DTS: X is finally launched

I did look, but the pioneer ones look to be hard to find

Thanks, way to expensive when I have two somewhere tho
I need to dig them out

When you find them see if there is a 1 metre optical cable there as well. I know I put it somewhere safe.o_O
Where do these bloody things go???
I swear one was behind my left front for safe keeping

Where do these bloody things go???
I swear one was behind my left front for safe keeping
I have the opposite issue. My wife keeps telling me why we keep having "these things" all over the house

Oh I found a million cables and gadgets last two days, but no mics :(

Oh I found a million cables and gadgets last two days, but no mics :(
Haha. Why do we keep all our old cables!? I've got a huge box up the loft filled with optical,Scart,phono,Ethernet and so on. I keep telling myself I may need them one day....o_O

I am glad I did when I permanently hooked up one of my laserdisc players again

Haha. Why do we keep all our old cables!? I've got a huge box up the loft filled with optical,Scart,phono,Ethernet and so on. I keep telling myself I may need them one day....o_O

Don't get persuaded to ditch them - I finally succumbed to SWMBO pressure and sure enough could not find a cable which I needed 3 months later. Had to buy one :mad:

I love cables and they will always have a loving home with me.

I haven't had a chance to try out dts x yet however from the posts on here sounds positive.

I had a question with my current set up. When streaming I get the choice of DTS and dts neural x

Is there any difference between the two modes?

I haven't had a chance to try out dts x yet however from the posts on here sounds positive.

I had a question with my current set up. When streaming I get the choice of DTS and dts neural x

Is there any difference between the two modes?

DTS is a format while Neural:X is an upmixing mode. You can apply Neural:X to DTS encoded audio. The two are not alternatives to one another. Neural:X is used to create pseudo DTS:X audio and creates pseudo channels for output via the effects speakers otherwise used by DTS:X. DTS is not a mode and is a discrete audio format.

Well answered dante01. I use Neural X for most things now (apart from when Atmos or DTS X is the original source).

Thanks Dante really useful explanation.

Anti monitor do you find neural x better than say dolby digital?

Yeah defo. It adds and improves by using your height speakers (for me my ceiling speakers). Like dante01 says it creates a pseudo sound field to mimic Atmos or dtsx. Think once you try it you will like:smashin:

Neural seems more immersive that Dolby Surround. Live music from DTS soundtracks is especially good.

At the moment I just have the standard 5.1 set up no ceiling speakers. Guess to make the most of DTS neural would I need the height speakers adding or would you still experience the difference on a 5.1 set up?

At the moment I just have the standard 5.1 set up no ceiling speakers. Guess to make the most of DTS neural would I need the height speakers adding or would you still experience the difference on a 5.1 set up?
You must have a 5.1.2 to be able to use Neural X.

ARC does not carry DD+, Atmos, DTS, so Neural X is really godsent in terms of improving the otherwise dull ARC 5.1 Audio. It really does make a huge difference.
If I stream from other devices-like Roky-where DD+ is available, then I may apply Dolby Surround instead.
I also swicthed Audio settings from Reference to Flat and that also helps:)

ARC does not carry DD+…

ARC can carry Dolby Digital Plus. Most new flat panel TVs support ARC and ARC is the only means of conveying Dolby Digital Plus from such TVs.

Note that just because ARC can convey Dolby Digital Plus isn't to say that all TVs with ARC enabled also include Dolby Digital Plus via ARC.

Last edited:
ARC can carry Dolby Digital Plus. Most new flat panel TVs support ARC and ARC is the only means of conveying Dolby Digital Plus from such TVs.

Note that just because ARC can convey Dolby Digital Plus isn't to say that all TVs with ARC enabled also include Dolby Digital via ARC.
I will rephrase that...Mine doesnt:)

I've had a note from Anthem saying DTS X will be available "late fall", so about now I would guess, really looking forward to the format, anyone out there heard or seen anything on this ?

Does anyone know of upfiring speakers that are compatible with B&W M1 speakers
These are round topped satellites so I need an option to place adjacent or near???

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom