Electronic Drums (Rockband3) or Real Drum for Beginner

Christian 71

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My youngest daughter (6yrs) has just started drumming and is loving it. I bought her a second hand 5 piece tiger junior drum kit and after a year of bashing away she has just started lessons.

I'm not sure she would have progressed as well but I bought Rockband 4 on the xbox and after the drums gathering dust suddenly she was banging out tunes in rhythm. Now my eldest daughter (12yrs) has declared she is bored of guitar and would rather learn drums.

I have Rockband 3 on the 360 and a midi adapter so I'm wondering if it is worth buying a suitable electronic drum kit that would work. I read a while ago on these forums lots of people who did the same and found it worked well learning and was much more fun than banging away aimlessly and Rockband 3 pro guitar got me playing guitar again and I moved onto Rocksmith.

Also wondering if my youngest would be better off with a full size drum kit instead as then the eldest can share. The hi hat and crash cymbals are pretty nasty, but maybe that's fine. I could also just upgrade these too.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom