Doctor Who - Series 12 (2020)

@Spooksta What did you want from it or were hoping for?
Girl in the fireplace. 👍
Or something radically different than the last 15 years of mediocre episodes with the odd good one.
Too many companions and that sonic driver should have been shoved where the sun don’t shine long ago.
I could go on like why are the doctors always talking like their out of breath. Rush here rush there. I just hope for change I suppose.
Not for me so I don’t watch 😜

Last edited:
Girl in the fireplace. 👍
Or something radically different than the last 15 years of mediocre episodes with the odd good one.
Too many companions and that sonic driver should have been shoved where the sun don’t shine long ago.
I could go on like why are the doctors always talking like their out of breath. Rush here rush there. I just hope for change I suppose.
Not for me so I don’t watch 😜

Totally agree on all your points

The sonic screwdriver can now do almost anything. Wouldn't be surprised if with one swipe it can fix the engine of a clapped out 1980 Renault 5 and fix a brew at the same time. Ridiculous the way they've turned this gadget into a fix all for everything. Just becoming ridiculous.

a big surprise :eek: next episode rumoured :rolleyes:

not wrong about tonight :eek:
HE'S BACK

fd.gif

In just a few minutes Jo Martin as the doctor nailed the role more than JW has managed in her time.

Last edited:
So.... Just three episodes after Lenny Henry said the BBC would never allow a black Doctor, we now have a black female Doctor.

And JAAAAACK is back! Spent half the episode with a daft grin on my face - well, up till the reveal anyway, when I started yelling no no no at the screen. Please don't go rewriting the Doctors past. With a crayon. Brain Of Morbius is not an episode to remember fondly.

However, have to agree with the post above - Martin nailed being The Doctor (if she actually is...) in seconds better than Jodie has in two years. Maybe that will be a wakeup call for JW - buck up and grow a character, or there may be a banana skin and face plant into the TARDIS console in your near future, Colin Baker style.

So.... Just three episodes after Lenny Henry said the BBC would never allow a black Doctor, we now have a black female Doctor.

And JAAAAACK is back! Spent half the episode with a daft grin on my face - well, up till the reveal anyway, when I started yelling no no no at the screen. Please don't go rewriting the Doctors past. With a crayon. Brain Of Morbius is not an episode to remember fondly.

However, have to agree with the post above - Martin nailed being The Doctor (if she actually is...) in seconds better than Jodie has in two years. Maybe that will be a wakeup call for JW - buck up and grow a character, or there may be a banana skin and face plant into the TARDIS console in your near future, Colin Baker style.
Maybe not a rewrite. Is she an alternate dimension Doctor?

Bri

Yes!! now we’re getting somewhere... I knew this series would bring the you know who enemies, not the ones in tonight’s episode, into it, and no doubt the Dalek’s will feature at some point as usual, or maybe not?
but I wasn’t expecting a second you know what and great to see the flamboyant you know who back after what seems like years!

How ever... if history repeats itself, if they go down the road of a story with the you know who enemies in it, it usual means a lot of deaths and possibly the Dr’s assistants or the Doc themselves dying! Hmmm start those rumours..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes!! now we’re getting somewhere... I knew this series would bring the you know who into it, and no doubt the Daley’s will feature at some point as usual, or maybe not?
but I wasn’t expecting a second you know what and great to see the flamboyant you know who back after what seems like years!

Yep it was almost a hijack.

Bri

Yep it was almost a hijack.

Bri

It’s certainly going to be interesting how well they do all this actually, I mean a brand new team and we’ve had The Master, looks like one of the most iconic enemies will feature and mr flamboyant in the series! Plus a series that looks like it’ll have as many twists and turns and surprises as when we had the the Bad Wolf idea or The Sound Of Drums story with The Master.

Compared to the last series it’s already turning out to be a little bit iconic..

If there can be a doctor in another timeline can't there be another Gallifrey, Time Lords etc?

And yeah,

the black, female Dr was a lot better than ours. How come we get the crap one?

Does she not have anyone with her? Why not?

And yeah,

the black, female Dr was a lot better than ours. How come we get the crap one?

Does she not have anyone with her? Why not?

She did, he was killed by Gat

Thought this episode was pretty reasonable, best this season.

Cheers,

Nigel

The best episode of the series so far. Lets hope they keep it up.

After such a mediocre start they suddenly hit us with this "What the hell is happening episode?". I loved it. As I said before it's the best Jodie and Chris have given us. I hated most of the Capaldi era. The series just seemed to have run out of steam and I feared it was happening again but this has reawakened my interest. I'm not at all sure where it's going but I now really want to know where that is. I might be buying the blu after all.

Bri

After such a mediocre start they suddenly hit us with this "What the hell is happening episode?". I loved it. As I said before it's the best Jodie and Chris have given us. I hated most of the Capaldi era. The series just seemed to have run out of steam and I feared it was happening again but this has reawakened my interest. I'm not at all sure where it's going but I now really want to know where that is. I might be buying the blu after all.

Bri

I think the problem with the Capaldi era is that the BBC were under pressure to have a female doctor but they didn’t have the guts to do it at that time. So instead they made a proxy doctor by focussing on his companion and turning the series into the Clara Oswald show. It was some time before the reins were handed across to Capaldi and by that time the damage had been done.

Cheers,

Nigel

She did, he was killed by Gat

Thought this episode was pretty reasonable, best this season.

Cheers,

Nigel
Aah missed a bit of it, was washing up. I'll watch it again at some point.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom