DOOM Eternal Review (Xbox One) & Comments

Legitimately excited to play this.
I nearly gave myself a heart attack playing the 2016 reboot and I'm looking forward to similar coronary events with this one.

Thanks for the review!

I’m so tempted by this, the only thing for me is the early and precipitous drop in price that seems to affect all Bethesda games, which has caught me out on so many occasions.

Unless this has the sound of crying babies in the background, no deal lol.

hm.. will try it tomorrow on my PJ... hoping its good.

Played 30 mins this afternoon - looks fabulous and sounds even better. Smooth action, very violent, some superb deaths and gets difficult very quickly on the harder settings.

Excellent.

Played 30 mins this afternoon - looks fabulous and sounds even better. Smooth action, very violent, some superb deaths and gets difficult very quickly on the harder settings.

Excellent.
how come? reviewer? but ok will buy it

Got today on PS4, a wild crazy ride! 🤠

Wears me out quick, as I’m old, but heartily recommended

Received my copy today from TGC :D

Mine was Shopto.net

both are superb IMO 😎

I normally go with who ever is cheapest and it was £37 from TGC so they got the order.

They all seem to have upped their prices now, was £38.65 from Shopto

This is not an easy game 😳

Got today on PS4, a wild crazy ride! 🤠

Wears me out quick, as I’m old, but heartily recommended
I dont think its about age. Most games today are focusing on graphics and multiplayer, and seldom add anything new.
Can still be entertaining for short while though 😀

I should really go back to Doom (2016) played it for an couple of hours and never went back to it.

Anyone else getting lack of surround / atmos playing this on a One X...? AVR shows Atmos, and it works fine in every other game, but DE just seems to be in stereo...

Still incapable of merging with the exiting thread 3 threads down though........

Baby steps though ey.
We will not be merging threads together where there is a good reason to have separate items. In this case to discuss the review. We are well aware of your opinion and we don't agree with it.

We will not be merging threads together where there is a good reason to have separate items. In this case to discuss the review. We are well aware of your opinion and we don't agree with it.
No one really discusses the review though. A few posts appear talking about the game or getting it then the conversation drifts back over to the proper thread. Letting this one disappear. Whereas if you merged them the review would stay up the top within the other thread.

No one really discusses the review though. A few posts appear talking about the game or getting it then the conversation drifts back over to the proper thread. Letting this one disappear. Whereas if you merged them the review would stay up the top within the other thread.
We are aware of this, but take the view that there is more value in a separate thread to discuss the review, a thread that can be found relating to a review via forum search, SEO benefits for the site to attract readers who are not on AVF - and the review isn't buried in a massive, busy thread. That is the way we will be moving forward and we are actively looking at expanding the gaming editorial so you will see more of these.

We are aware of this, but take the view that there is more value in a separate thread to discuss the review, a thread that can be found relating to a review via forum search, SEO benefits for the site to attract readers who are not on AVF - and the review isn't buried in a massive, busy thread. That is the way we will be moving forward and we are actively looking at expanding the gaming editorial so you will see more of these.
Oh I understand its business reasons.

Oh I understand its business reasons.
Do we charge you for access to any of our quality content or use of the forums?
Yes, it is a business at the end of the day so decisions have to be made to make sure that it continues to be here for you and everyone else, free of charge. We aim to provide quality content that is aimed at our members and community who are the most important aspect of AVF. But we also want to continue to grow this community and we will make decisions that keep the site free to use and at the same time maximise the chances of content being found, read, enjoyed and retaining those visitors; as well as being relevant to the existing users. I don't see why that is a bad thing in any way.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom