Question Does Onkyo TX-NR808 have analogue or optical audio out?

raztec

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I've got a sound bar that only has the ability to take optical or analogue audio in. I can't seem to find any such audio out on my Onkyo TX-NR808.

Does anyone know how I can use this receiver to output audio through the soundbar?

Thx a bunch
Raz

Last edited:
A sound bar is not designed to work with an avr. They are a stand-alone system that would be connected direct to tv or source.

A sound bar is not designed to work with an avr. They are a stand-alone system that would be connected direct to tv or source.

Ok. That explains it.

Are all sound bars like that?

Ok. That explains it.

Are all sound bars like that?

There are a few passive soundbars on the market that include the front left, right and centre speaker within a single cabinet. One example would be the Monitor Audio SB2 and SB3:

Soundbar Series

You'd use conventional speaker wire from the associated terminals on the receiver to such a passive soundbar.

Most soundbars are not passive though and are intended to be used as self contained units with the audio processing and the amplification integral to the soundbar. Such soundbars are intended to be used as an alternative to an AV receiver and speakers as opposed to being used alongside or in conjunction with an AV receiver.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom