DRIVECLUB : General Chat

Drive Club not on the store? Searched and couldn't find anything.

Did this get patched to make it easier at some point?

I ask because I thought I had 3 platinum's (assasins creed, days gone and burnout), but over the weekend it said I had four. I definitely dont recall getting the platinum for driveclub. Wondered if they patched something and I got it while I was offline.

Was blown away by the graphics when this was released and found the gameplay enthralling.

I then bought Project Cars and soon realised how poor Driveclub was running at 30fps, unplayable after months of driving at 60fps.

Ah the eternal 30fps Vs 60fps debate surfaces again.I split most of my arcade driving between Forza Horizon 4 on the X and Driveclub on the Pro and yes going from the former to the latter the difference is noticeable to me for a couple of minutes.Then my brain tunes into it and I just enjoy the driving.
Most of the highest rating and most popular arcade racers (the first 3 Horizon games and PGR 2,3 and 4) run at 30 FPS and still play fantastically.Like Driveclub they all have what for me is more important in an arcade racer,low controller latency and a solid frame rate delivery.

It really was responsive, but the amount of detail that went into a game like Driveclub was absolutely insane, and for some while unnecessary for a racer, really shines when you realize just how much care, love and attention went into it, all to eventually be cut off due to their infamous bad launch and Sonys order for Evolution to be shut down to make way for Polyphony's GT Sport. So as follows:

All clouds are full 3D models to ensure accurate light diffusion from the sun.
Skies are uniquely generated every time you play
Clouds react dynamically to different wind speeds
Waves and rippling on the surface of lakes is dynamically linked to wind speed
High resolution NASA data was used to accurately map landscapes and mountain formations
The team spent weeks out on location and covered a minimum of 200km every day
Road tarmac textures are hand-modelled rather than tiled or tessellated.
Each location has a draw distance of up to 200km to the horizon and even simulates the curvature of the earth
Some tracks boast over 1.2 million road-side trees
There are over 100 different varieties of trees, bushes, mosses and flowers
The Chungara Lake track boasts a 19,000-strong flock of pink flamingos
A typical DRIVECLUB car is made up of 260,000 polygons

You can find the full list of details here:

But the most amazing thing out of everything in that list is the last detail

Despite all of the above, once selected a track will take no more than 15 seconds to load.

A flashback to how races in Driveclub used to be, now all too often these are a relic of the past and what made Driveclub the racer it was.

A few races from Tites private lobby.

1584081817596.png

So DriveClub servers are now gone :(

Guess I'm not going to get that Lifer trophy now.

A life in Driveclub remembered......

Some excellent images could do with a little background sounds/music though jmho.

Couldn't be bothered adding music, it was more of a test project i've missed out a load of by best images.

She is missed.🥺

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230724_214912_PS App.png
    Screenshot_20230724_214912_PS App.png
    318.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20230724_215042_PS App.png
    Screenshot_20230724_215042_PS App.png
    375.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20230724_215022_PS App.png
    Screenshot_20230724_215022_PS App.png
    383.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20230724_215010_PS App.png
    Screenshot_20230724_215010_PS App.png
    314.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20230724_215053_PS App.png
    Screenshot_20230724_215053_PS App.png
    333.2 KB · Views: 28
Whoever was doing the driving was making hard work of the Mono. The Bac Mono and the Caterham SP300 are by far the two easiest cars to drive in the game.

Isn't John meant to be a big racing gamer too? At least oft bangs the Forza drum.

Still impressed at how good that Driveclub footage looked: this thread is 2013 for first vids, so ten years ago!
Any racers thought's on how it stacks up vs current gen games (GT7 etc)?

Isn't John meant to be a big racing gamer too? At least oft bangs the Forza drum.

Still impressed at how good that Driveclub footage looked: this thread is 2013 for first vids, so ten years ago!
Any racers thought's on how it stacks up vs current gen games (GT7 etc)?
Its just my opinion of someone thats has spent thousands of hours playing Driveclub. It was way ahead of its time, its the game that others are judged by.

When gamers of other games crow from the roof tops about dynamic weather and time of day in current gen games, Driveclub was doing this years ago. The game was in a great state when Sony closed down Evolution Studios. GT7 still doesn't have dynamic weather and time of day on every track, it doesn't have time trial leaderboards these are the basics.

If Driveblub 2 ever became a thing, it would bury every other racing game. Current gen racing games are boring bordering on lazy. I haven't played the new Crew game yet.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom