eBay refund issue

I’ve been in touch with PayPal today they said I should wait another 13 days for the seller to respond hardly ideal. I won’t be making this mistake returning anything again.

eBay terms state seller is only responsible for getting it to the collection point if I’ve read it correctly

View attachment 1279285

That procedure is broken, even in-non-pandemic times. If you were to draw it out as a process flow there is a point where it gets stuck in limbo - that is where the collection point fails to return the item. In the procedure as stated the seller does not get the item back so is not prompted to issue a refund and the process just hangs.

But I agree in this case, had the OP not opened the PayPal case the refund would have all be sorted in their favour.

Cheers,

Nigel

I have read some reviews of the company on Trusted pilot and seems they have been taking people’s money non stop

“Really bad service! Item was charged and never delivered, now no actual response. ordered since the 17th March with no response. Any email is responded to to say to wait till the end of the next working day. Now asking for a refund for 4 days with no response.”

“Don’t like leaving a bad review but I’m really disappointed with the lack of service I have received from Laptops Direct. I ordered and paid for a monitor for home working two weeks ago now, first confirmed delivery date was moved back a week the second delivery date was a no show and no explanation. 24hrs later and no one seems to know what’s happened to the delivery, being told they will come back to us in another 24hrs!!! I appreciate things aren’t easy at present but I have ordered IT equipment from PC World & other suppliers in the last fortnight without any problems. If Laptops Direct can’t deliver they shouldn’t be taking orders.”

It seems these guys are scam artists

I have read some reviews of the company on Trusted pilot and seems they have been taking people’s money non stop

“Really bad service! Item was charged and never delivered, now no actual response. ordered since the 17th March with no response. Any email is responded to to say to wait till the end of the next working day. Now asking for a refund for 4 days with no response.”

“Don’t like leaving a bad review but I’m really disappointed with the lack of service I have received from Laptops Direct. I ordered and paid for a monitor for home working two weeks ago now, first confirmed delivery date was moved back a week the second delivery date was a no show and no explanation. 24hrs later and no one seems to know what’s happened to the delivery, being told they will come back to us in another 24hrs!!! I appreciate things aren’t easy at present but I have ordered IT equipment from PC World & other suppliers in the last fortnight without any problems. If Laptops Direct can’t deliver they shouldn’t be taking orders.”

It seems these guys are scam artists
They’ve been around for a long time. I think several people have given really good advice to you already on this thread. Whilst not your fault, you do seem to have caused your situation at least partially yourself by not following the process.

Purely based on the information and accounts you have been provided so far.

They’ve been around for a long time. I think several people have given really good advice to you already on this thread. Whilst not your fault, you do seem to have caused your situation at least partially yourself by not following the process.

Purely based on the information and accounts you have been provided so far.
I went about it the wrong way as eBay refused to refund and people suggested on eBay forums I open a PayPal case. I think eBay were forcing me into this as they decided I won the case then they closed it.

Best bet now is to sit out the 13 days and see what paypal can do when the seller fails to respond

I'd like to see ebay waiting 13 working days after your invoice had expired. They'd be straight on your case.
Ridiculous that the buyer has to wait this long for a refund. Poor service from the seller and ebay IMO.

I'd like to see ebay waiting 13 working days after your invoice had expired. They'd be straight on your case.
Ridiculous that the buyer has to wait this long for a refund. Poor service from the seller and ebay IMO.
But it’s been taken out of ebays hands because the buyer involved paypal whilst an eBay case was ongoing. That’s why it’s taking so long

And the seller reportedly didn't receive their goods back. Would you refund your customers whilst you don't have your good back?

And the seller reportedly didn't receive their goods back. Would you refund your customers whilst you don't have your good back?

Complicated because there is a middleman (Argos) in the equation. But you could equally argue that the buyer never received the goods yet so the responsibility to deliver the goods or refund still sits with the seller.

Seller “I delivered the goods to Argos as requested I have confirmation that they arrived”

Buyer “I never collected the goods and advised that I didn’t want them. I have confirmation that Argos sent it back”

Seller “I’ve not received anything back yet, I’ll refund when I do”

Argos “We sent it back as requested so we met our obligations”

Sort that one out.

My guess. Each Argos store has a pile of stuff that they started the return process, so generated the return but then closed shop so nothing actually got sent. I imagine that the buyer will get his money back, the seller will be out of pocket and it is Argos that is the villain here.

Cheers,

Nigel

Last edited:
Complicated because there is a middleman (Argos) in the equation. But you could equally argue that the buyer never received the goods yet so the responsibility to deliver the goods or refund still sits with the seller.

Cheers,

Nigel
Yup we've gone over that already ;) And the T&C cover that area, so far from what has been reported the seller has done everything right. But it seems because the OP opened a second case a further complication was created, unfortunately.

I have again today messaged the seller to ask how I can be billed for £142 pounds for an item I never received. Doesn’t seem to care quite happy he’s got my money. Sure if he never got the item he could chase Argos up but I’ve not heard him do such.

PayPal got back to me and suggested I contact my bank to see why I’ve not had refund yet?

The bank advised we raise a dispute with the bank too but they are closed until Tuesday due to Easter

PayPal got back to me and suggested I contact my bank to see why I’ve not had refund yet?

And the 'slopey shouders' award of the year goes to PayPal.

PayPal Customer Service - "We've got your refund on hold and haven't paid it yet - why don't run off and contact your bank and ask them why you have not received it"

Cheers,

Nigel

And the 'slopey shouders' award of the year goes to PayPal.

PayPal Customer Service - "We've got your refund on hold and haven't paid it yet - why don't run off and contact your bank and ask them why you have not received it"

Cheers,

Nigel
It was one of the customer service agents on the forum which said it not anything on the case page?

I bought an item in error? Seller hasn't received it back but you are creating that you are not getting a refund and expect the seller to pay for this unfortunate set of events which started with your error? I have sympathy for the seller and don't see anyone else to blame but the person who caused this by buying something they didn't want. Even if it had been received back, how much would it have cost the seller in shipping it there and back. I bet you wouldn't have felt guilty about your error and offered to pay these costs... Rant over 🙄

I bought an item in error? Seller hasn't received it back but you are creating that you are not getting a refund and expect the seller to pay for this unfortunate set of events which started with your error?...
OP did try to cancel the transaction before the seller despatched the item.

OP did try to cancel the transaction before the seller despatched the item.
Yeah I know but companies are struggling at moment with lack of staff and some sellers drop ship via automated systems so understandable. Just look at the rules on this very forum, the OP would have faced suspension for withdrawing from an agreed deal, Ebay imho is very weighed in favour of the buyer but some expect even more. Unfortunate for the op but very much of his own design.

I bought an item in error? Seller hasn't received it back but you are creating that you are not getting a refund and expect the seller to pay for this unfortunate set of events which started with your error? I have sympathy for the seller and don't see anyone else to blame but the person who caused this by buying something they didn't want. Even if it had been received back, how much would it have cost the seller in shipping it there and back. I bet you wouldn't have felt guilty about your error and offered to pay these costs... Rant over 🙄

I am quite right to change my mind. I mailed him about a question and then apologied and cancelled that night. Next day he blatantly ignored my email about cancelling and answered only the question and still sent it anyway. The seller won’t be out of pocket Argos sent it back by Royal Mail.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom