Ebay 'make offer'

If ebay is that bad that sellers feel the need to cheat the system, why still use it?
Personally I'd also walk away if a seller asked me to complete outside the system. I wouldn't report them because I'm too bloody lazy, but they'd definitely then be a seller I'd make sure myself and my friends avoided if possible.

I have bought stuff oFf eBay but I wouldn’t part with any money, it was a Jeep trailer, I went and picked it up, paid cash, seller cancelled the auction
other than that I always use PayPal for any transactions, even if the seller is in another country

I’d never trust a dishonest seller, nor dishonest buyer.

Interesting how you openly admit to fiddle the system and entice your customers to go outside the system. I would cancel and report you instantly.

Save your tears and fight for the rights of someone that deserves it. Hint: it's not ebay.

If a buyer wants a discount and the seller is only willing to offer that outside of eBay, then the buyer rolls the dice and takes their chances. We're all grown ups and can make our own decisions.

If someone wants the protection then they pay full price and keep it on eBay, or they buy elsewhere.

I've had a similar experience. Drop it. Far too dodgy. Even if he's trying to stop eBay getting their cut, you lose your protection.

The seller is trying to save the 10% ebay fee. It’s a bit cheeky to use their service to advertise their goods and find a buyer and then avoid paying for the service.

He's just attempting to avoid eBay fees to give you the discount. Fairly common, they do rape you for 10%+ in some categories.

Ebay is an online auction site that charges much less than physical auction sites. They are a profit making organisation, not a charity.

Get real! :nono:

The seller is trying to save the 10% ebay fee. It’s a bit cheeky to use their service to advertise their goods and find a buyer and then avoid paying for the service.

Its a bit cheeky for eBay to hand out free refunds out of my PayPal account, but they do. So I gain back a small percentage on my personal items. Its my own little form of rebellion and retribution. I like to feel a bit naughty and also feel like I get a little back of what they steal. Plus the buyer gets a better price.

However, eBay still make 20k+ a year from me, so they are doing all ok :)

Last edited:
I've had a similar experience. Drop it. Far too dodgy. Even if he's trying to stop eBay getting their cut, you lose your protection.

Not exactly.

The PayPal protection is equal to that of eBay.

Now if they where attempting a friends and family payment, then yes, avoid it completely.

I don't have received your PayPal information yet, send an email to (private email address, coded not to be detected by Ebay bot) please. After that I can send you a payment request.

Greetings,
That entire paragraph culminating with ‘greetings’ would have been enough for me.

One point of clarity. eBay no longer own PayPal - when they did they would collude so if you circumvented eBay you would get no PayPal protection.
Out of interest, do eBay/PayPal still have that rule where if one of them (say eBay) has already rejected your dispute, you’re not allowed to raise the same dispute with the other (say PayPal)?

If truly entirely separate entities, then surely they should allow you to ask both to conduct their own independent ‘investigations’ into your dispute?

Out of interest, do eBay/PayPal still have that rule where if one of them (say eBay) has already rejected your dispute, you’re not allowed to raise the same dispute with the other (say PayPal)?

If truly entirely separate entities, then surely they should allow you to ask both to conduct their own independent ‘investigations’ into your dispute?

Np they don't, and you can even both open simoultaenously now since the split.

eBay will close theirs down if you tell them the buyer has opened a PP one though. You have more chances of winning a PP case than an eBay case as a seller.

I’m not certain but I don’t think so, don’t see how they could because they are two different companies.

It would be like your credit card saying you couldn’t do a chargeback because you’d spoken to the retailer first and they refused to see reason and declined your request.

Cheers,

Nigel

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom