Disney Plus Top 10 Things You Can't Miss - article discussion

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Jeff Goldblum is off his trolley, in a good way.

DV for Marvel and recent star wars?

I've always loved empire of dreams ...which in my opinion is the best making of doc on the original star wars trilogy..but there certainly is more content if you dig for it. Is the mandolorian dropping a few episodes a week?

Clone Wars was literally the first thing I watched on D+. It's so great.

Also, it's always nice to see some love for The Rocketeer

But come on, Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends? When Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is right there? Actually just watch both.

Personal recommendation from D+
JOHN CARTER

Personal recommendation from D+
JOHN CARTER
Perhaps Disney thinks that lower quality picture & sound makes it seem a better picture? :D

Really pleased with the content on Disney+
As a family we are big Disney fans and have most films on disc, however being able to watch what we want individually at any time is excellent.
Been waiting a long time for some more episodes of the clone wars. Always liked the animation style, it benefits from being Watched on a decent screen and a decent sound system. They next on my watch list.
The mandalorian was very enjoyable.

So on my C8 got the app flicked around and decided to watch Pirates of the Caribbean (first movie aka curse of the black perl) as it said it would be 4K and even the Dolby Vision logo came up when the movie started on the C8.

Even my wife said the colors are lacking and in my view the contrast is far worse... I remember the "Red Jackets" the British wearing being nice and red but on Disney+ they looked dull and muted.

I am not expecting a Remastered UHD 4K blueray but after some google here and there maybe my eyes are not just playing tricks on me and disney did not put much love into the conversion process.
Here is a youtube video showing it but I swear it looks worse on the C8 when actually streaming (maybe because the C8 is processing it as Dolby Vision also but that is not the C8 fault :( )

Last edited:
What is Rogue One doing on the list? As apart from Solo it is the worst Star Wars ever released, (It misses everything that the original star wars was about) the original trilogy yes, but Rogue One, that is virtually the lowest you can get in any franchise.

Bill

What is Rogue One doing on the list? As apart from Solo it is the worst Star Wars ever released, (It misses everything that the original star wars was about) the original trilogy yes, but Rogue One, that is virtually the lowest you can get in any franchise.

Bill
I Humbly have to completely disagree with you.

Bill
I'd say Rogue one is the 3rd best Star Wars out of the complete 9 movie saga

Bill
I humbly agree with you. Hugely overrated. Sad ending doesn't make it any less boring. Last Jedi is the best Star Wars film. Don't @ me.

I'm astounded The Mandalorian is being eeked out weekly. We've waiting months for this to appear in the UK and they're still feeding it out piecemeal. It's just plain silly.

This is a 'what's worth watching thread' - not another 'I didnt sign up because its just for kids thread' or Star Wars or PQ or release schedule moaning thread.

There's so much available on D+ that doesnt pop up on the front page that all recommendations welcome.

I can recommend Frozen II. I'm watching it now.

You're either from the future (neat trick) or watching it in the 'US'. As noted in the article, it doesn't land here until 17th July. Unfortunately, unlike to a certain extent Netflix, I'm guessing there are going to be more 'staggered' releases here, which means we'll probably have to wait even longer for Mandalorian Season 2.

The Imagineering Story is absolutely superb, especially if you enjoy the Disney theme parks. I actually enjoyed it more than The Mandalorian.

I watched episode 1 of The Imagineering Story last night. I've never visited any Disney theme park but enjoyed it thoroughly. Wish I din't have to wait until next week to watch the next episode. It's the kind of documentary series I'd like to binge watch.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom