E7 fine white vertical line

bryfly

Established Member
Reaction score
My E7 has just done a 2000hr pixel refresh and I now notice a fine white line approximately 20 mm in from the left hand side running from top to bottom, has anybody else had this problem, tried another pixel refresh and a full reset but did not cure it.

Attachments

• IMG_20191223_184844.jpg
    IMG_20191223_184844.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 123
I had the same issue with my e7 when I bought it 2 years ago. I had just got it set up and was watching Netflix when the line suddenly appeared, it took about 4 or 5 pixel refreshes to clear the problem.
The line gradually got fainter until it disappeared and it's been fine for the last 2 years.
I have no idea what caused the problem but it does seem quite common.

I had the same issue with my e7 when I bought it 2 years ago. I had just got it set up and was watching Netflix when the line suddenly appeared, it took about 4 or 5 pixel refreshes to clear the problem.
The line gradually got fainter until it disappeared and it's been fine for the last 2 years.
I have no idea what caused the problem but it does seem quite common.
Interesting that it gradually disappeared, I did 3 more pixel refresh and did not cure, but after engineer inspected the TV they going to fit new screen anyway...

JL warranty team emailed to say they cannot repair the my OLED65E7 and that ill get my money back less the price match they offered at the time (i also got £800 cashback from LG 2 years ago TV cost me £1500) ,
Im guessing it will be the same for all other OLEDX7 screens going forward as the part outwieghs the cost.
Im tempted by a Samsung QLED 82" for £2299 on their website with 10yr screen burn in warranty as im worried about OLED letting me down

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom