Disney Plus Top 10 Things You Can't Miss - article discussion

The usual LG app remedies are - long press Home button to bring up running apps and kill an app with the X above, or re-install the app (by removing from the Home menu), or unplug the TV for a while

On the ATV 4K the app can believe it has no Atmos capability which is fixed by killing the app, toggling the Atmos audio setting and restarting the app so that the app then believes Atmos is supported by the device.

Therefore my suggestion would be: kill the D+ app, uninstall the app, switch ARC to PCM, power cycle the TV, switch ARC to Auto, re-install the D+ app

Thanks, sorted, I’d already deleted and reinstalled the app earlier, but switching ARC to PCM then back again fixed it. :smashin:

Decent list there Cas. Remember watching Tron uprising years back but never finishing it so will definitely be starting that again.

Good list of what's missing here if anyone is interested... Big shame on Spidey and Hulk...

That article lists Movies that are not owned by Disney. The journalist has not done there research. Spiderman was purchased by Sony

Could it be that the streaming services are afraid they don't have enough bandwidth to stream at full speed with such a high demand and that's why they are limiting?

If the streaming services fully listened to this idiot, they would all be streaming in just SD. He doesn't get it. If they did that, I think he'd be lynched by now.
This started with Netflix.

IF they did as they were asked and only streamed in SD then they would be extremely hard pressed not so reduce the price for all UHD accounts. But they didn't. They just reduced the bitrate, we so all got "UHD" but in resolution only and thats all Netflix need to refuse refunds. Everyone else just thought/knew, hey that's not bad thinking and jumped on the bandwagon.

Anyway, there a million threads about that where people can moan about it, and people can moan about the people moaning about it.

I've not subbed yet since I'm still waiting on where I will get paid for being laid off. But for Disney films etc this is the service to have (duh, obviously), but it's absolutely not going to replace Netflix, for me at least. No way is Disney going to be able to compete with the diversity of programs on NF. No way are they going to write open checks and leave to the film/TV maker (though this does not always mean good content of course). They are incapable of letting go of anything.

But once I know what happening with my job, and if it's good news, I'm signing up. Sure I'll pay a bit more, but it's still a good price to watch my 2nd Marvel film and watch other 21

How is Star Wars-related rubbish at numbers 1 and 2 on this list? Yawn. I got it for the Disney classic movies, mainly. And my eldest daughter loves ZOMBIES, Descendants and Teen Beach Movie.

I count eight reasons. Clone Wars and The Mandalorian should be under Star Wars :)

I just took out the 7-day free trial. Spent half an hour perusing and the are probably 3-4 films I'll watch. I won't be subscribing...

Yes, but how can Disney list it. It is Sony.

Its an article pointing out missing films from a collection... of which the spidey/hulk films are missing from..... nothing more nothing less... its not demanding answers or saying the reasons are unknown... just listing the films that are missing from the MCU which they are.

Think the article just listed everything in the Disney app! 🤭 Grade C for effort, Grade D for content of the article.

I've watched The Mandalorian up to episode 2, I hope it gets better. This is supposed to be the flagship series, If Im honest its pretty disappointing from what I have watched so far, also not helped by the extremely poor quality audio on it and the fact I have to turn my soundbar up high to get comfortable listening volume.

How are folks finding the Dolby Atmos mixes on the Star Wars films?

I've watched The Mandalorian up to episode 2, I hope it gets better. This is supposed to be the flagship series, If Im honest its pretty disappointing from what I have watched so far, also not helped by the extremely poor quality audio on it and the fact I have to turn my soundbar up high to get comfortable listening volume.
It doesn't. It's mediocre beginning to end. Not bad. Just very average.

Yes. The audio is just poorly mixed, is quiet and lacks presence. It's predominantly in the front two speakers and lacks LFE and dynamic range. It's not, in my opinion, the 'quality' of the audio stream that's the problem – it's just been mixed in a way that's devoid of punch. It sounds 'thin'. The picture also draws from the Solo school of on-screen gloom for a great deal of its screen time – a stylistic choice I despise.

The other thing about The Mandalorian I'm struggling with is it just doesn't feel very Star Wars. Part of that is the music, which is just wrong, wrong, wrong. Another part of it, right from the start, is the alien chap just speaking plain old American English, which feels more Trek than Wars.

How are folks finding the Dolby Atmos mixes on the Star Wars films?
Many of us wont be able to find out for some time yet - they've disabled the Atmos audio tracks (normally 700K+) and are running with possibly 256K 5.1 instead. Streaming Atmos tracks are often at higher bit-rate as well as having the object based benefits.

The video is also compromised so any films we watch now wont be at their best.

Can’t recommend Togo enough as per Cas list. Great film.
Also The Rocketeer I have to agree with as well. Poorly treated on disc by Disney with an anniversary edition US release on Blu containing a trailer as the only extra...:mad: Fantastic lively James Horner score as well

The original Star Wars trilogy looks very good in terms of detail, and even though the colour seems to have been regraded since the Blu-rays, there is certainly not much “HDR-ness” to them in terms of peak brightness.

HDTVtest discussed it here:

I humbly agree with you. Hugely overrated. Sad ending doesn't make it any less boring. Last Jedi is the best Star Wars film. Don't @ me.

I'm astounded The Mandalorian is being eeked out weekly. We've waiting months for this to appear in the UK and they're still feeding it out piecemeal. It's just plain silly.

really - that's a shame. Its the only one I've watched since the original after some suggested it was up there. Complete pants imho. Of course just mho.

Does anyone know if the classic, "One of our Dinosaurs is missing" is on Disney+ yet?

Also got some weird jumping brightness effects on Ep1 of Mandalorian, as if the HDR settings were changing a second into each scene. Hoping its just the bandwidth throttling.....

I had the same and thought I was going mad...haven't watched Ep2 yet, so am hoping it's not a permanent issue...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom