Doom: Eternal (PC)

If this is half as good as the last one , count me in !!!:thumbsup:
Last game was a point to point not that impressive like that one that I played back in early 2000. That part was awesome, close quarters, shotgun and enemies coming from everywhere.

Looks pretty awesome

That scene of him walking through the security is genuinely epic haha

crikey i only just got round to finishing the last one - which was amazing.

i see they have the Invade like Dark Souls so you can Invade other players Campaigns

Delayed until March 20th 2020.

The letter from Bethesda..

Throughout the development of DOOM Eternal, our goal has been to deliver a game that exceeds your greatest expectations across the board.

To make sure we’re delivering the best experience — for DOOM Eternal to live up to our standards of speed and polish — we’ve made the decision to extend our launch date by a few months to March 20, 2020. We know many fans will be disappointed by this delay, but we are confident that DOOM Eternal will deliver a gaming experience that is worth the wait.

In addition to shifting the
DOOM Eternal launch date, we’ve made a couple other changes we wanted you to know about:

• Invasion Mode, which will allow you to enter another player’s game as a playable demon, will release as a free update shortly after launch.
  • DOOM Eternal for Nintendo Switch will release after the other platforms. We will announce that date in the future.
  • DOOM 64 will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC in addition to Nintendo Switch. We are adding DOOM 64 as a pre-order bonus for DOOM Eternal on all platforms so you’ll be able to download and play this classic game, for free, just for pre-ordering DOOM Eternal. DOOM 64 will be released on March 20, 2020 on all platforms.
We are grateful to every DOOM fan for your dedication and support – we can’t wait to rip-and-tear right alongside you

That’s cool, I’d rather they delay and get it right then have to beta test it for them upon release.

New gameplay trailer up:

Lots of gameplay videos released today and it really does looks brilliant.

Need to finish Doom 2016 pronto!

Specifications

PC Ultra-Nightmare Specs (2160p / 60 FPS / Ultra-Nightmare Settings) OR (1440p / 120 FPS / Ultra-Nightmare Settings)
64-bit Windows 10
Intel Core i9-9900K or better, or AMD Ryzen 7 3700X or better
16GB System RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (11GB)
50 GB hard drive space

PC Recommended Specs (1440p / 60 FPS / High Quality Settings)

64-bit Windows 10
Intel Core i7-6700K or better, or AMD Ryzen 7 1800X or better
8GB System RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8GB), RTX 2060 (6GB) or AMD Radeon RX Vega56 (8GB) OR (1080p/ 60 FPS / High Quality Settings) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB), NVIDIA GeForce 970 (4GB), AMD RX 480 (8GB) Note : On GTX 970 only - set Texture Quality to Medium
50 GB hard drive space

PC Minimum Specs (1080p / 60 FPS / Low Quality Settings)

64-bit Windows 7/64-Bit Windows 10
Intel Core i5 @ 3.3 GHz or better, or AMD Ryzen 3 @ 3.1 GHz or better
8GB System RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti (4GB), GTX 1060 (3GB), GTX 1650 (4GB) or AMD Radeon R9 280 (3GB), AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB) or RX 470 (4GB)
50 GB hard drive space

Ultra Nightmare Specs :rotfl:

Anyone who actually completed Doom 2016 on UN must be insane.

I'm looking forward to this, slightly nervous how my PC is going to take to it (4K on the Samsung NU7400, with a 3700X, 2070S and 16gigs of ram.

I'm looking forward to this, slightly nervous how my PC is going to take to it (4K on the Samsung NU7400, with a 3700X, 2070S and 16gigs of ram.

My concern is that I‘ll end up with something that won’t look any better than on my Xbox One X.

I’ve got a 2080, but it’s in an old build with a 4790k. The benchmarks I’ve seen show that the 2080 works at 4K, but they preferred the benefit of the higher frame rates at 1440p.

My concern is that I‘ll end up with something that won’t look any better than on my Xbox One X.

I’ve got a 2080, but it’s in an old build with a 4790k. The benchmarks I’ve seen show that the 2080 works at 4K, but they preferred the benefit of the higher frame rates at 1440p.
I would not worry too much. I am running it on Ultra Nightmare settings 1440 and it is running between 120 and 144 FPS.

The engine looks very similar to the last game (may be the same?) and performance seems very similar. Ultra Nightmare settings looks just like Ultra did in Doom 2016 to me.
Anyway runs really smoothly.

Last edited:
What a game !!!!, ( just as good as the last one if not better )
Ultra Nightmare settings at 4k with 8700k and 1080ti
hasn't dropped a beat from 60fps , smooth as butter ..

looks stunning with a very fast pace ! my poor old eyes can't keep up with it 😵

best 30 quid iv spent in ages ( cdkeys)

What a game !!!!, ( just as good as the last one if not better )
Ultra Nightmare settings at 4k with 8700k and 1080ti
hasn't dropped a beat from 60fps , smooth as butter ..

looks stunning with a very fast pace ! my poor old eyes can't keep up with it 😵

best 30 quid iv spent in ages ( cdkeys)
Yea it is incredibly fast and smooth. They have done an incredible job on the engine to get these frame rates with such incredible visuals.

Harder than 2016, no doubt about that.

It seems a lot harder , ( hurt me plenty ) is a damn site harder than last time around ,

but ,not knocking it , can't wait to get stuck into some more later today

I'm maxing the game on my system at 4k, really nice and smooth it seems. But oh my god, I'm on the second difficulty level, like the second one after the easiest and it's already hard!

Those big buggers with guns on their back are what I'm struggling with, just can't shoot their guns off and they kill me in seconds.

I'm maxing the game on my system at 4k, really nice and smooth it seems. But oh my god, I'm on the second difficulty level, like the second one after the easiest and it's already hard!

Those big buggers with guns on their back are what I'm struggling with, just can't shoot their guns off and they kill me in seconds.
Upgrade the Heavy Canon with precision shot mod (or whatever it is called, just not micro missiles) it then turns RmB into a zoomed sniper shot using 4 bullets. Very easy to shoot the weak spots. Also just awesome to use in general!!

I'm really struggling with the difficulty of Doom this time round, so much so I feel I'm going to have to play through on easy to get the feel of the mechanics before going for a run on a harder level.

I'm really struggling with the difficulty of Doom this time round, so much so I feel I'm going to have to play through on easy to get the feel of the mechanics before going for a run on a harder level.
It is much harder. Also the additional requirements mean there is a lot to learn.

You really have to use chainsaw for ammo as ammo is more scarce, you have to Glory kill for health and the flamethrower is useful too, but I find that harder to combine in.

Key for me is using grenades and reducing their cooldown (upgrades), use one (frag) swap to Ice, as they have separate cooldowns.

Also using dodge is essential for staying alive.

It feels like Hurt me Plenty is the level of Nightmare on 2016

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom