DIY Centre Channel Speaker Build

QuinnerEP

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I plan on building my own centre channel speaker and I am currently in the process of choosing my components. (This is probably a very stupid q but...) Would my Onkyo HT-R380 be able to power these components. I have attached a list of my components below as well as the spec sheet for my receiver.
Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 6.11.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 6.08.49 PM.png

This is going to sound harsh, but it will save you a lot of time and effort, what you have linked will likely sound horrible. There is an awful lot that goes into building speakers.

Firstly selecting components that compliment each other well to reflect the intended goals, measurements of said drivers in said cab, and then crossover design and experimentation, to ensure the drivers work best with each other and produce a flat response.

You’ve linked 4 low sensitivity woofers, 1 high sensitivity horn and a 3 way crossover, what is the proposed driver layout, and where do you plan to implement the 3 way crossover?

Based on the parts you have linked, something from DIY sound group in the states would be a better DIY option. All the hard work is done, all you need to do is solder and assemble!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom