DTS: X is finally launched

I have a up to date Denon AVR 1200X but have yet to see Atmos or DTS X on the front display.
I fitted all the speakers ect.
The Dolby surround works ok.
DTS works and THX but no Atmos or DTX S yet.
I use blu ray / netflix and i get a sign DD-DD which i don`t know what it means!
Thanks

THX?

@joner7777 i believe your update for DTS:X is at the end of august, although i could be wrong.

@joner7777 i believe your update for DTS:X is at the end of august, although i could be wrong.

The update was issued on the 17th of August and is available now.

I have a up to date Denon AVR 1200X but have yet to see Atmos or DTS X on the front display.
I fitted all the speakers ect.
The Dolby surround works ok.
DTS works and THX but no Atmos or DTX S yet.
I use blu ray / netflix and i get a sign DD-DD which i don`t know what it means!
Thanks

You'll only get Atmos or DTS:X if the content you are accessing is encoded with it. Many Blu-ray and UHD titles are encoded with Atmos, but very few include DTS:X. What are you playing whilst expecting to get either Atmos or DTS:X audio? Also note that audio has to be conveyed to the receiver via JDMI and it has to be bitstreamed to it in order for you to get either Atmos or DTS:X audio when available.

The update was issued on the 17th of August and is available now.

You'll only get Atmos or DTS:X if the content you are accessing is encoded with it. Many Blu-ray and UHD titles are encoded with Atmos, but very few include DTS:X. What are you playing whilst expecting to get either Atmos or DTS:X audio? Also note that audio has to be conveyed to the receiver via JDMI and it has to be bitstreamed to it in order for you to get either Atmos or DTS:X audio when available.

It is a little confusing (analogue guy here !) I have a BR player that will play Dolby HD sound via a HDMI feed to the AVR while playing the film Gravity.
I thought that would then produce Atmos.

Is the disc Atmos enabled and do you have two ceiling speakers with the amp also atmos enabled ?

The receiver and no current DEnon receiver is THX certified. None of DEnon's current models have any THX licensed features.

Your Blu-ray playerwould need to be configured to bitstream Audio via HDMI in order to get either Atmos or DTS:X. Is your copy of Gravity actually encoded with Atmos? Not all copies are and only the Diamond Luxe edition has an Atmos soundtrack.

AS already suggested, you must have at least a 5.1.2 speaker configuration in order to be able to access either Atmos or DTS:X encoded content.

I noticed that new firmware allows me to also apply Dolby Surround to DTS H, not just Neural X

The receiver and no current DEnon receiver is THX certified. None of DEnon's current models have any THX licensed features.

Your Blu-ray playerwould need to be configured to bitstream Audio via HDMI in order to get either Atmos or DTS:X. Is your copy of Gravity actually encoded with Atmos? Not all copies are and only the Diamond Luxe edition has an Atmos soundtrack.

AS already suggested, you must have at least a 5.1.2 speaker configuration in order to be able to access either Atmos or DTS:X encoded content.
Not quite right, the Region B Blu-Ray of Gravity labelled SPECIAL EDITION also has an Atmos sound track, the Diamond Luxe edition was a US release.

I thought "The Last Witch Hunter" was supposed to be DTS:X ? I seem to have managed to have grab a version which is 7.1 MA/DD only

I thought "The Last Witch Hunter" was supposed to be DTS:X ? I seem to have managed to have grab a version which is 7.1 MA/DD only
Not sure about the blu unless it was just the US release? but the UHD has DTS-X as does the uk release of the huntsman winters war blu.

What do you guys think of being able to apply Dolby Surround to DTS H Master? Now the question is whether it would be best to use Neural X or Dolby Surround on DTS H Master hmmmm....

The US got the DTS:X release.

IMG_0300.JPG

I brought mine back from an holiday.

I don't seem to be able to use the iTunes code though, so region coding is still annoying. Anyone got a workaround?

Other titles with DTS:X audio, where the back cover may be useful.
Crimson Peak is Region B
IMG_0302.JPG

ExMachina I think is only DTS-X from the US.
IMG_0303.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_0305.JPG

American Ultra is DTS:X from Lionsgate only from US.

Those backs are useful! Thanks

So, we all have the gear to play it but not much out there to play!

Yes and even less if you live outside of the USA and don't have a multi region enabled BD player.

It is sort of panning out like this. New UHD releases are getting the Atmos audio while older content that is being remastered is being remastered with a DTS:X soundtrack. Not much of the new content is getting a DTS:X soundtrack.

Huntsmen Winters War released last week has a Dts:X track.

The US version is confirmed, can you post a picture of the rear cover for the UK version confirming DTS-X? It is still Audio=TBA on Blu-Ray.com

As it is Universal, I expect it to be DTS:X - the pattern seems to be that Lionsgate are dropping immersive audio in the UK releases.

Post number #2012 [emoji16] [emoji106]..Sorry couldn't help myself lol

The US version is confirmed, can you post a picture of the rear cover for the UK version confirming DTS-X? It is still Audio=TBA on Blu-Ray.com

As it is Universal, I expect it to be DTS:X - the pattern seems to be that Lionsgate are dropping immersive audio in the UK releases.

I dont own it but seen the rear cover in the shops, it is dts:x

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom