DTS: X is finally launched

Is there a difference in speaker configuration recommendation, ATMOS vs Dts X

I read on another forum that JVC is going to show a $25K or so 4K laser front projector.
A little rich for my blood, I'm sure it'll be pretty amazing tho.

I read somewhere yesterday, I think it was paramount are going to do more dtsx releases soon.

I read somewhere yesterday, I think it was paramount are going to do more dtsx releases soon.
Been getting that news from my Google feed but it's all seems from months back?? Old news regurgitated?

Been getting that news from my Google feed but it's all seems from months back?? Old news regurgitated?

Could well have been, I didn't pay much attention to it tbh.

Hmm, fascinating stuff but how has Roku managed to get everybody talking about PJs on a dts:x threado_O

Can you point me please and I'll tidy up.

Whoops, I feel like the playground snitch now:D

Most of this page and some of the previous page seems to be all about PJs.:)

Whoops, I feel like the playground snitch now:D

Most of this page and some of the previous page seems to be all about PJs.:)
Not if he's on your ignore list ;)

I've got a BR Supertramp Live in Paris '79, it has a DTS HD MA 5.1 audio at a 96kHz frequency. It will not however upmix to Neural:X and steadfastly reverts to normal DTS MA. I e-mailed Denon and have received this answer.

Thank you for your patience. One of our quality assurance team has confirmed the functionality and has experienced the same limitation. They have confirmed with the engineers that this is specification of the DTS driver, which unfortunately is only specified in this configuration of up to 48kHz.

Our engineers have forgotten to add this into the user documentation and they will take care that this information is added as soon as possible.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Denon Customer Support

So in Denon's configuration of DTS Neural:X or all instances of it?

So in Denon's configuration of DTS Neural:X or all instances of it?

The LPCM track, also at 96kHz did upmix to Neural, which I made clear to Denon. Their reply seems to indicate that DTS encodes at 96kHz will not upmix from Master Audio certainly and perhaps standard DTS. As you can see from the reply no mention if a firmware upgrade will solve it.

Sorry Dante, think I got the wrong end of the stick. The reply did not make it clear if this was a Denon only problem. They have replied within 24 hours, which is pretty quick.

The LPCM track, also at 96kHz did upmix to Neural, which I made clear to Denon. Their reply seems to indicate that DTS encodes at 96kHz will not upmix from Master Audio certainly and perhaps standard DTS. As you can see from the reply no mention if a firmware upgrade will solve it.

So if you'd not the additional LPCM soundtrack then you could potentially still let the player do the decoding of the DTS-HD higher bireate content in order to apply Neural:X to it?

Still weird why DTS would restrict it unless it has something more to do with Denon's less capable processing abilities? That would explain the restriction.

What is interesting is that after doing a bit of reseatch it has become apparent that the DTS-HD Master Audio you get with DTS:X is itself limited to 48kHz. So you'd not get instances of higher sample rates if wanting content encoded with DTS:X. Not that it is common you get such audio, but it is a limitation associated with DTS:X.

DTS X / DTS: Neural X discussion...

Shame really. I find there is a big difference between standard DD/DTS and TrueHD/DTS:X on blu ray. On the DTS MA concerts I have upmixing to Neural:X adds great heighth to the front sound stage.

Finally uploaded DTS X firmware on my Denon. On Netflix I
get to choose between DD+ Dolby Surround and Neural X. Have you guys noticed which one sounds more immersive?

Do you know how to play spin the bottle?

Pick whichever one sounds the best to you.
I keep flipping between the two...they both sound excellent!

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally uploaded DTS X firmware on my Denon. On Netflix I
get to choose between DD+ Dolby Surround and Neural X. Have you guys noticed which one sounds more immersive?

Do you know how to play spin the bottle?

Pick whichever one sounds the best to you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom