Do I get the LG 43UM7450PLA 43"?

DonJorginho

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I am currently stuck between two TVs from Tesco to serve as a cheap and big screen for gaming and cinema.

The two models are a Sharp 40AJ6KE 40 inch Smart 4K UHD TV (£219) and a Toshiba 40L2863DB 40 inch FHD Smart TV (£220)

Sharp Manual: http://www.umc-uk.co.uk/instruction-manuals/Sharp/Universal Manuals/SHA-MAN-0395 NEW CHIPSET v10_web.pdf

Sharp Specifications: http://www.umc-uk.co.uk/instruction...4T-40AJ6KE1FB/SHA-QSW-0120_40AJ6KE_v3_web.pdf

Toshiba User Manual: https://toshiba-tv.com/pdf/84ec8b384d88a7945718750b53caccee/35/40l2863db.pdf

The Sharp is an UMC offbrand and the Toshiba is a Vestel offbrand.

Which one would you suggest is better for my needs, as am looking for something to last me at least 2 years so am thinking of the PS5 which will run at 4K 60fps as the industry norm so keep that in mind!

Am looking to buy one tomorrow so any help ASAP would be much appreciated!

I’d get this instead:

Yes I wouldn't touch any UMC/Vestel made TVs like those sharps and go for the cheapest named brand you can afford. The Hisense mentioned above would be my choice, and TCL also make some cheaper models too.

Any UHD TV is capable of 60hz at UHD and any is suited well for gaming. Having too high input lag on a TV is a thing of the past.

What I will say is the cheapest available models from Hisense and TCL have narrow viewing angles and only average amounts of motion blur. If you want an improvement in these areas you should look at entry level TVs from LG instead.

More on that here:
And full recommendations here:

The last thing to be aware of is HDR. Most TVs are marketed now as being HDR capable, but all this means is the TV can accept a HDR signal. For gaming in HDR on the PS4 pro or in the future with the PS5 you will need to spend a lot more money to enjoy HDR. The starter TVs that can display HDR without problems and to a decent standard are much larger and cost a lot more money. So you should buy this TV on the premise it will be for SDR only.

Yes I wouldn't touch any UMC/Vestel made TVs like those sharps and go for the cheapest named brand you can afford. The Hisense mentioned above would be my choice, and TCL also make some cheaper models too.

Any UHD TV is capable of 60hz at UHD and any is suited well for gaming. Having too high input lag on a TV is a thing of the past.

What I will say is the cheapest available models from Hisense and TCL have narrow viewing angles and only average amounts of motion blur. If you want an improvement in these areas you should look at entry level TVs from LG instead.

More on that here:
And full recommendations here:

The last thing to be aware of is HDR. Most TVs are marketed now as being HDR capable, but all this means is the TV can accept a HDR signal. For gaming in HDR on the PS4 pro or in the future with the PS5 you will need to spend a lot more money to enjoy HDR. The starter TVs that can display HDR without problems and to a decent standard are much larger and cost a lot more money. So you should buy this TV on the premise it will be for SDR only.

@Dodgexander I got a refund on this TV and am thinking of getting the LG 43UM7450PLA 43" Smart 4K HDR instead, would you say that is a much better choice?

@Dodgexander I got a refund on this TV and am thinking of getting the LG 43UM7450PLA 43" Smart 4K HDR instead, would you say that is a much better choice?
I'm not sure what the TV is you returned, or what you are looking for from a TV. You should read the opening post in my guide here: My best value TVs, 2019-2020 Edition which should explain the basics when it comes to choosing a TV, the most important decision is in a link I posted in my last reply here, which panel type to choose.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom