Dune HD Smart H1 Owners Thread

yes you can ask it to restart where you stopped. but this is only working with simple files, not structures (and ISO i think). It's somewhere in the dune set up, once checked the dune will remember the position of the last 200 files played.

TBh I absolutely don't know what is fast SMB :D The only thing I know is that it has an impact on streaming and OFF is good for some people, while ON is good for others...At least your netgear router is not one of those having incompatibility with dune players ;)

I also brought the laptop down to the media center and started a file transfer from the server off the same line the Dune uses. I"m getting 100 speeds, even though I am on a giga network from beginning to end.
You do realise the Dune has fast Ethernet only? Not that it should affect transfer speeds elsewhere (I think).

Yes! I've got yadis working properly on my Dune! I followed your guide on mpcclub.com, Mr Eric and it's working!

Thank you so much.

After 2 weeks of headaches, I'm giddy with happiness.

My only slight gripe is when looking at cover art of films, there's a transparent image of the current time and what looks like a revolver chamber - a circle with six holes in it which is slightly obstructing the cover art.

How do I remove that?

Thanks

I don't use anyDVD (using DVDFab) so i might be wrong but my understanding is : ANYDVD can effectively rip the movie, but the problem is that the disc is full of fake playlists. So when you try to read it it will start with a random playlist that can be a bonus, a chapter or nothing. using BD Lite gives you the possibility to search for the correct one and finally play the movie. If you look at the link, some people have found the correct playlist to use (seems to depend on the BR version/country though) and it seems possible to rip only this one so you won't have any problem to play.

Hi Mr. Eric, again. :)

Your post above is from earlier in this thread. It is in regards to the hunger games blu-ray. I too have the same problem the OP had. The rip went fine, however when I go to play it on the DUNE nothing happens. Black screen.

When I go to play it on one of my old WD boxes it plays fine. The WD box has no menu options. EX. the movie The Town just plays the extended cut version. No choice to swap over to the theatrical. '

Anyways...... what's the best way to avoid this problem on the Dune smart series? Should I just bite the bullet and rip to MKV?

I really would like to have the full copy of the disk so if I'm super board one day I can watch the commentary. Or in the case of the 'The Town' watch the extended cut.

On the other hand I just want a plug and play setup. :lease:

yes you can ask it to restart where you stopped. but this is only working with simple files, not structures (and ISO i think). It's somewhere in the dune set up, once checked the dune will remember the position of the last 200 files played.

TBh I absolutely don't know what is fast SMB :D The only thing I know is that it has an impact on streaming and OFF is good for some people, while ON is good for others...At least your netgear router is not one of those having incompatibility with dune players ;)

Lame.... I'm using .ISO for the ability to keep the disk as-is. I seriously do not get why it is so hard to get a full featured, set it and forget it, jukebox option for playing ones video library.

And they wonder why people steal movies all day long.....:rolleyes:

After 2 weeks of headaches, I'm giddy with happiness.

My only slight gripe is when looking at cover art of films, there's a transparent image of the current time and what looks like a revolver chamber - a circle with six holes in it which is slightly obstructing the cover art.

How do I remove that?

Thanks

Before Mr Eric beats me to it :laugh:

To hide the clock widget in yaDIS, place the following line in your ROOT dune_folder.txt

all_children.paint_widget=no

Or : use a dune interface without the right panel (using "complete" mode is perfect) and simply don't use the weather and clock widget. No need to add anything anywhere.

Hi Mr. Eric, again. :)
Anyways...... what's the best way to avoid this problem on the Dune smart series? Should I just bite the bullet and rip to MKV?

I really would like to have the full copy of the disk so if I'm super board one day I can watch the commentary. Or in the case of the 'The Town' watch the extended cut.

On the other hand I just want a plug and play setup. :lease:

You could always just rip both the std and extended titles using MakeMKV, and if its just audio commentary rip that audio track as well on 'other.

hi there,
I try here before eventually creating a thread.
I developed a Music Jukebox application (Dune Music Manager : (http://www.avforums.com/forums/stre...y-your-music-dune-dune-music-manager-dmm.html) . It is based on the classic dune_folder.txt mechanism. As such it is of course static, no search possible. I'm looking at ways to make it more dynamic.
It is already compatible with DMC from Babachan.
I'd love to be able to create an iOS equivalent allowing to navigate and search the music db, however I don't have a Mac nor experience on ObjectiveC.

I was therefore thinking of exporting not only a dune_folder based tree hierarchy but also an HTML site for the same content.
My idea was therefore to access the site through the dune HTTP web server to view and play (via IP control API) the music.

To be generic and simple enough, I'd need to instruct the httpd daemon of the Dune to map other folders that the Dune can access as valid target for the Dune Web server.

I was looking around and found that I might be creating an httpd.conf file and restart the httpd daemon to take that into account. That's beyond my knowledge.
Does anyone have an idea ?
Al

Before Mr Eric beats me to it :laugh:

To hide the clock widget in yaDIS, place the following line in your ROOT dune_folder.txt

all_children.paint_widget=no

Or : use a dune interface without the right panel (using "complete" mode is perfect) and simply don't use the weather and clock widget. No need to add anything anywhere.

thanks to you both! you guys are stars..

You could always just rip both the std and extended titles using MakeMKV, and if its just audio commentary rip that audio track as well on 'other.

Thanks. I might. I'm researching different rip methods now.

I really just want to rip 1:1 iso files, but damn the start up process is slow. I'm looking into ways to reliably get rid of different languages, sub titles, advertisements etc, yet still keep 99% of the original file in tact.

It took a lot for me to end up with a Dune smart series all for the purpose of having full blu-ray menus and no issues with playback. I had originally started out with a dune 3d zappiti player, but with only BD lite and the endless issues that causes I got out of that deal thankfully.

When Yadis stopped working because of an update to the TMDB API and the statement that it was unlikely to be fixed in the short-term, I re-setup Zappiti on my Dune to the point of preferring it over Yadis especially for groups/sagas.

The only thing that stops me is that I can't find anywhere in the Zappiti setup that allows me to drop various articles such as 'a, an, the, le, la, les etc' from the beginning of titles in the same way that Yadis does.

Is there anywhere in Zappiti that I can do this or do I just have to edit titles?

John

The only thing that stops me is that I can't find anywhere in the Zappiti setup that allows me to drop various articles such as 'a, an, the, le, la, les etc' from the beginning of titles in the same way that Yadis does.
Configuration > Scrapers tab

Mark.

Attachments

• scraper.jpg
    scraper.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 133
I really just want to rip 1:1 iso files, but damn the start up process is slow. I'm looking into ways to reliably get rid of different languages, sub titles, advertisements etc, yet still keep 99% of the original file in tact.
MakeMKV will do what you want. You can select what you want to rip from the disc and it gives you a rip with no compression or conversion so you keep 100% quality.

Mark.

Configuration > Scrapers tab

Mark.

All that does is remove all the occurrences of the listed words not just any articles at the front.

When I tried to use it, The A-Team came out as -Team. I want a title like A Late Quartet to be listed as such but sorted as Late Quartet.

Yadis can do this.

John

I'm having problems with DVD iso playback. First off, Blu-Ray isos play without any issue. I first used DVD playback engine 2, but was getting thin black line randomly on the screen every couple seconds, sometimes more frequently as well as audio/video dropouts (screen quickly flashes black and audio drops out). I've tried many DVD's with all different rippers and they all have the same issue. I tried switching to DVD playback engine 1, and that fixed the problem with the lines, but I still get he occasional a/v dropout, which also knocks the audio out of sync. I've tried different video settings, but they all have the same issue. I'm on the latest firmware. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I'm playing back off a USB drive connected directly to the D1

Last edited:
Hey... i sorted out the problem last week... but now i try and process some new episodes into TV, and the database is not responding... it works fine for films though... Any ideas?

Tvdb website was down two days ago, might have been down again this night. When it happens just try to connect to tvdb.com to see if it's alive.

Just want to say thanks again everyone for all the info and the friendly advice here and on other threads.

Finally got around to setting up my H1, installed 3TB internal disk and a USB stick for system storage and movie wall. Ripped a film (surprisingly at 5.5x) and and a couple of TV episodes to play with set-up and config. Currently using Zappiti and got the player to boot into the wall. With the exception of ripping and copying these to the HD the entire setup only took about 20 mins, the biggest issue was figuring out how to setup a windows network map on a VM running on the mac! But all done and looks sweet. :clap:

And for anyone that is interested, if you partition and format the USB stick using the mac rather than windows it places several hidden files on it which will prevent the Dune recognising this partition as available for system storage. Google "show hidden files mac" on how to see these as its not switched on by default, you need to remove these before plugging into the Dune.

So it looks like I'm gonna be spending the next few months ripping all my films and TV series, no doubt will be back asking questions about connecting to a NAS in the next month :laugh:

Last edited:
I have a dune h1 and a seagate 3tb hdd linked to it... obviously the hdd wont be as fast as the actual dune... anyway, i have an iso file on it, but it cannot be processed from yadis... any idea? it is a big file, and its the first iso i have put on the ext hdd, and when i played it, it worked perfectly fine... i am transferring it to the dune and will see if it helps... any advice or info?

Hope i made sense :D

OK, i tried using it from the dune hdd, but still no luck... I try processing it, but it says, "ERROR - no video file found"..... any help at all?

How is named your file ? Is it in a folder ? What's inside the iso ? (that's just a container)

I fixed it... just a mistake. I had the Iso in a folder... but i went on the folders tab on yadis and sorted it... i hadn't had an iso in a while, therefore i forgot the problem.

Anyone know where the thread is relating to the grouping of movies together in Zappiti?

For example, Harry Potter has 8 films which are currently all shown in the Movies section as individual titles, I want to group them under Harry Potter and then show all 8 under the one heading.....basically the same as TV shows works. I am sure I have read how to do it somewhere, but buggered if I can find it now

EDIT: Found it by playing with Zappiti, right click and "add to group", now just need to figure out how to change the artwork for the main title

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom