Does anyone have or is considering an Anthem MRX 520

JEDIBLADE

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've been having a look at these and they seem to fit the bill, I'm after amp that can do 5.1, not bothered about atmos, has 2.2 HDMI and has excellent sound quality for stereo and 5.1. At the price it is I would hope the sound quality would be right up there with the best?

I've been having a look at these and they seem to fit the bill, I'm after amp that can do 5.1, not bothered about atmos, has 2.2 HDMI and has excellent sound quality for stereo and 5.1. At the price it is I would hope the sound quality would be right up there with the best?
I am also considering the Anthem 520 as not happy with stereo sound from Yamaha RX-A860, also no interest in Atmos etc.

The anthems do have a very good 2ch stereo reproduction. I have the 310 with an emotiva power amp. Before the anthem I had the Yamaha A-s700 stereo amplifier and a Cambridge Audio 740c cd player with rather big floor standers. The anthem does a very good job with 2ch and the room correction plays a big part. I found the 310 on its own with my floor standers did a god job.

Going Atmos it's a toss up with the MRX-720 and the Arcam AVR-550 for me, however the exchange rate is not doing Anthem any favours and I think the Arcam may now be better value for money. May need to do an AB comparison.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom