Does anyone have Dolby Atmos Test tones on MKV

Killak

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, hope you're all keeping safe!

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I'm looking for some specific Atmos test material on an MKV. Im looking for a video which says "Front Left", "Front Right", "Rear Surround Right" etc or something to that effect so I can make sure the sound is being decoded properly

Reason being, I have some Atmos films on my plex media server (Stored on a NAS drive) and I feel that the sound doesn't always come though the correct corresponding speakers. For example, I have the official Dolby Atmos BluRay disk and when I play the "Amaze" trailer though my BluRay player, the part where is says "Full 360 Sound" on the screen, I can hear the bird fly in a circle around me, anticlockwise starting from my back left speaker.

I also have that exact same trailer which I downloaded in an MKV file. But, when I play that through Plex, the bird gets kinda stuck behind me rather than flying round in a circle.

All other non Atmos files seem to play correctly. So need to do some investigating...

If anyone has that type of file and can send it to me, that would be much appreciated!

First test the test tones for each channel in your AVR, there's normally a test tone button next to each channel.

You can download tones direct from Dolby here as an mp4

Hi, when playing the test tones via my AVR it works as it should. Also it works correctly when playing test tones via my BluRay.

It seems to be only a problem when playing via Plex via the Network. Which is why I need a test tones which I can play through Plex via the network. Like I said, it doesn't sound right when playing it this way, but just want to confirm that its not right via test tones where it will isolate one speaker at a time.

You won't be able to find that becuase Atmos is object based and not channel based. Your processor decides where to send the audio signal based on the speaker layout you tell it you have. The placement of audio is not inherently decoded into atmos as opposed to all of the previous surround formats.

bump.. anyone got any external test tones?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom