Dolby atmos setup

Matyam

Established Member
Reaction score
At present I have 7.1 with the rear sides being dipoles and two height presence speakers above fronts.I am going for the Nad T778 soon can someone give me there thoughts on best atmos speaker placement in ceiling whilst floor is up thanks oh and personal atmos speakers is £200 each enough ?

You need to post a diagram of your room with dimensions and eventual seating area. As a rule you should stick as close as possible to the Dolby guide which I have linked.

I have a 7.1 setup now tho the left an right are ceiling speakers maybe 6 feet foward from the couch
my aurrounds are more off to the sides then behind,at about 60 degree angle,tho still a bit behind the couch an angled toward the listening position

i want to add two upwards firing atmos speakers,should i put them on top of the front LR or on the surrounds? the fronts are maybe 16-19 feet from couch (we have a 4 seater round table sitting close to the screen,a few feet infront of footreest ,which is in front of couch,to give you an idea)

the surrounds are maybe 10 feet from listening postion tho

im using a dennon avr-x440H

i think placing the atmos speakers on the surrounds would seem better,as the ceiling speakers are in front of the couch anyways

so kinda a 5.1.4 hybrid setup i guess
it looks very much like this pic:
just again,the l r speakers are in ceiling while all others at ear level on ground,an what im gonna buy are atmos upfiring ones as i wont put more in ceiling(im not living here forever)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom