dog attack in USA

These devil dogs are an abomination and there is no excuse for them.

The mailman's injuries from such a prolonged attack may well render him unfit for his duties now - we don't know, but you cannot have a foot problem in work like that. You'd also need fully functioning hands, especially if part of his duty is the prep work. In a place like Detroit, the man is unlikely to find other work, anytime soon, not at least work as decently paid and secure.

I must say I'm a bit surprised at the hesitancy of those who helped. Eventually yes, we saw the dog being hit by the blunt force of the car tool, whatever it was. But it just shows you, the nature and capability of these dogs, to disregard interference and pain, once it is in attack mode and fixated upon what it jaws are locked on. Someone should've just brought out a big knife and stuck it in its throat. For pitys sake folks, a human being's mobilty/dexterity and livlihood was at stake. Compared to this, the dog is NOTHING.

There really really is no excuse for awful dogs like this.

If I was there ...........
well, noone really knows till they're in it, but I'm sure I wouldn't waste my time trying to wrestle with it. If I was that car driver, I hope I would have had the presence of mind to simply use the vehicle. Literally, line in it up with the dog and burst it with the weight of the car. If I wasn't sure about avoiding the mailman's limb in question ( being a lhd car ) I'd go down the street a bit, three point turn and line up, leaning out the window to ensure correct allignment.

Its clear cut. The mailman is everything and the dog is nothing. You burst it and crush it with the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
In fact, if I had my way, I'd round up ALL these kind of devil-dogs and do away with them.

Picture a vintage steam roller engine, you know an old "puffing Billy" traction engine / road roller type thing that you see at vintage vehicle rallies.

Picture a long red v.i.p. carpet in front of a stadium of people and picture the road roller heading towards it from the side. Driver, in his Fred Dibnah style cloth cap, looks out to the side as he turns the big spinning wheel thing to manouvre his machine to be true in line to the red carpet.

All along the v.i.p. carpet are condemned devil-dogs, glued in place.

DSC05360_web-res-sml_0046.jpg

Squash them ! Squash them !

TO DEATH !!!! :mad:

If possible I always try to cross the road whenever I see one. If not possible I'll pass but give as wide a berth as possible.

My Dad was bitten my a mental Alsatian (it was chained up in a nearby garage lock up, but it broke loose one day) when I was a kid. I've also been bitten twice by different dogs.

If one bit me (or any of my family) now I'd stamp on it until it's guts came out of it's arse.

I have no time for them, less time for their idiotic owners.

In fact, if I had my way, I'd round up ALL these kind of devil-dogs and do away with them.

Picture a vintage steam roller engine, you know an old "puffing Billy" traction engine / road roller type thing that you see at vintage vehicle rallies.

Picture a long red v.i.p. carpet in front of a stadium of people and picture the road roller heading towards it from the side. Driver, in his Fred Dibnah style cloth cap, looks out to the side as he turns the big spinning wheel thing to manouvre his machine to be true in line to the red carpet.

Luckily, we don't have it your way

upload_2019-2-28_13-46-28.png

Can we do this with people we don't like? Like certain AVF members for instance....?

half german shepherd and half border collie. Although its been suggested there maybe some Rottie in him due to the colouring above the eyes..

Gordon Setters have brown above the eyes like that. Easy way to check. Lift up the ears and if you can't see all the way through then it's not a Gordon.

Gordon Setters have brown above the eyes like that. Easy way to check. Lift up the ears and if you can't see all the way through then it's not a Gordon.
Is it too late to change my 12 year old son's name to Gordon Setter?

Our Cocker has been attacked three times. Once was by a Golden Retriever when both dogs were on leads and in a Kennel Club dog show. Dog was subsequently banned from showing. The second was out on a walk and a Kerry Blue Terrier attacked her. I managed to kick it several times so it didn't touch her the owner eventually turning up and saying he only wanted to play. Any that knows Kerry Blues know that they can be vicious.

Now this week she's been attacked by a Dobermann/Greyhound cross. Again this dog was not on the lead and our Cocker, she pushing 11 years of age now, was on her lead. Dog went for her face but the wife managed to get between them. Again the owner said he's never done that before. Now today we learnt that he has attacked three other dogs in the park. Everytime he gone for a dog on a lead.

As a result the wife is going to buy a cannister of compressed air that gives off an extremely loud sound when she can direct at that particular dog. The owner of that dog completely ignores the ''Dogs must be on a load at all times'' signs in the park.

I only have a problem with dogs that are a danger to humanity and cats, otherwise I'm fairly neutral about them - apart from the issue of dogs plops in the street of course.

Indeed there are a few that I actually like, especially if they are clean and you are beside them, interacting with them.

There also certain types of dogs that are highly amusing. Sausage Dogs for example, can be hilarious. Yorkshire Terriers also make me smile as every time I see one matted in the rain I picture them on the end of a short mop handle as a lavvy brush.

Surely someone in one of the houses had a knife, i would have just stabbed in the head or throat, anyone watch the other dog attack video on that little boy after, was bad as well.

I might have been a bit harsh, as i was bitten badly as a kid, and still scared of dogs now a bit.

Last edited:
And guns are perfectly safe in the right hands too. The dog in the video is not sweet and is not cool. Which is down to the owner, but you have to treat it as what it is. (The dog in the video I hasten to add).

Yes...The owner, stupid people should not be allowed to breed.

I like dogs but I don't like dog owners a lot of the time, a lot of the time they make excuses for bad behaviour but are just lying to themselves.

The less said about those owners who train their dogs to be some sort of home security or attack dog the better!

With this video I value human life over animal life so would have put that dog down if possible(& the owner)

My dog was attacked by a bull terrier type dog last week. Was over the park with my 3 dogs, all off lead. Out of nowhere, this dog is by my dogs sniffing around. I went to put my dogs on lead, when it went for the smallest of my dogs, an 11yo shitzu/bijon. The owner arrived (dog had escaped house), their dog was latched on to my dog and wouldn't release Finally let go when I got it in a choke hold (don't know if that did it, or the switch was just flipped off)
Done over £500 damage to my boy ,looks like I won't be getting reimbursed without going legal.
I reported to dog warden but wonder if too late to report to Police?
Owner hasn't learned anything, big fence outside house, but gate still left wide open.
My other dog a staffie cross did nothing, not a vicious bone in her body.

I should say that I don't move towards the dog, I let them come to me, just sinking to one knee and presenting the back of my hand - it's up to the dog whether they want to interact.

That was my theory with the Border Collie next door to my mate's, 4 hours in A&E, 12 steri strips and a tetanus jab later I got home in time for tea. Now I don't go near strange dogs and move away if they come near me :D

On the other hand, why approach a dog you don't know in the first place?
And seeing as you don't know it, why go down to its level, which puts your face nearer to the toothy bit?
Today whilst out walking my dog, a woman let her dog unleashed run up to mine, who was leashed. She asked me "Is he alright?". I said "I don't know, he's a dog"...
I've always had dogs, and I know that as much as we love and believe in the best of them, ultimately even the best dog trainer in the world doesn't speak dog and even the smartest, loveliest dog in the world doesn't speak human.
We never actually know. I mean, we get it wrong with other humans all the time don't we?

Great post...

All the advice on what to do if a dog attacks is all well intentioned.

However, it's difficult to stay completely calm and rational if you're involved in a dog attack.

You can't just ask the dog "excuse me, will you just stop for a second whilst I put my finger up your butt/my fist in your mouth/grab hold of your legs/gouge out your eyes."

My dog used to get lots of grief off other dogs when he still had his balls. And when he'd stick up for himself I'd get grief from the owners of the dogs who instigated the aggro.

I'd be reprimanding my dog and all they'd be doing is making excuses and saying my dog was dangerous.

The amount of people I had rows with about it.

I said to one guy "you've probably got kids who are little sh*ts but you think they're angels."

If my dog misbehaves, even as a reaction to another dogs behaviour, I will let him know it. However, I'm also glad he has it in him to look after himself.

I find that many dog owners seem to be scared of dogs... or at least nervous. So they're walking around with their dog off leash but are in a constant state of alert and anxiety because they are worried about every other dog. That nervousness and anxiety transfers to other dogs.

I also find that many dog owners simply do nothing if their dog starts something or is on the receiving end. They just freeze and panic.

Before I got a dog I considered such things and if I would be able to cope in such situations. Unfortunately, I'm in a minority with regards to putting careful thought and consideration into my decision to own, what is ostensibly an animal with sharp teeth and claws and which can never be 100% predictable.

I can't abide what I consider to be mismatches between dogs and owners.

A waif-like person who weighs 30kg isn't going to be able to hold back two Boxers with a combined weight of 80kg if they decide they're off. I've seen it happen.

The relative common sense that most people apply to life decisions seems to go out of the window when people decide to have dogs.

And dog 'walkers.' Don't get me started.

A reflection of modern society. "We want something even though we don't have the time to look after it."

So, we'll pay someone else to do it.

Cue unqualified and irresponsible people 'walking' 8-10 dogs at the same time to maximise their income at £20 per dog.

I don't care how confident you are or think you are, if you are in charge of 8 dogs and something kicks off... you don't stand a chance of sorting it out.

I'm sure I heard that some local councils are placing a limit of 2 on how many dogs one person can walk at one time?

All of this animal attack advice is getting very confusing. On my way the local Spar yesterday, I was confronted by a large grizzly bear. I quickly tried to recall this thread and decided to put my fist up it's bottom.
We are now very happy together :love:

I suspect that people who talk about puttting a finger up the pooper or fist down the throat of an attacking dog, have never seen an attacking dog up close. I mean it's hard enoughe to grab it by the collar....
And of course it all happens so fast that we barely see the signs of it or even the beginning of it until there is biting and snarling.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom