Disney+ UK launch now 24th March - news discussion

Will definitely go for the free week, then see how we go from there.

You missed out that Apple tv+ programs are in HD on Fire tv..

They weren’t for the first week... not sure why the resolution has been reduced.

Is this a broadband package or Disney thread? Just saying....
Anyway I'm with the utility warehouse, oops I meant to ask about the discovery or is it Nat geo? Which is the one that's going on D+ and will it be 4k. I want to watch wicked tuna.

I've never understood how people can complain about having too many services, or the cost. You don't have to subscribe to them all, half of them are reasonably priced and you don't have to watch all the content.

It wasn't until I ran the numbers that I realized that on our household we barely pay for entertainment content, literally the only thing we are paying for is Netflix, all three of the other services we are free (YouTube), part of a bigger subscription (Prime Video) or something we all pay anyway but forget we do when we talk about video streaming services pricing ( the TV licence for BBC iPlayer).

Its unlikely to be. Looking at See both the bit-rate and the care in the DV mastering are obvious. But the HDR reports for Mando and the SW films have been less encouraging. So D+ is still the best option at the moment for seeing Marvel, SW, Pixar etc films in 4K but there is plenty room for improvement. I'm 100% streaming for 4K this time round but it will be interesting to see if the SW UHD disks are any better.

The Mandalorian looked better in SDR than the pointless HDR pass they put out. They need to up their game. Apple TV looks phenomenal

The Mandalorian looked better in SDR than the pointless HDR pass they put out. They need to up their game. Apple TV looks phenomenal
That is depressing

I emailed Panasonic support about the possibility of a Disney+ app - not much of a response :(

"Thank you for your e-mail.

In response to your query, I would like to inform you that if those apps are going to come into Panasonic TV's It's going to be announced on our website.
I trust that the above information will be of assistance to you.

However, of course, if you should have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us."

I emailed Panasonic support about the possibility of a Disney+ app - not much of a response :(

"Thank you for your e-mail.

In response to your query, I would like to inform you that if those apps are going to come into Panasonic TV's It's going to be announced on our website.
I trust that the above information will be of assistance to you.

However, of course, if you should have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us."

The Tech Support people are often the very last to know. Often there are contractual arrangements that stop companies discussing such things in public ahead of time. It's probably a just a bit too early.

Regards,
James.

The Tech Support people are often the very last to know. Often there are contractual arrangements that stop companies discussing such things in public ahead of time. It's probably a just a bit too early.

Regards,
James.

I know but thought it was worth a try. Panasonic Support were actually quite clued up when it came to fixes to the "cracklegate" issue with the TVs. Am sure it will appear as I believe Britbox has done so no reason Disney wouldn't.

I know but thought it was worth a try. Panasonic Support were actually quite clued up when it came to fixes to the "cracklegate" issue with the TVs. Am sure it will appear as I believe Britbox has done so no reason Disney wouldn't.
Sorry for going off topic but is BritBox available for LG TVs? I looked the other day and couldn’t see it.

Panasonic doesn’t have NowTV which is a pretty big miss. Do Panasonic have a Disney Plus app in the Netherlands where it is already live?

Looking forward to this here in Spain too. I currently watch Prime via my Xbox so hoping to be able to do this with Disney+ or am I reaching here?

Looking forward to this here in Spain too. I currently watch Prime via my Xbox so hoping to be able to do this with Disney+ or am I reaching here?

I think it's launched on Xbox One in USA so should be the same in Europe too. They are also in talks to be carried on Movistar, Vodafone & Orange services in Spain.

I'd expect it'll be on the Xbox as PlayStation 4 already has the Disney+ app via VPN/DNS.

Eagerly awaiting Disney back catalogue for our 4yr old daughter, but if like simpsons are not included in UK one and other things then I will have second thoughts!
Hope there is a app LG tv's and apple box to.

Absolutely! The one that I can see losing out is the overpriced and vastly overrated sky TV.

Agreed. When we moved house we were offered BT fibre to the home and the TV service for £5...given that most of my viewing is Netflix/Prime/catchup (other than discs), we dropped the Sky package and I can't say that I've missed it at all

I'll stick to my SkyQ with sports now BT sports are included, have Prime for the free delivery and Netflix £3 a month deal with Sky. Disney really has nothing to offer me I can't find online.

I'll stick to my SkyQ with sports now BT sports are included, have Prime for the free delivery and Netflix £3 a month deal with Sky. Disney really has nothing to offer me I can't find online.

Ah yes I forgot that I have Netflix included with my Sky Boxsets which saves a bit. We do use Sky a lot so won’t be getting rid of it but of course it’s the go to place for Disney stuff atm so I’m very interested to see how that changes.

Very possible that Sky Q could get the Disney app like it has Netflix etc... with a new deal. Only issue there is no HDR/DV which is a must for me.

Ah yes I forgot that I have Netflix included with my Sky Boxsets which saves a bit. We do use Sky a lot so won’t be getting rid of it but of course it’s the go to place for Disney stuff atm so I’m very interested to see how that changes.

Very possible that Sky Q could get the Disney app like it has Netflix etc... with a new deal. Only issue there is no HDR/DV which is a must for me.

There is still no word on what sky will be losing from their library but I would assume Disney will make most, if not all, of their content exclusive to their app. Things like HDR and DV are not used by me with my modest setup of Sky soundbar only, but appreciate it will affect those with more expensive TV and set up's like yourself. The Disney+ app on the SkyQ box is in the pipeline I hear but doubt it will be ready by launch.

£59.99 a year is worth it for the 4K Marvel content alone in all honesty!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom