as much as a VPN

The easiest solution for accessing us content on Disney+ or Netflix is using a smart dns (I'd recommend dns4me) , it's less intrusive than a VPN and is only used for the services you tell it to use it for and it doesn't slow your connection down as much as a VPN

Thanks. Un/fortunately I tested NordVPN, which works well as an app on Fire Tv. Annoyingly iTunes aren’t taking the 7 day trial that the app said as gospel so charged me for the year, at a non-discounted rate. Any who, mail sent to iTu in the hope they refund me. But can recommend NordVPN.

Annoyingly no 4K or Atmos on my 2016 fire tv 4K.

so will try the dns solution

Thanks for dns4me. Works really well. Realised not getting UHD on Apple TV 4K confirmed with the Developer menu and playback hud turned on, but getting 1080p and Atmos. Anyone manage to get UHD?

My 3600 has also stopped displaying Atmos for ATV programmes listed as having it..

I tried the toggle trick and killing the app but no joy.

Has everyone that had the same issue still got it?

I've been right through all the Star Wars movies that are listed with Atmos but all just show as 'M IN +DSurround' when played

Then tried 'Amazing Stories' which shows Atmos on the AVR fine....

Strange.....

Last edited:
My 3600 has also stopped displaying Atmos for ATV programmes listed as having it..

I tried the toggle trick and killing the app but no joy.

Has everyone that had the same issue still got it?

I've been right through all the Star Wars movies that are listed with Atmos but all just show as 'M IN +DSurround' when played

Then tried 'Amazing Stories' which shows Atmos on the AVR fine....

Strange.....
'Amazing Stories' is an ATV+ series not Disney which is why it has Atmos. Disney have dropped Atmos for the time being on all EU services to reduce bandwidth as has been mentioned previously.

Thanks for dns4me. Works really well. Realised not getting UHD on Apple TV 4K confirmed with the Developer menu and playback hud turned on, but getting 1080p and Atmos. Anyone manage to get UHD?

I have using a 4K firestick and a US VPN.

Attachments

• aladdin-4K-audio.jpg
    aladdin-4K-audio.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Aladdin-4K.jpg
    Aladdin-4K.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 141
Have you enabled the dev menu on the FireTv? Hold centre, then down as well for 4 seconds then release and press menu button. Then turn on system X-ray. When your play a video it will tell you the real resolution you’re getting. I can get Atmos on the Apple TV, and it’s requesting 4k, but it’s only serving 1080p. All normal gui elements indicate 4k but it’s not.

Another one on the Atmos theme, we watched Ironman last night, Picture quality was great in DV but the sound was very low and had to really ramp up the volume to even hear things.

Have they done this to save bitrate or something ?

Another one on the Atmos theme, we watched Ironman last night, Picture quality was great in DV but the sound was very low and had to really ramp up the volume to even hear things.

Have they done this to save bitrate or something ?
Nope, that's just the terrible Disney Atmos remixes

Just signed up. No Atmos for me either, via Apple TV4k. Tried to disable/enable Atmos & restart ATV. Didn’t work.

Atmos works on Netflix...

Chatting to Disney Support now...

Just signed up. No Atmos for me either, via Apple TV4k. Tried to disable/enable Atmos & restart ATV. Didn’t work.

Atmos works on Netflix...

Chatting to Disney Support now...
There is no Atmos on UK Disney+ at the moment due to bandwidth restrictions. You need to use a DNS service and log into US Disney+.

There is no Atmos on UK Disney+ at the moment due to bandwidth restrictions. You need to use a DNS service and log into US Disney+.
I thought that may be the case, which I why I asked the support person that very question, but they said it wasn’t a factor (clearly ill informed), so I wasted at least another 20 minutes as they raised it with their superio & came back to me with news they will escalate it...

I thought that may be the case, which I why I asked the support person that very question, but they said it wasn’t a factor (clearly ill informed), so I wasted at least another 20 minutes as they raised it with their superio & came back to me with news they will escalate it...
Disney originally said the bandwidth reduction would be for 30 days so it wll be interesting to see if it all goes back to normal this weekend.

Disney originally said the bandwidth reduction would be for 30 days so it wll be interesting to see if it all goes back to normal this weekend.
Ahh, my timing is the worst!

Although, this is my last week of holidays, so it was always going to be my Disney+ binge week...

I've just received six months' free D+ from O2. Any sign of these restrictions going live yet? I'm actually waiting for the new Apple TV 4K rumoured to be coming out this year (as the iPhone SE seems to have launched without problem, I see no reason to doubt it other than the surplus of the current model they must have lying about to sell [obviously at full price as it's Apple] first), so although I have the 4K HDR + Atmos gear, I currently lack an means to actually stream it (in 4K anyway). So until the new ATV comes out I can only use my PS4 or Mac Mini to stream it, neither of which will deliver Atmos or HDR (I believe). My Panasonic TV doesn't have an app for it at all.

So anyway, it's not really urgent for me, but any sign of these restrictions being lifted yet? :)

Are iTunes HDR / Atmos movies still working as normal (albeit maybe at slightly reduced bitrates)?

Cheers

Rob

So anyway, it's not really urgent for me, but any sign of these restrictions being lifted yet? :)

Are iTunes HDR / Atmos movies still working as normal (albeit maybe at slightly reduced bitrates)?

Cheers

Rob
No sign of the restrictions being lifted yet.

The iTunes movies aren't affected by the restrictions so no problem there but I do wish Apple would fix the Dolby Vision problem that's been going on for over 4 months now.

I do wish Apple would fix the Dolby Vision problem that's been going on for over 4 months now.

What problem's that? My TV is HDR10 (and HDR10+, for what it's worth) only, so my understanding is the ATV actually converts DV into HDR. Would I be affected in any way?

Cheers

Rob

Still no Dolby Atoms for Disney + users in UK streamed through Apple TV 4K.
😠

Slightly off topic, sorry, but are any of you able to please tell me if Disney+ (and BritBox too) is included in Apple TV’s default Search app and Siri in the UK?

The below link seems to suggest it doesn’t, but it’s not been updated since February, I think. I know both have been out a lot longer there, but if you click on the US both are listed as searchable in the ATV’s main interface. If Disney+ in particular is missing from this, is there a reason or is it likely to be updated do we think?

About Search on your Apple TV

Thanks

Rob

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom